• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE glitches out of composition when I click on effect in effects panel

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I apply an effect to a layer and then go to the effects panel to modify parameters of said effect, AE glitches to a different layer as soon as I touch the effect and often even jumps out of the composition to a layer in another composition if I have multiple compositions in the project. I always have to watch carefully if the selected layer is the one showing in the effects panel. The only way I can manage to modify the effects is if I lock the effects panel to the selected layer. As soon as I unlock the effects panel again it glitches to another layer and composition. It's extremely time consuming. Please help. 

1. AE version 24.1.0

2. Windows 11 Pro 23H2

3. Click on effect in effects panel

4. Expect to be able to modify parameter of effect, instead it glitches to a different effect on a different layer

Bug Started
TOPICS
UI and UX , Workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Hi all,

Thank you again for your patience with this issue. There is a potential fix now available in the latest builds of After Effects (Beta), 24.6.0.36. Please give that build a try when you can and let us know if you continue to see the Effect Controls showing the wrong layer in projects where you've experienced this issue.

Thanks again,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
50 Comments
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening in lastest AE update. I use Windows 11 at home and am on Mac OS at work, only seems to happen on Windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening on version 24.3.0 (Build 50) on Windows 10. I wasn't even able to adjust one particular layer's effects at all until restarting AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am confirm that this issues is still happening as the other contributers on this forum have attested to. Adobe, please come out with a patch for this issues as it makes working extremely difficult. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that you're still getting the issue in the latest version.

Do you mind sharing a screen recording so that we can understand it better? Are there any third-party plug-ins installed? Are you able to reproduce it on a new project?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not fixed the issue is still there in 24.3.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening in 24.3 for me as well. Looks like I'm back to 2023 AE... Fresh install. Happens when I drag an effect onto a layer or when I click into the effects controls window. Jumps me into a pre-comp. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Erik Patak@Image Republic,

If possible, share a screen recording of the issue. Also, try running After Effects in Safe Mode with the third-party plug-ins disabled. Here's how: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/how-to-troubleshoot-startup-issues-in-after... 

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the upgrade did not fix this problem for me. it seems to crop up after working for a while. a full reboot of my machine sometimes fixes it temporarily but it comes back. I can not find any pattern as to when it decides to happen other than its more common in large projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have macOS Ventura (haven't updated to Sonoma yet, maybe I should...) and AE 24.3 downloaded and this bug is still coming up from time to time. 

Just wanted to let you know.

-Kira

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Still happening in 24.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Thank you for letting us know this is still occurring for you in 24.3 and 24.4. We have been able to reproduce it in those versions as well and are now investigating a second fix.

Thanks again,

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pls! this is actually crashing my projects and work. Downgrading to a different version transmits the error. it is as if the project is corrupted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE 24.4.4 I have same issue, bug not fixing, could you please fix it, because it really take damege for my workflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same today, even with the latest version 24.41 if I'm not wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys please! This issue has persisted for far over a year and it's one of the most annoying bugs to have right now. Screen recordings were shared and the devs have been able to reproduce it. Can you please provide an update on this issue? It's terrible to work with, especially with that price tag Adobe puts on products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i click on a layer, the effect control panel is there, but does not display anything. It only displays the title of a random layer that is not even selected. I have tried locking and unlocking it, but playing around with it doesn't seem to do anything. It seems that I can only open and adjust layers that aren't selected in the effect controls panel. 

SOME TIMES, the correct layer name of my selected layer is displayed, but there are no controls that I can view at all in the effect controls panel. The panel itself appears to be blank. 

I tried updating and then reinstalling the app, but no changes. This issue has been persisting for a few hours. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening for me too. I just updated to 24.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if we're gonna be your bugtesters, you should be paying us, not the other way around.
CS6 was WAY more stable, and you didn't have users to bugtest for you guys. There's a reason I still default to it. At this point I'm starting to feel really bad for the devs. I would despise being made to upkeep such a mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest version of AE this problem seems to be getting even worse. Now it happens with sometimes nothing more than a scroll up/down or clicking "File" in the menu-bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this still not fixed, makes it impossible to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still persisting please fix it already its so annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the bug as well. It makes it so hard to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Thank you again for your patience with this issue. There is a potential fix now available in the latest builds of After Effects (Beta), 24.6.0.36. Please give that build a try when you can and let us know if you continue to see the Effect Controls showing the wrong layer in projects where you've experienced this issue.

Thanks again,

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed an intermittent but extremely annoying bug that seems to have crept into the last few version of AE, whereby the effect controls panel will sometimes fail to update to show the currently selected layer.. When you click on a layer with an effect on, it briefly updates then immediate reverts to referencing another previously selected layer in another comp.  This is a very annoying bug and sometimes it cause the AE UI to get stuck in a loop jumping constantly between two layer references, like two different processes are trying to acccess the same window component.  It's hard to reproduce as it seems to happen randomly every now and again for me, but it's annoying enough that I wanted to report it!  The only fix right now is to click on the effects control panel top, and it will open up the comp that had the layer its referencing. Then if you close that, it seems to fix the issue temporarily.  I hope that the team can identify this issue!  I've attached a screen recording showing the issue.   This is on an intel iMac with MacOS 14.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @dsol21,

Thank you for reporting this issue. There is a potential fix for this issue in the latest public Beta build of After Effects (available in the Beta section of the Creative Cloud app). If you can, please give the Beta build a try with your project(s) and let us know if you continue to experience this issue.

This bug was previously reported, so I will merge your report into another thread.

Thanks again,

Votes

Translate

Translate