• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video playback problem after windows update KB5040442 (Win11)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When playing a video in PP (anywhere - on the timeline or in the source window), the image and sound are played at an accelerated pace for the first few seconds (random length), then return to normal. This problem appeared only after installing the Windows 11 KB5040442 update (cumulative update for Windows 11 version 23H2 for x64-based systems). Before installing it, PremierePro worked smoothly without any problems.
The playback problem applies even to light HD files so is not related to computer performance.

Here is a link to a video showing the problem: https://youtu.be/t2K123kkRzk
Computer: laptop ASUS TUF Gaming, Intel i7-13620H, RTX 4050, 16 GB RAM
Win 11 OS build: 22631.3880

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

I think Ann's on the right track, and I'm curious; do you have any Transmit devices enabled, in PPro? 

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you think it is the update that is causing the issue then delete this update from your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not that simple - after uninstalling, the problem does not disappear - something seems to remain in the system after all.

I've reinstalled windows several times to find the source of it - and unfortunatelly this update installs itself every time - i cannot stop or skip it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Ann's on the right track, and I'm curious; do you have any Transmit devices enabled, in PPro? 

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, but I made a mistake - this update, as it turned out, is not the reason of this, i have to find another one to find the source of it... Unfortunatelly every time i have to reinstall windows to made another trial to find the guilty update/drivers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have any transmit devices enabled, in PPro? See PPro Preferences --> Playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate