Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding motion blur using transform effect doesn't work

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I'm Trying to add a motion blur to a photo in order to create a zoom in effect.
For some reason when increasing the shutter angle the photo appears on screen even though the scale is set to 0
Am I missing something?
A video with example is attached. 
Thank you.

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

If you set your first scale keyframe to a number very close to 0 like 0.01 instead of to exactly 0, then you will get the effect you want.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate
6 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I recently updated my entire adobe suite to the latest release, and boy have I had a lot of issues so far.

My latest 'bug' is that the Transform effect (under Distort) no longer appears to function properly for adding motion blur to images/clips/etc. Normally, I add the effect to the desired clip, set my scale/position keyframes, uncheck "Use Composition Shutter Angle", then adjust the value to add motion blur.

Not only is the motion blur effect not working, but as soon as I change the shutter composition value (even if I change it from 0.00 to 0.01), the clip/image stretches/skews its proportions.

I have seen posts similar to mine as recent as December 2018, but all seem to be without resolution, so I'm hopeful that there's some sort of available fix by now. Adobe support is clueless, and I'm beginning to lose faith in an application suite that I have used successfully and without issue for a decade.

Please, if you know of a fix, let me know. This is killing my workflow - I have many projects that no longer work properly due to this 'bug'. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you set your first scale keyframe to a number very close to 0 like 0.01 instead of to exactly 0, then you will get the effect you want.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!
This solved it.
Do you know if this is a bug that is supposed to be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if there is a filed bug on this, but honestly this is also not something that would likely get immediate attention, as the failure case is pretty narrow. So I wanted you to have a workaround that should give you basically identical visual results.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Noam31689478jdi1 

I'll move this discussion to the Bugs forum. I hope that's OK.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@tuckerd85336059 I sent you a direct message to try to get a test project and some detailed steps. If we can make it happen locally, we might be able to fix it.

-James

Votes

Translate

Translate