Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display errors in the timeline regarding audio depiction and playback cursor

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I have a few projects with a really strange problem: die depiction of the audio tracks ist completly messed up, including not displaying anything at all, but "rendering" while playing or scrubbing. Also the playback cursor is messed up, showing just the "top". If zooming out the timeline, the whole depiction of the audio part starts to disappear, going black (not even showing the Track Numbers, M/S etc on the left).

I uploaded a short video and screenshot.2024-06-14 12.54.53.jpg

The problem seems to be in the audio tracks itself. If i creat a new seuquenz and copy paste one of the "broken clips" in it, the timeline get's "destroyed" as well. If I just copy and paste the video track, without the audio track, it works just fine. One "workaround" was to copy just the video tracks to a new timeline and relink the audio parts "freshly" via the "f" key. But since this is the 3rd project with this problem with  and is really a pain there must be any other solution. 

I am an Premiere 24.1.0, since the newest version of premiere kept crashing all the time - this is another story. This particular project was created in a newer version, but the problem also occurs on an older project, so this can't be the problem. Other sequenzes in the same project work just fine. 

Windows 11 with newest Nvidia Drivers (Geforce 4070)

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Sound , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Community Expert , Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Make sure its the nvidia studio driver.

Or roll back a couple of drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Hi matthiasv25504667,

We’re Sorry to hear about this. Are you using the Game Ready drivers or the Studio drivers for the GPU? If you are using the Game Ready driver, please install the latest Studio driver & check if it's working properly. Also, are you using a custom workspace split across multiple monitors or a single-monitor setup?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure its the nvidia studio driver.

Or roll back a couple of drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi matthiasv25504667,

We’re Sorry to hear about this. Are you using the Game Ready drivers or the Studio drivers for the GPU? If you are using the Game Ready driver, please install the latest Studio driver & check if it's working properly. Also, are you using a custom workspace split across multiple monitors or a single-monitor setup?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I "fixed" the problem meanwhile: the problem was that on the audio clips were effects, which just existed in a newer version (I think it was auto audio enhance) - this led to the display error. Only strange thing was that a older project hat the same problem - but it worked and was displayed fine in the newest version.

Problem with the new version however is, that it randomly crashes every few minutes (or even more often) as long as .mxf files are in the project - but this is already discussed in other topics here.

Thank you anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate