Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bin in Project panel

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
It would be very useful and necessary to have the possibility to create Bins in the audition Project panel. There are sessions with many files. Having the option to create bins as in Premiere or After Effects would be more ordered.
Thank you
Idea No status
TOPICS
User experience and interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 107 Replies 107
107 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"and not just all jumbled together into one single area"
Yup, you can have multiple shortcuts in the Media Browser also, they just point to folders on your hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt, that's great to know, thanks (about the shortcuts). But again, the difference here is visual organization.
And not only that, I was expecting the whole program set-up to mirror what I was already used to in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt, sorry that's just not what people are requesting on this thread. The Media Browser simply does not provide for organisation of files imported in into an Audition project. As sound editors / mixers we want to be able to visually organize resources in ways which suit us - as is possible using bins in pretty much any video editing software, including Adobe's own Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt, as an example. If I'm cutting a project with several scenes, for example, I wish to organize the assets on a scene by scene basis.

Or perhaps if I'm designing sound for something and I want to organize the sounds by category. I should not have to constantly browse through my entire massive library to find certain types of sounds.

It's far more efficient to organize it in the software and session. It'd be like having no organization in Premiere for video projects.

My audition sessions can and do get massive with 100s of FX. It would be greatly beneficial to have an in-software organization system versus a Project panel with 100s of files dumped into it. It makes the Project panel almost useless.

I appreciate your suggested work around. This may satisfy some people, but I'm blown away that this has still not been added to Audition, considering the huge amount of interest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Matt, sorry that's just not what people are requesting on this thread." I understand. I was trying to point out little known features that already exist is all. Trying to help while we work on implementing proper support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to see this feature is in a beta testing phase! Can't wait for implementation!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Durin G great, folders/bins is on the way ... thanks ... and now ... MIDI please 🙂 ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool. Looking forward to bins. Working more with podcasts now, with files coming from interviews, studio recordings, music, etc, it's very exciting this is finally coming. It's always seemed weird it wasn't there to being with, but I'm glad it's on its way nonetheless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love to see generic systematics back in files and folder structures between the growing numb er of different file systems. The Google Drive sync works perfect on a windows 10 machine. Would love to see the file structure stored on the machine be accesable in Adobe audition. So I different file systems from explorer, adobe creative cloud explorer, onedrive, Google Drive.

And in future might include cloud storage on Blobstorage accounts ?

Its going to be so many different filesystems its hard to keep up.
Passion to perform helping clients to succeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I digitize vinyl and add to session CD-rip tracks and older vinyl rips for sound comparison. I end up with 60 files with exactly the same names all dumped together in a giant list, and there can be other session files floating in the middle of it. It's not very convenient to work with to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be amazing! Something like the folders for the different layers in Adobe Illustrator 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's about to be 2021 and Folders still aren't available in the beta (from what I can tell).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that would be amazing! looking forward to this being a reality!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Durin G, looking forward to this. I'm still avoiding Audition for this very reason - doing all my podcasts in Premiere. I work with both video and audio professionally, and without the means to organize the many files in Audition, it just hasn't made sense to make the move. Yet. Hope this works out - seems like a simple fix, but I'm sure it's anything but.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, just tossing this in so I can get a notification at some point. I'm now 210 episodes into a podcast which I started with Audition and kept with because folders were 'incoming'. Now I'm really at the point where I need to get folders or make a switch to another editor so I don't hit 400 with 25 assets per. I've kept everything light and built my workflow around this but...it's starting to become a huge problem. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! this is much welcomed, and much overdue, but better late than never. Looking forward to its release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, accidentally hit Durin's 1/20/2021 comment with "Flag idea as inappropriate"...

Looking forward to more consistency across Audition & Premier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Audition needs to have folders. Why is this not a priority and how do we as a community get the attention of developers to make it a priority? There is no excuse not to have this basic functionally.

I downloaded the beta of AA 14.1.0.25 with the hope of file organization capabilities at the trade off of software stability. But sadly no such functionality exists. When will it come? This has been a talked about problem for YEARS.

Take a look at the comments and acknowledge there is a problem and that problem is putting your users in difficult situations. And these are paying subscribers.

Would I have better luck trying to develop trying to solve this by developing my own extension though exchange marketplace? Should I fill out another NPS survey? I'm disappointed this community request has not been taken seriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just how broken is the core code that folder/asset management is a such a huge operation that it requires tearing the code apart and doing a complete re-write? After the length of time this has gone without being addressed I can only assume that it is something like that..

Or, is this a human engineering problem, where nobody on the development team gives a hoot?
Seriously, have any of the developers used software meant for handling assets (of any size project) because this should have been fixed in the first introductory iteration. That it has gone on this long reminds me of the "infrastructure week" nonsense from the last administration. It was a not funny, running joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Please just imagine a facepalm emoji)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's why I have stopped using Audition.
Until a file management system exists the app is unusable for any but the most basic users.
Such a BASIC request. That team should be fired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Durin G, any update on the folders/bins feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think about the computer. When the first models came on the market. What was one of the most basic, required functions built into any OS? File management.
It is fundamental. It is elemental. It is essential.

"Bins", folders whatever you would call them, they are not a "component", they are a core fundamental function. The absence of these at this late date indicate exactly where Adobe is placing priorities and that is not on Audition.

Folders are basic.

Their absence is an unfunny joke.

Anyone out there want to see how long it would take to make a "plugin" to handle "binning" assets in Audition? Seriously, is there anyone even working in the Audition section, or are you just pawning it's development off on interns?

This comment is purposefully snarky because at this point, the audition team deserves ridicule. Walk into any developers conference and tell them you haven't figured out "bins", "folders" whatever and they'll ROFL, then offer to let their nephew look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Staggering. It's midway through 2021 and you still can't provide simple bins? I would be interested to see what Adobe considers a priority, perhaps it's too busy looking at ways to market itself to TikTokkers instead of industry professionals. Get a grip Adobe, Avid is beginning to look a lot more attractive...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Add, I can't believe this hasn't been in all these years

Votes

Translate

Translate