• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove the 2GB per frame internal memory limit

Enthusiast ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of us professional AE users have machines with quite a lot of RAM these days - mine has 128GB. It is really frustrating when I'm trying to render something, and AE fails due to the 2GB per frame internal memory limit. Using Power Pin in a 32-bit 4K comp will often give this error.

Why does this limit still exist? I know 2GB per frame is a lot of data, but in 2023 we are working on machines that can handle that easily.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.  8k is becoming more commonplace and workstations come with 128gb of RAM.  Please remove these arbitrary internal memory limits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why RAM preview is the only option when almost all drives are fast enough these days. I don't think Adobe knows what year it is half the time 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Sterphy Not sure what you mean by RAM Preview + drives...If I want to preview a comp, I can set it to use one of my drives if I want (Prefs > Media & Disk Cache > Enable Disk Cache) instead of (well, in addition to) just using the RAM. But this isn't really anything to do with the issue I'm talking about here. The RAM preview simply plays back the cached frames. I'm talking about the process of rendering those frames in the first place, and AE complains if that calculation takes up more than 2GB per frame. I certainly wouldn't want AE to cache any of this calculation to a drive - not that anyone would ever consider doing that because it would slow things to a crawl and be totally unnecessary when I have 128GB RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate