• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange cropped/repeated edge when exported in media encoder

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason media encoder changes the position and repeats a section of my composition when exporting.

After effects Preview

Matorototo_0-1687518101148.png

Media encoder output

Matorototo_1-1687518143277.png

This issue occured when I tired to render the composition in Quicktime Format. It affects the output of the video, and when I try to switch back to H.264, the updated position+repeated edge persist.

I managed to replicate this exact issue with a totally different composition using the same steps which makes me think its a media encoder issue.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Please make sure you are running the same version of AE and Premiere. There was an issue in 23.4/23.5/23.6 that caused a break between different versions of the apps. 

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 3 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Yes, we investigated internally and the problem is that a change was made to the size of a structure used for communicating between applications with Dynamic Link on Windows in the 23.5 release without also bumping the protocol version. So any app with a 23.5 version sending frames to an earlier 23.x build will hit this issue.

I'm actually on the Character Animator team, so the first report I saw was between the latest Character Animator build (we haven't needed an update since 23.1) and the late

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

You can actually fix this by just making sure both After Effects and Media Encoder are on same version (e.g. 23.5). @dtull-adobe described above the technical reason, but the simple answer is to just make sure AE and AME are both on 23.5. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Please make sure media encoder and after effects are both running 23.6. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 105 Replies 105
105 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen a few mentions of hardware acceleration being involved here, but the only bug I've been able to confirm is solely based on which versions of the software you use together. There may be a separate bug that is specific to hardware acceleration, but I haven't seen that confirmed empirically anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm running both 23.5 AE and media encoder, and still having the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know.. here's an idea... why not make it known that unless you update both AE and ME you are likely to break the workflow and cause hours of problems. Like post it somewhere obvious.. boot screen of AE perhaps? So we can spend less hours of our day looking for workarounds for your endless list of bugs? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to lock this thread now. The information is posted in the answer above in how to fix this. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All

Experiencing a strange issue where AE is displaying a character animator composition kind of wrapped round... as if one edge is cut off and moved over to the other side.

Screenshot 2023-08-07 165652.pngScreenshot 2023-08-07 165753.pngScreenshot 2023-08-07 165826.png

Hopefully the images better explain the issue. Its that section on the right of the image should be over on the other side.

I have made sure that I have updated all versions of Adobe apps. It has happened to me on other apps also, e.g. in premiere pro, and sometimes when everything is fine in PP I have then gone on to render in media encoder and the odd wrapped around effect has been rendered into the video.

Grateful for any help.

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrade yo AE 23.4. It's a known bug.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having issues with my new Adobe After effects software update 23.5. When I export a video it chops my video funny. I was told at first to uninstall my software and go to a previous version but in my previous version it says nothing is compatible in it. I am at a loss and need help because I have multiple projects I can't finish. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?? I have a picture attached below to show what it happening everytime I export a video. Thank you in advance!

IMG-1436.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your output format and settings?

What is your Comp resolution?

It could be you are attempting to export to a pixel dimension not supported by your chosen format/settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another fix that has started rolling out and should be fully available August 10: upgrade all the apps involved to version 23.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem exporting all my proyects in AE, because AE automatically change the position of my video. Anyone knows hot to fix it?Captura de pantalla 2023-08-09 105004.pngCaptura de pantalla 2023-08-09 105025.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrade to AE 23.4. It's a known bug.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known bug with a specific build. Roll back a build or update to fix the problem. Use the Creative Cloud app to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello I'm architeture contents creator in Korea

recently i try to make short video for posting in my Instagram

but when i finshed my work than i render but that result has problem.

I used 1080 x 1980 farme it was okay but result screen is little wired some screen over and screen seems to pushed out and lillte over

I don't know how i fix this bug over issue please let me know

제목 없음.png

how to fix this problem

2ea42191-c4e7-4c55-8e6b-4d5e0ba2e98a.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media encoder 23.6 (62) Slips the image sideways when exporting. All presets gets the same treatment.

Se image

Win 10

After effects 2023 third latest update but AE exports fine with render que.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make sure media encoder and after effects are both running 23.6. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export my file with after effects the video is cut off on one side. Missing pixels appear on the opposite side. It happens in any format and resolution when I send my file to the Media Encoder queue from After Effects but don't with Premiere. I add image.

error exportación after y media encoder.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug. You need to upgrade to AE 23.6.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello Friends I need your help with my after effect,  when I go back to premier pro after replace with ae composition, the alignment position of the video changed. i cant reposition it on premier pro. please help.

error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update AE to v. 23.6 and Premiere as well. It's a known bug and the update fixes it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am building a MOGRT in AE for Prem. I am having an issue where the alignment of the MOGRT offsets, once it is in the premiere timeline, and I am not sure why.

The AE project is perfectly fine, but when in prem it is all off-centre. I have added a grid as an example to show the issue. I have opened the MOGRT in AE directly, and there is no issues with the alignment or the MOGRT in general

I have tried using a fresh project, fresh composition, new mogrt, new premiere project, but nothing seems to be working correctly. I have even been through the project deleting assets to see what caused it and nothing.

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

christ12274520_0-1709822828254.png

christ12274520_1-1709822844995.png

I am using AE 2023, and this is the first time I have had this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since there is content outside the comp, this could be an issue with effects referencing a wrong layer boundary or such. I'd check that and in case of doubt pre-compose where possible.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @christ12274520 ,

Sorry you're running into issues, that's super annoying. Can you please DM me the mogrt, it will help me figure out what's happening.

Can you also tell me the following:

• Adobe After Effects version number used to create the mogrt

• Premiere Pro version number

• Operating system and version number

• Where are you exporting your mogrt to? (Local Templates Folder, a folder, cloud location, or a library)

• Where is the asset that keeps offsetting located? (on disk, cloud location, etc)

Thanks!
Theresa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes sure.

I'll send you the MOGRT.

I am on 23.4 for AE, and 23.5 for PP.

The MOGRT is exported to a local folder, and then loaded into premiere from the same folder. Both are next to the source project.

We have been working with MOGRTs for a while now, and this is the first time I have had this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating this thread with the solution. There was a breakage of AE 23.4 and Pr 23.5 talking to each other when it came to Dynamic Link. This is fixed by

• Updating AE to 23.5 and re-authoring mogrts
  • Updating Pr to 24.x to use the current mogrts
  • Removing anything in AE that causes Dynamic Link (like 3rd party effects, renderers other than Classic 3D, etc) to stay on the current versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per @Theresa Rostek, marking this issue as Fixed.

- John, After Effects Engineering Team  

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate