• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The infamous GPU render Error -1609629695

Engaged ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bane of many an editor. I encounter this bug at least once a day. If this happens in the middle of a render, the entire thing fails. (Thank Adobe for smart rendering, at least!)
The best workaround I've been able to come up with, is to ALWAYS render timeline previews. I use cineform, and so the final, smart render, is very fast.

Here is a long forum thread about it. This bug has been a problem for many years: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2171535

This is Unique ID 160 on my Premiere problems spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVJb7kI_ZETLavrplfARgn9gL8HUpvkq6A0jCPxqA3w/edit#gid=1133868...
Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Hi Community,

Thanks for filing these bug reports. I updated the bug's status. Please file a bug report with full details of this legacy issue. For more information, see How do I write a bug report?

There are many causes of this issue. It is usually caused by too many GPU-accelerated processes (effects, color correction, large frame sizes, scaling, encoding/decoding H.264/HEVC) overloading the GPU's capability. If you are experiencing this issue, changing your workflow (smart rendering, using

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
44 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021 Still having this error on a 2020 iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is beyond frustrating. It's unfortunate to see that this was and still is an issue after so long. I really wish it would just work reliably so I don't have to stress about my edits all the time at work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what I discovered is that there is a dropped frame in the video when I applied Video Transitions. I had 8 fails in a row and so I started watching it being processed in the Media Encoder and where it failed. I slow scrubbed in that area and a black screen would appear. I stopped in the balck frame and applied the Razor Tool and rescrubbed to make sure there was no dropped frame. Boom, it worked... at least for me and stopped the GPU fail..

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this error is killing me!

Been spending 3 bloody days on a 20 sec. vid that kept failing. First only managed to render at 480p.

Minimized the amount of comps, effects and other bells/whistles to finally get a 720p render.

Played around with GPU/nonGPU rendering and bitrate to finally randomly have it succeed at 1080p

To get it to 4K, I had to divide up the 20 secs in 4 pieces of various lengths, rendered those seperately, recombined them, again fiddled with the export settings and it finally worked!

Mod note: edited for content. Please avoid profanity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the error comes from the Adobe native exporter you could try AfterCodecs Exporter https://www.autokroma.com/AfterCodecs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens to me at least once per project. I've had it happen when there's no video on screen. Done everything under the sun to mitigate this but resigned to believe it's all down to a coin-flip. Will the gods smile down on your render, or will you be smote? Only time will tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill Luton's idea worked for me. Thank you, Bill! Perhaps the Warp Stabilizer sometimes corrupts a frame, maybe when speed or transitions are used (I had both). That corrupt frame might prevent the processing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason you're experiencing this error is due to a dropped frame. Find the frame, cut it and you will be able to render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, it's getting ridiculous. I'm not able to export from After Effects via Media Encoder anymore. I tried my luck with three different projects that all have a completely different timeline, different effects, everything. The export fails no matter what. Please, how am I supposed to work professionally with this software? Our clients don't care why we can't meet a deadline, we can't tell them "Well... The biggest software for motion graphics on the market isn't able to export your film. Sorry."

Pre-render everything takes time and disk space. Please fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really annoying! I just bought a MacBook pro for £5000 with the M3 Max chip, and I'm facing this issue which seems to have been around for years.
I have tried all the suggestions and still nothing doing.
Is there someone I can speak to directly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is primarily user to user with Support staff monitoring and some devs comments occasionally.

From long experience as a user and troubleshooting person this issue is nearly exclusively an order of processing issue.

As a practical matter, knowing what effects are used, and in what specific order, is necessary to troubleshooting this particular mess.

Post that and we can probably get you going.

A quick comment  ... Warp is a MONSTER resource hog, as are Lumetri and speedramps. Applying any two of them does often require applying say Warp, then nesting, then apply ramps or Lumetri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

I'm only using warp here. no other effects. Same issue as everyone else, for so many years. So, how long for a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue with apparently various things that set it off. Most all of them actually something fixed on that machine.

So basic troubleshooting rules apply:  OS/CPU/RAM/GPU, DPU driver, and the media used at a minimum.

You've already answered that no other affect is in use, thanks. Help us help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if my footage is 50p but I want to export to 25p? How can I smart render if footage doesn't match the sequence settings? My sequence is set to 50p and I always export 25p. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your footage is always "50p" ... and you always export to 25p ... must be in PAL lands?

I'm curious as to the why, as we all work differently. And it's fascinating. Are you doing so, so that you can slo-mo anything ... or ... ?

@Kevin-Monahan is the smart render expert around these parts, hopefully he can pop in with your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Michalis Agisilaou,

Frame rates must match precisely in order for smart rendering to take place. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

Thanks for filing these bug reports. I updated the bug's status. Please file a bug report with full details of this legacy issue. For more information, see How do I write a bug report?

There are many causes of this issue. It is usually caused by too many GPU-accelerated processes (effects, color correction, large frame sizes, scaling, encoding/decoding H.264/HEVC) overloading the GPU's capability. If you are experiencing this issue, changing your workflow (smart rendering, using editing codecs) can often solve this problem. A bit more time with project prep in the short run is usually required for long-term stability and performance.

Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if smart rendering is worth the time commitment when you have a good PC. I'm almost maxxed out with my current pc specs in terms of perfrormance. Also the GPU error in my case is caused 100% by the wrap stabilizer for some reason. I don't mind it for corporate videos that are like 3-4 minutes because i can solve the problem easily. The problem is with longer projects (30-40m) that there are multiple warp stabilizer effectrs and i need to address everyone individually when it doesn't render.

Also one last question about frame rates. After i export the 'Master file' which is the match preview sequence settings one for smart render, can i then export 25p in the media encoder h.264? Also do i always export GoPro cineform for Master file or apple pro ress?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you have to use Warp on a bunch of clips, yea, what a pain. But save your sanity ... if at all possible, don't go to export with clips with Warp applied. Get Warp analyzed, then do a render & replace to ProRes422 or something adequate for your needs. 

For a 1080 web deliverable, ProResLt would probably be entirely adequate.

That way the export doesn't have to work through the Warp effect also ... it's just creating the new media.

Your other questions ... more a matter of preference. Do them each way, see what you prefer.

Votes

Translate

Translate