• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ProRes RAW will not play correctly on a Windows computer with an AMD GPU.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to view, decode, and edit with ProRes RAW footage taken on an Atomos Ninja V in Premiere Pro. and I cannot get it to decode even after installing the decoder from Apple. I have tested different drivers, different Windows updates and versions, and I am beginning to think, especially after research, that it is an issue with AMD GPUs. I am using an RX 6800 with Ryzen 5 5600, 32GB DDR4-3600, and Windows 11.  Please help!

[Mod: updated the title to make the issue easier to find when searching]

Bug Started
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Import and ingest , Interoperability or 3rd party tools , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 06, 2024 Sep 06, 2024

I returned my AMD gpu back and solved the issue imediatly, it's a driver error. Untill they patch it this will keep happening. Really tried to go all team red, but prorez was a crutial part of my workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Hi all, 

We are aware of this problem that is specific to ProRes RAW and AMD GPUs (either integrated or discreet), and have been working on it with our hardware & software partners. We don't have an estimate for a fix yet but as soon as we do, we will update this post. (We will also add this issue to our Known Issues documentation. This should have been done already; my apologies for the oversight.)

The current workaround is to use software rendering. Make this change via File > Project Sett

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 128 Replies 128
128 Comments
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2024 Sep 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though a lot of us would really like everyone to get trouble-free ProRes RAW working in PrPro, I do have to acknowledge that at least a large segment of the PrPro user-base is getting ProRes RAW working.

Which, as I'm also a Resolve user, is more than anyone using Resolve can get. As there is no use of ProRes RAW in any shape or form on any system with Resolve.

So if Adobe's devs can get that issue fixed, it would really be good ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2024 Sep 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I returned my AMD gpu back and solved the issue imediatly, it's a driver error. Untill they patch it this will keep happening. Really tried to go all team red, but prorez was a crutial part of my workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2024 Sep 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've got an Nvidia GPU and have the same problem. RTX 4080 S

Votes

Translate

Translate