Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bin in Project panel

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
It would be very useful and necessary to have the possibility to create Bins in the audition Project panel. There are sessions with many files. Having the option to create bins as in Premiere or After Effects would be more ordered.
Thank you
Idea No status
TOPICS
User experience and interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 107 Replies 107
107 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait a minute, I came here looking where was the bin available on Auditions. Are you telling me, seriously, that this basic feature does not exist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder what useless feature they will add to Audition 2022 instead of bins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding my voice as I really can't believe that there is no bin or folder option. Making a podcast with multiple clips to be assembled and it will be an admin mess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Part of the reason why I stopped managing podcasts in Audition and now I am only editing the tracks. Maybe for people who is using Audition for a long time its not a big of a deal "you can create folders under the OS and have multiple projects with different episode version (in order to not clutter project with files) But for people who uses folder structure in other softwares (like Premiere) it is vital to organize it. Seriously inside Premiere I have only one project file with all ads past episodes in case I want to embed something in the future ones, different version of the same episode, and much much more. Thats like 150+ files organized in folders by dates\episodes\rooms...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this?

I was expecting this to be in the latest MAJOR release but that hardly has anything in it to be considered a major release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As this is such a basic and essential functionality, please put it as a high priority. It is sorely missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create the bin/folder option in the File window, please. This should obviously be part of the program as in AE and Premiere!? Once I get more than 20 files or so, the visual organization gets very convoluted. Update this immediately, please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Durin,
Another year older, and nothing has happened.

I have produced seven hours of sound interview in some 10 sessions, three tracks. They are all called traks 1.*** to 3.***. What do you propose me to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Audition team should be fired if they can't do this simple task. 4 years and nothing.
It's a shame because ALL the other Adobe products have this "feature". This team is probably waiting to install wheels on their cars...

Sounds harsh? Poor little babies can't make any code... 4 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable. Another year goes by and yet the most basic organizational tool needed by users has still not been addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just implement Bins. Not as larger "Project features" or a "Workflow Initiative" release, just sneak it in as what other programmers here have noted should be an incredibly simple coding job. Sneak it in the next patch update, not a major release. (If incorporating bins is somehow much more difficult than we are all giving it credit for, just please explain that to us. Transparency will help us understand the difficulty and lay off the Adobe team on this a bit. For the millions of dollars that we all pay as subscribers each month for this product, introducing the archaic feature of "folders" does not seem too much to ask for. Any kind of explanation for why "folders" is a project that takes years upon years to introduce would go a long way to customer satisfaction.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incompetent team full of lame excuses.
Go down the hall to AE, PS and Premiere and see how it's done...

Who is the leader? This team has a substandard product.

Folders.... So basic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that the Remix feature is available in Premiere, there really aren’t many reasons for us to use Audition, and the lack of bins ultimately makes it a chore to do so. I suspect we’ll see Audition go the way of Speedgrade and hopefully have any remaining features ported over to Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition has been around 20 years and this is what they have to show.
Why bother? Maybe they want it to go way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started using Audition as it comes with CC and it's absolutely wild to me that simple folders aren't a thing. It's just a purely visual divider in the files panel, it doesn't need to change the way the program operates. There can't be a technical reason why a visual change isn't possible unless the code base is such a tangled disaster that it may as well be rewritten from scratch.

Already looking for an alternative for my audio needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's simple. Either the code is such a convoluted mess that it requires a major tear down to integrate one of the single most fundamental operations of any computer/software entity, or the priority is not being put on this. COVID isn't a realistic excuse, as audition and other adobe products have received numerous updates (some quite extensive) during this time.

File & folder management needs to be made a priority. Enough with the noise.
Alternatively, be honest, and tell us why it really has not been addressed. You've had MORE than enough YEARS to do something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on bins? I'll add my vote to the calls - workflow on big projects? phew! it's tough

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the Audition team should take someone from the Premiere or AE team out to lunch to pick their brains on how to implement bins. Admittedly, I'm not a programmer, but it doesn't seem like rocket science seeing that *everything on the bloody planet has bins*.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are happy to share that the team has started looking at bins functionality - one of the most requested feature - for Audition. While we chalk out the detailed workflows we have few questions for you. It will be great if you can respond to a small survey here https://forms.office.com/r/ca0dKj34WT

Looking forward to you responses!

Thanks,
Vaibhavi

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHERE ARE THE BINS ALREADY?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They said they're working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry everyone, we still may not be able to make folders nearly into 2023, HOWEVER we can still extract audio from a CD. I know how reliant all of us are on optical media. I don't even use hard drives, I keep all of my data on discs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be the number one feature to add. So strange that it isn't there like in any other Adobe program. Also please make it the standard behavior that the program is not dropping material which isn't used yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They had bins for a few years hidden in audition beta! I used it for a while. You could add bins and have multiple multi tracks but they were inside the new audition project file format. 

I was told by someone from Adobe at the time, that because of how the code worked, adding things like bins and projects required a lot of refactoring of the core code. 

But for whatever reason, bins have been removed from the most recent beta. OR my old unlock code no longer works haha. But it's a shame. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an active request for close to 10 years now, so I wouldn't hold your breath.  If you have enough files to need bins, you also need things like decent media relinking, robust searchable metadata columns, and many other features - all of which Audition does not have.  Have you ever had Audition lose your media links?  It happens. Then you have to manually relink file by file.  We lost an entire day on a project at one point because we had to spend it relinking over 700 audio files one-by-one.  Audition has some great pro features, but unfortunately when it comes to media organization, it's consumer at best.  If you have more than a couple of dozen files, I'd suggest you consider Protools or even the free Fairlight audio tab in Resolve instead.   

Votes

Translate

Translate