• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The infamous GPU render Error -1609629695

Engaged ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bane of many an editor. I encounter this bug at least once a day. If this happens in the middle of a render, the entire thing fails. (Thank Adobe for smart rendering, at least!)
The best workaround I've been able to come up with, is to ALWAYS render timeline previews. I use cineform, and so the final, smart render, is very fast.

Here is a long forum thread about it. This bug has been a problem for many years: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2171535

This is Unique ID 160 on my Premiere problems spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVJb7kI_ZETLavrplfARgn9gL8HUpvkq6A0jCPxqA3w/edit#gid=1133868...
Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
38 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also have that error code. I found it's GPU related, and in my case with Colorista IV plug-in. I have a preset for a transition effect with many Premiere's internal filters, and if i put Colorista at top it fails. If I put it at bottom, it works. Have also experienced same issue with Lumetri

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue with LUMETRI COLOR! Just put it at the bottom of the effects and will work!
It's worked for me al least!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue fixed in latest version (Adobe Premiere Pro 2019 13.0.1).
I'm using a 5 year old iMac running macOS Sierra.
Renderer is set to (Metal).
Had this issue for a couple years and I'm now experiencing fast and reliable renders and exports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue fixed in latest version (Adobe Premiere Pro 2019 13.0.1).
I'm using a 5 year old iMac running macOS Sierra.
Renderer is set to (Metal).
Had this issue for a couple years and I'm now experiencing fast and reliable renders and exports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

April 2019 - this error has been plaguing me and several Adobe technicians on my 32gb MSI laptop gtx 980m, trying (and failing) to render the last bit of a motion graphics template from Envato

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're in April 2019 and this ******* error is still there. No clue, no fix, only ****!!! ******* Adobe, Jesus Christ...!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amédée
I know this is no help to you, but I actually haven't encountered this bug in over a year. so I think they've been making progress in fixing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same error recently, didn't happen before

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a "many editor" and it is a bane, yes. You have settled on a work-around that is actually useful and not some random shot-in-dark solution that does not address the rendering bug that is a part of PP.

Frankly, I'm a little upset that I didn't think about it.

By rendering your previews in the same output format, then using "smart render," you can make sure all is rendered properly BEFORE output, and not fret that the output encoding will implode.

The way I'm applying plug-ins and opacity to my work, it's a 95% chance that the encoding fails on output, and I don't normally have the time to do the "software" encoding thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This GPU render Error -1609629695 issue has not been resolved in Adobe Premiere Pro 2020. This occurs when using the Metal renderer, and in my case when using the Warp Stabilizer effect.

However, switching my project renderer from Metal to Software Only before export allowed the export to finish properly in my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabled Color effects when rendering a .png image sequence to a h.264 file fixed this issue. Workaround will be to do color grading on rendered h.264 along with normal editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I literally tried everything... and the only thing that worked was removing the adjustment layer, exporting it, and then importing this exported file, and then doing the intial adjustment of lumetri color on it....

Its still stupid PP2020 has to be buggy like this... what are we paying for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm being thwarted by this error at the moment. I only started experiencing it when I updated not long ago to Nvidia driver R390 U9 (392.37) (February 22, 2019) for Quadro K620 graphics card and updated to CC 2020.

I am now on nVidia driver R450 U1 (451.48) (Release Date: 2020.6.24) and getting CUDA errors on the timeline too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, Lumetri generates that error in my projects!
also the "Offset Effect" makes my render fail...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020 and its still happening...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent few hours trying to render a simple, 3-minute sequence, with nothing but a few audio, video and jpg files. Deleted all the Lumetri color filters, still nothing. This is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve experience this issue for 5 years!!!!!!

If it can be exported with software only the it should be able to be exported with CUDA!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same error, I solved it by changing the composition settings from HDTV 1080 25 to HDV 1080. It worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED!!!!
Set your Media Export to Software, not Hardware GPU (within the Media Export dialogue)
You may or may choose 1 pass or 2 passes. I've only tested single pass.
And increase your Windows Paging file to at least 55GB -

Restart the machine

I was able to export an entire 6K 30 minute film.
And PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tyrone Steele
Switching from Hardware GPU to Software render mode doesn't solve the problem. It's a workaround, but the software render is much slower than GPU render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021 still having this issue (with an RTX 3060 ti GPU)... how exhausting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is incredible to the level of beyond explanation. How can it be that a tool that already released million of versions already is so buggy and unstable at the most important part of its product: the EXPORT.
It is really unbelievable, I simply can't work with this thing. It keeps failing on exports all the time. I succeed 1 of 5 exports and each export is 2.5 hours, so try to imaging how many times I have to start over. I change NOTHING in my project. Just export again and again and again. My hardware is working PERFECT and my disk has ZERO errors.
Someone need to sue this company on all the wasted time it caused to people.
It takes to import a project on premier around 1 week. Something similar that I do from my iPhone in 20 mins..
CRAZY. CRAZY. CRAZY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Guy bashan
TO AVOID THIS ERROR AND FULLY RENDER YOUR PROJECT,
Don't render straight off your timeline. Create render previews first.
First, click on your sequence, then go to Sequence > sequence settings.
Make sure that your video previews Width and Height are the SAME as your Video Frame size horizontal and vertical values.
Also, you may wish to use Preview File Format: GoPro Cineform (YUV 10-bit) rather than the default .mpeg.
say OK.
Now, put your In and Out points around your entire video, and select Sequence > render in to out.
Now sit back and watch it pre-render. If you hit the error again, you can just dismiss it. The rendering will stop, but you'll still keep almost everything you rendered so far. SAVE your project, and then move your IN point much closer to where the render failed. Try render in to out again. If it still gives you that error, save and restart premiere.
Keep doing this until the whole timeline has green render previews.
Now, you can smart render directly to .mov if you render with "use sequence settings" and "use previews" checked ON. It'll happen in mere minutes. Then, you'll convert that .mov file to whatever you want, using media encoder.
Alternatively, you can just turn on "use previews" and render directly to H.264 .mp4 or whatever else you like.
Keep in mind that render timeline previews can take up a lot of storage space. They live in a folder named "\Adobe Premiere Pro Video Previews"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I have to point out to my very basic, begginer knowledge. I've watched a bunch on videos on YT, read a lot of stuff regarding exporting problems, whether it's a GPU, acceleration, frame or any other error.
I've tried a bunch of things, but selectiong software only on rendering or on preview or both is a workarround, that I simply can not accept - why to buy and use expensive graphic cards if in the end you have to turn it off to be able to export.
Yesterday I found something that was letting me export 2 projects, that I couldn't export before that simple trick, so I have my fingers crossed it will work again the next time.
I have selected GPU/hardware both on project settings and in export media window - so no software! The trick is to select all files in project you want to export and copy them. Create a new sequence with same video settings, paste them and export it.
I have tried bunch of different approaches, but none of them worked in a way that I could repeat it succesfully. With other methods was just pure luck... One time did work, second time didn't. Hope it helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous. One problem, apparently thousands of people encountering it and hundreds of potential reasons. I tried changing/removing/switching on and off like 15 different potential causes found throughout dozens of pages all around the Internet, and I still can't get a simple composition of still photos rendered.

Votes

Translate

Translate