Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects menu bar and mouse right click not working [macOS Monterey]

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!
After i upadeted my macbook pro m1 to macos Monterrey my after affects stop working good.

Screenshot 2021-11-02 at 6.03.39 PM.png

 

This menu bar not working correctly when i try click on file, edit, compisition etc. I have to pess and hold the left mouse click to open the menu but it still not work correct.

Beside it, when i do right mouse click on for example composition menu - it doesnt work. Nothing happens when i do right clock. Its not open. 

please,help me.

p.s. i have macos monterrey 12.0.1
and all i said about doesnt working on AE 22 and old versrions too.

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Hi all,

My apologies that you're experiencing this bug. Thank you for reporting this and sharing workarounds.

The After Effects team is working on this. I'll share an update as soon as the bug is fixed.

Meanwhile, I'm posting all the workarounds in this post so that it's easier for the community to follow them without having to go through all the comments.

Workaround 1: Open the project file in Finder (not from After Effects)

Workaround 2: Click the “Learn" workspace preset

Screenshot at Feb 10 15-43-32.png

Workaround 3: Unpl

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPD:

When i finished my post about AE troubles i opened the AE and it start working correct again. Its good news but the troubles i told about will come again and again when i restart my Mac. It fixed itself. But i want to figure out what is the problem. I cant wait every time when it will be fix itself. Please, explain me the problem and its solution maube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrey,

Sorry for your issue.

If it doesn't help, I'd suggest testing with a different mouse.
Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither has any effect on the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this on a different thread. It works, but still not ideal, as you can't just open AE and get the menu working.

"Adobe support suggested I open a different project from the finder. In the new project, menu behaviour was normal. Next, start a new project and import the problem project into it. No explanation other than it is a "project-specific error."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I deleted my preferences last night and this temporarily solved the issue. Now it's back again. It's not feasible to keep deleting my preferences. What's the solution here? I'm using an in built mac track pad, not a mouse. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this, but no success. I uninstalled and reinstalled the new version of AE & ME. I also installed and tried older versions but this didn't do anything. I reset the preferences, as well as trying anything else I could find on youtube and forums, but I still cannot get the menu to work properly.

I just want to be to export, but because of this bug I am unable to go to the "export to ME" or "export in AE" option. Been having this problem for a week now, and it seems as if this is an issue many are having with this new release of the software. Appreciate any help I can get as there is a deadline coming up just around the corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too. Hey Adobe, why does it take ver a month to respond to 5 users who have an issue that makes After Effects unuseable? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue with the latest update of AE...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, see my video here. AE 2022 cannot be used at all. I have to use 18.4.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same issue with AE2022 and AE2021. I cannot do the work I'm being paid to do. 
@nishu_kush 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We appreciate you mentioning it here. Are you also using macOS 12.0.1?

Did you try resetting the preferences as suggested by my colleague?

Let us know.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding, yes I am also using MacOS 12.0.1 (Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2015). 

I tried resetting the prefs and also doing the "clean boot" by holding the key combination while the app is starting, to no avail. I have also tried unistalling and re-installing.

I would like to point out my colleage is also using MacOS 12.0.1 but isn't experiencing this problem. Which is very confusing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on Monterey 12.0.1 on Mac mini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem with After Effect 2021. Top Menu Bar Function is not working. I can't Save, Import, Export. 

I've cleared my Preferances, Re-Installed each (22) new version on the list, and also the (21) older versions offered with the same result.

Is there a patch, to get this app back in track? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.  AE 22.1.1 macOS 12.1

If I click on the tool bar, the menu drop down doesn't show up but if I click somewhere in where it *would have been* then that thing will happen.  Still can't right click on anything though.  Then sometimes fo rno reason it'll start working again.  This is extremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get it to work when I closed my True Layer Duplicator plugin window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, got a new MacBook and after effects was working fine up until yesterday, ive reset my preferences, reinstalled after effects, tried using after effects beta even though I can't use my plugins with it, someone from adobe please help because I have deadlines and at this rate I doubt my project will be finished by then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Completely buggy. On a deadline and it is f***ed. I am going back to 2021 to try that.

Running an M1 Mac Mini with 1tb drive and 16Gb mem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - here is the current status of this problem. 

It has not ended on a 'happy note'

Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 12.49.53.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: it works when I unplug my second monitor. This is a terrible fix but for emergency's sake this seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i kid you not!

i had the same problem... hoping that the adobe gods were in my favor. No no No! tried everything, restarts software/computer.

And then! found a solution what works everytime.

when in Finder. Double click on your project file. (so open the file in Finder) Boom!

For me, that worked, so thanks for nothing adobe and i truly hope that it works for you guys... i know how frustrating it is.

------

Short version: open project file in finder (not from after effects)

------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hahaha. That's hilarious! 

Well done. Will give it a go. Are you running dual monitors btw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes 😉

it works everytime... just checked it again 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines