• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type tool not working on the latest updates (24.1 and higher)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to the latest version of Premiere Pro, I noticed that any time I was using the type tool on my program screen, rather than type, it woudl activate a hot key if I happen to use that letter. I have since rolled back to 24.03 and do not seem to haev this issue. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what was the solution? I just tried the latest update (24.3) and the issue was still present. 

I am on a Windows 11 PC - RTX 3080ti, 64 gigs of Ram

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Investigating with Graphics team.

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to report this. We've seen some similar problems reported recently but those should be fixed in the version you're on.

Could you please provide us with a little more info about how you got into the state of editing text in the Program Monitor? For example, did you single click or click and drag with the type tool to create a text on point or a text in a box layer?

Unfortunately, there are multiple places where keyboard shortcuts could accidentally trigger with character entry, so we need to narrow down your steps as much as possible. Any details you can provide about what you did might help with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Investigating with Graphics team.

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely - thanks for responding!

It seems to be happening any time I double click inside of the text box on the program monitor to edit text that way. The only work around I found was to use the text editing window, which takes several extra steps. Normally, I am starting the process by clicking and dragging to create the text box with the text tool and then double clicking to edit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having the same issue here. Cannot add text, captions, shapes, or use pen tool to make shape. 

Votes

Translate

Translate