• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dupe Detection Bug

Enthusiast ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Version 24.1.0 (Build 85) and these past few days I notice a bug with dupe detection. If I put one clip on the timeline and then duplicate the clip on the timeline, dupe detection shows up. But then i delete the 2nd instance of the clip on the timeline, the dupe detector remains. Anyone else have this problem? Mac OS Sonoma 14.1.2.

In this picture here, i put a clip on v1, then held down the option key while dragging the clip onto v2 , which creates a duplicate. So the dupe detector line should be showing up on both clips (the one on v1 and the one on v2) but there is only 1 dupe detector line showing up. So then I deleted the clip on v1 so it was no longer on the timeline, but the blue duplicate detection line remained on the clip that lives on v2, even though the duplicate is now gone from v1. Thoughts on this @Kevin-Monahan ?

dupe.jpg

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dupe detection in Premiere messed up entirely 

I came across someone mentioning this on Reddit regarding the issue possibly stemming from MacBook Pros (?). It looks like you're not the only one with this Dupe Detection/Duplicate Frames bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but i'm not on a macbook pro. i'm on an imac desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have the same issue, on both windows 11 et macOS Ventura 13.6.1 with the version Adobre Premiere 24.1.0 

Dupe detection working for some clip and not others, sometimes it's just offset the dupe at the entry point of the clip. 

Same as explained here : https://www.reddit.com/r/editors/comments/18xniwi/dupe_detection_in_premiere_messed_up_entirely/ 

Pilar 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @rachelcenter,

Can you test it out in the Beta version (24.3)? There may be a fix along those lines. Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It doesn't work even in the beta version.

Pilar

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. using v24 on a mac studio M1max. This isnn't one of those "nice to have" features you can live without. It's a vital tool, so urgent attention required imho!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here - very annoying...

(Premiere 24.3.0, 2021 Macbook, OS 14.4). 

Votes

Translate

Translate