Exit

Premiere Pro Community Digest — December 2023

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Banner_2_Digest.jpg

Adobe Premiere Pro Community Digest — December 2023

Hello! Welcome back to the Premiere Pro Community Digest and Happy New Year! I hope that 2024 is a happy and healthy one for you and your family. Let's first check out what happened in the community back in December. We'll review the highlights of the month. Then, we'll move into our community content. We'll talk more about the latest version Premiere Pro 24.1 and we'll discuss the new features being discussed in Premiere Pro Beta. I've also got a video series about using LUTs in Premiere Pro in "Learn Something New" for you here, as well.

Ready, then? Let's get going!

Latest Adobe Premiere Pro Community News

Small SQ GIF_13.gifNews from the Premiere Pro community!

First, let's look back at what happened over the past month.

Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 7.35.16 PM.pngLast month, Team Adobe took a break from community events to rest and recharge over the holidays. They were also busy planning for events that are planned for the Sundance Film Festival, which is now taking place. I hope we can get a full scene report in next month's community digest. In the meantime, you can read about Adobe at Sundance in a recent article I wrote here.

Are you interested in attending a Adobe Creative Cloud Video & Audio mixer in the future? Join Adobe for industry mixers like this joining post-production pros from feature films, TV, news broadcasting, sports, social, events, ads, and more. Join peers, see live demos, ask questions, and get answers from Premiere Pro and Ater Effects experts. Community leaders and members of Team Adobe will be onhand, as well. In upcoming events, learn about the latest techniques using Adobe Video and Audio tools. Don't miss out on these inspiring meet ups!

Check out the limitless creative possibilities afforded by our Generative AI platform, Firefly, as well. Other features of the gathering include:

• Networking with Peers: Meet professionals from diverse backgrounds and expand your network in post-production.
  • Demos and Q&A with Experts: Learn from the masters behind Premiere Pro and After Effects through live demos and real-time Q&A sessions.
  • Connect with Leaders: Engage with creativity and community leaders who are making waves in the industry.
  • Sips, Snacks, and Inspiring Projects: Enjoy refreshments while exploring captivating projects that showcase post-production excellence.
  • Limited Space, Register Now: Secure your spot at Adobe's Industry Mixers by registering early. Here are registration links to the upcoming events

If you cannot attend an upcoming mixer, check out the virtual events listed below.

Coming Up!

• Adobe Live Event | What’s New In Premiere Pro, After Effects, and MORE. Watch here.
  • Video Community Online. Watch here.

Premiere Pro Team News and Blog Posts

Latest Release: Adobe Premiere Pro 24.1

New Sequence Presets!New Sequence Presets!Premiere Pro 24.1 has been out for several weeks now! Have you downloaded it from the Creative Cloud desktop application yet? Check out the documentation telling you know about all the new features. See the community post here, as well. Highlighted features of version 24.1 include the following:

Complete List of New Features in Adobe Premiere Pro 24.1

Have you posted about the new features in the community yet? If you're having any problems, let us know! Write up a new post about your issue so that the community can assist you. If you have a bug to report or any problems with the features, kindly do that on our Bugs forum.

Premiere Pro Team Blogs

Here are a few links to blog posts by Team Adobe that may be of interest to editors and filmmakers in the Premiere Pro community.

“Daniel” editors use Adobe Creative Cloud tools to edit thousands of hours of footage for film

Image Source: HBOImage Source: HBO

Take a look at the following blog posts:

What's new in Premiere Pro Beta?

Small SQ GIF_08.gifPremiere Pro Beta

Team Adobe has also announced the reveal of Premiere Pro Beta (24.3), which includes significant improvments to audio workflow, like Enhance Speech, interactive fade handles, AI-powered audio tagging and badges, redesigned FX clip badges, and New clip colors and waveform design.

View other recent discussions on the Premiere Beta forum.

You can also upvote features or file bugs in the Premiere Pro Beta there.
Premiere Pro Beta documentation is here

Troubleshooting

Small SQ GIF_12.gifTop troubleshooting articles

Are there issues with any of your projects? Check the list of known issues to see if the issue is known. Here are some of the current known issues for 24.1.

Known Issue: Loading a large number of plug-ins takes a long time (only macOS)

Issue: While loading a large number of plugins for the first time during startup, the application may seem to be non-responsive while initial loading is in progress.

Workaround: Avoid aborting the application during this process because it will require those plugins to re-initialize again during launch. Clearing the plug-in cache will also require the initialization of the plugins. We are looking at ways to optimize this process in future versions.

Known Issue: Adobe video apps fail to launch on macOS Sonoma (version 14), and the following error message is displayed: Adobe Premiere Pro 2024 is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash

Issue: This issue affects all versions of Adobe apps and isn't related to the new 2024 version update, so downgrading to 2023 versions will not resolve the issue. While Sonoma users are more likely to get this error, it may also appear if you use a previous macOS version.

Workaround: Install the app without third-party components.

Known Issue: Adobe video and audio products no longer support Rosetta.

Issue: Starting with version 24.0, Adobe video and audio products no longer support Rosetta emulation (Intel versions running on Apple M1/M2).  Please be aware that the Creative Cloud desktop still shows the Rosetta option on M1/M2 machines, but this will still launch the native Apple Silicon version. Intel versions can only be run on Mac Intel machines.

The Open using Rosetta option is no longer available in the Get Info window.

Workaround: There is no workaround for this issue.

Known Issue:. Overlays via Transmit do not work correctly during playback.

Issue: When the transmit overlays are enabled via the Enable overlays with Transmit and Enable overlays during playback settings (Wrench menu in Program monitor), the Transmit monitor might not display the video content correctly.

Workaround: Turn off Enable overlays with Transmit to display the frames correctly. A partial workaround would be to use the metadata effect to display a subset of the overlay information.

Known Issue: Poor playback performance in Macintosh M2 Studio or Mac Pro with multiple monitors.

Issue: A customer with a Macintosh M2 Studio or Mac Pro with multiple monitors may experience poor playback performance.

Workaround: Enable Displays have separate Spaces in macOS System Settings > Desktop & Dock. Apple and Adobe are working on a permanent fix for this issue.

Prevent Known Crash Issues:

• On macOS versions before 13 (Ventura), Premiere Pro crashes at startup: The first time Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Media Encoder are launched after installing on older macOS operating systems (earlier than macOS 13 Ventura), a message stating Display surface initialization failed is presented, and the application then crashes. This failure will not happen again in subsequent launches of each application. Apple resolved this issue in macOS 13.
  • Windows: We recommend that Windows users download and use NVIDIA drivers (version 531.41 or higher). This will resolve any crashing issues that December have been present with older drivers. For more information, see the NVIDIA documentation.

If you need assistance addressing any of these known issues, please create a new post. The community will assist you.

Troubleshooting using "Safe Mode": You can now press any key on launch to perform key troubleshooting steps from the new Reset Options dialog box (sometimes referred to as "Safe Mode"), like resetting preferences, removing media cache, reset plug-in loading cache, and temporarily disabling third-party plug-ins. It's a great first step in triaging your own issues related to Premiere Pro.

Bug fixes in the release are listed here. Thanks to the team, who provided an extensive list of those issues that are fixed.

Featured Adobe Community Expert

Myra Ferguson - Adobe Community ExpertMyra Ferguson - Adobe Community ExpertOur featured Adobe Community Expert for digital video and audio this month is Myra Ferguson. here on the forums, stacking up 3,874 community posts. Thank you so much, Myra! I asked Myra to share some things about herself and she wrote this:

"When I was little, my dad purchased the first console gaming system, the Magnavox Odyssey. The graphics for the games were printed on sheets that were held in place by the TV screen’s static electricity. It didn’t matter that the games were simplistic. I was captivated. Later, I saved up money to buy an Atari 2600 (which I still have!). I enjoyed the games, but I wished for the graphics to look like the ones on the game boxes. 

My first favorite movies were Close Encounters and Star Wars, especially for how the effects looked. TV options were more limited. If I couldn’t find something to watch, I flipped channels–intentionally to watch the commercials. Print ads and billboards also caught my attention.

In college, I discovered that the thread running through these varied interests was visual media. That interest combined with my affinity for writing led me to study Advertising at the University of Missouri School of Journalism. Having a proclivity for working with computers, I found myself often in the computer lab working on projects for fun. Then I got a Masters in Digital Media where I expanded into 2D and 3D art and animation and interactivity.

Although my interests had a general direction, I wasn’t satisfied settling for one specific area. It’s the same with Adobe products. I may have used Illustrator 88 and Photoshop since its first version and After Effects when it was a CoSA product, but every time there’s a new Adobe app, a new feature in a different app, or a new service, I can’t wait to try it out and see how I can add it to my repertoire.

In the early 2000s, I had the opportunity to learn more applications as a Macromedia User Group Manager in Columbia, Missouri. When Adobe acquired Macromedia, the User Group became an Adobe User Group. I shared Adobe tips and techniques with the group for ten years until I moved to Colorado. Then I started a group in Boulder and later combined it with the one in Denver. 

As an Adobe Community Expert, I speak at events and answer questions on multiple Adobe Support Communities such as Premiere Pro, Premiere Rush, After Effects, Animate, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Express, and Firefly.

For most of my career, I’ve been an independent contractor and have had the pleasure of working on a wide range of projects using various Adobe applications. Most notably, in 2017, I wrote How to Cheat in Adobe Animate CC: The Art and Design of Animation. I later authored online courses for Pluralsight for Illustrator and Photoshop.

Now my time is divided between authoring and reviewing Skill Assessments for LinkedIn for Photoshop, Illustrator, Animate, and After Effects; various projects for Adobe; providing support and creating video training for in5, a plugin for InDesign; and teaching part-time at the University of Colorado Boulder where I get to teach students multiple Adobe applications throughout the semester. 

I spend my spare time playing mainly Beat Saber and Walkabout Mini Golf on my Oculus Quest 2.

I would encourage all Adobe users to stay curious, discover through play, and keep learning."

We appreciate your help on forums throughout the Adobe community, Myra. If Myra has ever assisted you, please send her a note of thanks. To contact Myra, click here.

Learn Something New

Small SQ GIF_09.gifRecommended how-to content

Here are some great "How To" technique threads, videos, and other tidbits you might find interesting. Please let me know if you have a handy tutorial or technique to share with the community.

Understanding LUTs in Adobe Premiere Pro (Part 1)

Adobe Video & Motion

How to use LUTs in Premiere Pro with Sam Newton (Part 2)

Adobe Video & Motion

How to Master Color Grading With Creative LUTs in Adobe Premiere Pro (Part 3)

Adobe Video & Motion

best-practices-cover.png.img.png

For reference: The Premiere Pro Best Practices Guide for TV and Episodic Post-Production, a bible of sorts for pro editors, can be downloaded here: https://adobe.ly/PremiereProGuide.

Handy Links

Small SQ GIF_11.gifNew 24.1 Features (in brief)

Complete documentation for Premiere Pro 24.1 (complete set of features)

Fixed Issues
Known Issues

Past Community Digests

Small SQ GIF_14.gifPrevious Monthly Digests

Last month's digest: Premiere Pro Community Digest — November 2023

See the Premiere Pro Community Digest Home Page to see digests from 2020 to present.

Thanks for reading the month's digest. We hope to see you again next month.

Newsletters for other Adobe Applications

After EffectsPhotoshop | Lightroom | Lightroom Classic | InDesign

Premiere Pro Community Digest — December 2023

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines