• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spinning wheel Mac Studio while cutting footage

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to spot a sequence but my Mac Studio keeps loading after every 1/2 steps. The clips all have proxies. I have 4 different projects. 2 projects work fine, the other 2 including this one, keeps showing me the loading mac icon. I work on a new 2023 Mac Studio 32gb. The strange this is that 2 project work fine and 2 are not. What could be the case here?

I recorded a video to show what happens.

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

That does seem like a frustrating way to work. 

Can you share more detailed computer and video format specs, and any specific repro steps I can try and reproduce the issue and see if we can't get to the bottom of it.

Would you be able to send me a project file of one of the sequences that having that issue?

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
7 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using more than 1 camera might want to consider Multicam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like a frustrating issue. Since two of your projects are working fine while the other two are not, the problem might be project-specific rather than a hardware issue. Here are a few things you can try:

1. Check Project Settings: Make sure that the settings for the problematic projects are the same as those for the working ones. Sometimes, mismatched settings can cause performance issues.

2. Inspect the Clips: Ensure that all the clips in the problematic projects are properly linked to their proxies. A missing or corrupted proxy can cause loading issues.

3. Clear Cache: Clear the cache for the problematic projects. This can sometimes resolve performance issues.

4. Software Update: Ensure that your software is up to date. Sometimes, updates can fix bugs that cause performance issues.

5. Resource Allocation: Since you're using a 2023 Mac Studio with 32GB of RAM, make sure that other applications aren't consuming too many resources. Close any unnecessary programs to free up memory and processing power.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, consider reaching out to the software's support team for more specific troubleshooting advice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input. Unfortunaltely I already did all of those things before I made this post. Even uninstalled Premiere and reinstalled without preferences. Still the same thing is happening whitin 2 of the 4 projects.

I just finished the spot for one of the projects thats lagging all the time. When I copy all the usable quotes, and put them in a new sequence, the lagging stops. It's only when I go back to the spot sequence the loading icon keeps showing. The weird thing is that I can do the first step (like a cut) seamless, and then the loading icon shows every second step (cut in this example).

Very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does seem like a frustrating way to work. 

Can you share more detailed computer and video format specs, and any specific repro steps I can try and reproduce the issue and see if we can't get to the bottom of it.

Would you be able to send me a project file of one of the sequences that having that issue?

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello woutkoot,

Have you tried starting a new project and importing all elements (clips, sequences, bins, everything) from the problem project? Or even trying to import it all into (a duplicate of) one of your working projects?

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried this. Unfortunately this does not solve the problem. If I import the project, in a new or a working file, the spot sequence is still showing me the loading icon every 2 steps. The weird thing is, the other sequences are working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mac Studio 2023

Apple M2 Max

32 GB

Footage is A7siii 4k 10bit

Proxies are | frame size: full | preset: ProRes QuickTime Proxy | Next to Original Media, in Proxy folder. On a Synology NAS with 10gb ethernet connection.

I just came up with a solution. I made a new sequence within the project. Imported all the raw footage and synchronized them again. Now I can cut and move the footage without the loading icon showing. Seems to be a problem of the specific sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate