• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AERender Error -1701

Explorer ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm getting an error that I can't seem to find any info on.

Specifially, when running aerender int he terminal, i'll get this:

aerender ERROR -1701: AEGetParamPt failed at line 918

The only clue I've come across is somethign to do with Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit, which is deprecated and no longer even downloadable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

_

G

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Hi all,

UPDATE: The After Effects team has put a fix for the aerender bug in the latest After Effects Beta, version 22.0.0 (Build 87).

Rameez_Khan_0-1631208961082.png

Please note that the fix is applicable to macOS Catalina 10.15.7 and Big Sur only. It would be great if you can test the bug-fix and let us know if aerender works for you. Due to the complexity of the bug, you might run into issues here and there. If you do, please let us know.

Thank you all for your patience on this. 🙏🏻

Best,

Rameez

After Effects Commun

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tordenver,

I hope Rameez_Khan is keeping the pressure on the Adobe-Apple team to find a solution!

For sure, I'm. 🙂

obio773188 has linked to a comment by an After Effects Engineering Manager (in the Beta community) that provides more technical details about the issue.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tordenver if you are just on catalina then the fix is easy.  It's the latest security update that caused the issue for Catalina so you can just boot up in recovery mode and re-install macos Catalina again on your man drive and this will basically revert back to 10.15.7 without the security update... then just don't install that security update.  That's how I had to do it for all our render nodes.  (It doesn't erase any apps or user stuff). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SequenceGroup hi does this work on aac with a T2 chip like an iMac pro? I accidentally installed the Catalina security update. Are you able to provide some instructions? I'd really appreciate it 🙂 do I hold down command -r on boot? I don't wanna restore from time machine ideally. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SequenceGroup *on a Mac with a T2 chip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took the plunge and did this. Held down cmd-R, reinstalled Catalina and everything is working. RenderGarden working again now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

obio773188_0-1629646589570.png

Here's what we know:

* The issue occurs on MacOS only, and on newer OS releases that have received recent security updates from Apple. 

* The security update changes means we need to alter the structure of aerender and how it starts up aerendercore on Mac to render the frames. 

* We have two possible solutions, both of which we are in development on. One may get aerender working sooner but it's got the potential to break again in the future, and so the other is a longer-term fix but may have implications about how aerender is executed which we are working through.

We hope to have at least one of those fixes in place in the next few weeks. We are working with Apple closely to understand their changes to make sure we get this right. More updates as soon as we have them. Thank you for your patience!

Thanks,

Sean

By @jenkmeister

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-beta/multi-frame-rendering-is-here-aka-the-multithreadi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates? I can no longer use RenderGarden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us again a little hint on how long it might take you to fix the issue. If it holds on i will need to get in running with downpatch somehow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

UPDATE: The After Effects team has put a fix for the aerender bug in the latest After Effects Beta, version 22.0.0 (Build 87).

Rameez_Khan_0-1631208961082.png

Please note that the fix is applicable to macOS Catalina 10.15.7 and Big Sur only. It would be great if you can test the bug-fix and let us know if aerender works for you. Due to the complexity of the bug, you might run into issues here and there. If you do, please let us know.

Thank you all for your patience on this. 🙏🏻

Best,

Rameez

After Effects Community Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for the update! If the bugfix is implemented into the non Beta Version, will it still be running in Mac OS Mojave? (10.14.6)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

defaultyyfcy26lg8tb, I'll have to check that with the After Effects team.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, defaultyyfcy26lg8tb.

UPDATE: I chatted with an engineering manager on the After Effects team about this. From what I understood, the bug-fix should theoratically work on Mojave but the AE version that will contain this fix won't be compatible with Mojave. Sorry about that! 

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rameez,

we have just tried it on two machines. Without the latest Beta both throw the 1701 error, now after the update either
A: It starts with "PROGRESS: Launching After Effects..." and after a few seconds finishes without doing anything.
B: Just gets stuck in "PROGRESS: Launching After Effects..." (The comp should just take a second to render)

Kind regards Hendrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hendrik,

Thanks for letting me know. I've shared this with the team.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, Big Sur 11.5.2:

/Applications/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ \(Beta\)/aerender -v -project /Users/s/Temp/Gfx/Ae_default/Boxes-v01.aep
aerender version 22.0x87
PROGRESS: Launching After Effects...

hangs a short while, then nothing...

Attempted with the -reuse flag also on an open instance of the project.

Btw are there any specific settings we need to ensure for ae/aerender in the Security & Privacy Prefs? (Accessibility, Full Disk Access, Files and Folders...?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey obio773188,

Thanks for reporting back. I've shared this with the team.

The -reuse flag on Mac has gone away, so that will not help.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah good to know about that flag, thx.

The issue for me got solved once the Allow Scripts to Write Files and Access Network option was turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rameez! Its working for me on latest Big Sur. Yeah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me too, multiframe rendering off. Works like usually, good job 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great.

Thanks for letting me know, Matt Silverman, and Michal5E48.

-Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rameez,

Just to confirm this works for me on Catalina 10.15.7 (release 19H1323) and the latest AE beta (22.0.0 Build 94). I am using aerender triggered via the nexrender library for Node, and it works fine there.

Do you have an idea of when these fixes will be put into the latest stable version of After Effects?

Many thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

As far as I know, the fix would go live in the next stable version of After Effects. Sorry, I don't know when that version is going to be released. All I know is that it's coming soon! 

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rameez,

This is encouraging progress! I'm able to get renders working again on Big Sur 11.5.2 with this beta release, after making sure "Allow Scripts to Write Files and Access Network" is checked. Is there any way that we could pre-approve that from the command line, or with a plist or configuration profile from an enterprise management solution? We manage a growing After Effects renderfarm and having to manually open After Effects and check that checkbox on all of our render nodes is not a very admin-friendly workflow.

Thanks!

Kris Landes

Senior Systems Engineer @ Pixar Animation Studios

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kris,

Let me get in touch with someone on the After Effects team and see if this is possible. Give me some time and I'll get back to you.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE (Beta) 22.1.0 (Build 46)

macOS Big Sur 11.6

Mac Pro (2019)

I've just tested the latest version of Mekajiki's RenderGarden with the lateset build of AE (Beta) and the most recently updated macOS Big Sur.

AERender fired up really quickly and render was super speedy. Worked like a charm.

I'm going to keep using it on a few projects I have that vary in complexity. Hopefully I don't get any errors!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines