• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FIXED Issue: Export mode fails to load in Premiere Pro 23.2 and 23.3

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are aware of an issue that prevents Export mode from loading for some users. When clicking Export in the header bar, a loading spinner is shown, but export mode fails to load.  Selecting File > Export > Media or using the keyboard shortcut Command/Control+M, there is no result; you just stay in Edit mode.  In these situations, exports won’t work in Premiere Pro.  When in this state, Quick Export also fails to function.

This issue is known to affect Premiere Pro versions 23.2 and 23.3 on Mac and Windows.

If you are experiencing this issue, please update to version 23.4 or later to get the fix

If you can't update to 23.4, here are some workarounds to successfully complete your export in 23.3, 23.2:

Workaround #1 – Export with Media Encoder (RECOMMENDED)

1. Launch Adobe Media Encoder.
  2. Select File > Add Premiere Pro Sequence.
  3. Navigate to your project file on disk and use the subsequent dialog to choose the sequence you want to export.

Workaround #2 – Reset Premiere Pro preferences

1. Hold the option key while launching Premiere Pro.
  2. Choose Reset Preferences in the “Reset Options” dialog.
  3. Exports will now be successful.

Workaround #3 – Avoid using the “Match sequence preview settings” preset

1. Do not choose the “Match sequence preview settings” preset in Export mode
  2. Choose another preset such as “Apple ProRes 422 LT” which will make a MOV file and match the sequence resolution, framerate, and preview render format (the same result as choosing Match sequence preview settings) –or– “Match Source - Adaptive High Bitrate” which will make a high-quality MP4 file.
  3. If you use “Match sequence preview settings” once, you will have to reset your preferences to export again successfully.

Our engineers understand the problem well and are currently working on a fix. We’ll update this post when it becomes available.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

This issue is fixed in 23.4, which has just been released.  Update to 23.4 to get this fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Hello Becci and others on the thread,

I can understand how frustrating this issue is. I see the problem here on forums and on social media platforms. I hope I can offer some relief. The known workarounds are:

1. Choose File > Export > Send to Adobe Media Encoder
  2. Reset preferences. This can work with new projects created in 23.3.
  3. For updated projects created in an earlier version of Premiere Pro, import the project into a new 23.3 project.

I apologize that this is happening to you. I raised th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Hello Community,

A product manager has announced that this bug has been fixed in Premiere Pro 23.4. Please update to 23.4 or later to be free of this issue.

We appreciate your patience while the team fixed this bug.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 302 Replies 302
302 Comments
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola , yo tambien tengo el mismo problema que tu ,  si logro resolverlo te aviso, saludos

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Last week ev was working, but today no change on starting export. Not from the File menu or the sequence menu. Guess that something is broken?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i contacted adobe on twitter and they told me how to fix it, it worked for me ! you need to reset your Premiere preference and to clear your media cache. Here is a tutorial if necessary. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdpG79no3oQ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue since the last Update to 23.3.0. (Build 61). You can reset the preferences - but it occurs 2 times a day. And with the reset, you need to reconfigure everything agin and again and again...... 

So it would be nice from the team to fix that bug. 

By the way: Since the last update, it is not possible to copy / paste effects from one shot to another. Instead of copy the effect (e.g. Lumetri) somethhing is inserted to the timeline. Only "right mouse ... copy ... right mouse ... paste" works right now for me. Mac OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this did the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started happening to me when I got a mac studio a couple weeks ago. deleting preferences works, but I have to do it several times a day. rolled back to 23.0 and it seems to be OK. 13 years of nonsense like this has me absolutly worn out with adobe premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thanks for sharing!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anytime I try to export selected media via Command M or by selecting export in the File drop down NOTHING happens. Just nothing. I cant export media from any of my premeire project files. 

Everything is up to date, New Mac ios installed still nothing. 

I tried directly through media encoder "failed" immediately. 

The export window just has a spinning wheel.

I've tried differnt projet files and differnt hard drives. 

Memory isnt an issue. 

Ive researched online but nothing seems to work. Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone have some advice or know whats going on?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a macstudio about a month ago without any issues..  happy to work with you to figure out what's going on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had to roll back from 23.3 to 23.0 to stop the problem others in this thread are having. It's been a million little things like this over the years. Adobe has had enough years and resources to complely rewrite the software, but they've chosen not to. It gets even more frustration when I see a basically free piece of software like Resolve with better performance, a better color corrector and fusion compositing built right in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premiere Pro 2023 and for some reason export in not functioning at all. I have tried uninstalling and reisntalling, I have restarted my Mac, I have tried almost everything but it wont work. Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and yet my macstudio has worked flawlessly out of the box for the last couple of months.  I haven't done the update to 23.3 yet.  I always wait at least a month after an update becomes available to see what problems other people are experiencing before jumping in.    If you're interested in trying to figure out what's going on, we're here...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't seeen any of the issues you've been responding to in this forum over the last few weeks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaFGmEkw9Xw

Dozens of videos like this are out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope.  I'm running 23.2.    And haven't had any issues.   Happy to spend some time trying to see if there's something specific to your system...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all I can say is that I'm not seeing this behavior on my system or on the 2 clients I've visited in the last week...  and who's systems I've setup and monitor on a regular basis.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why am I getting the spinning icon on the export tool like other people in this thread with 23.3?

Screenshot 2023-04-20 at 9.17.45 AM.png

 Ventura 13.2.1

External media drive speeds.

Screenshot 2023-04-20 at 9.19.47 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as I said, I haven't updated to 23.3 yet and will wait at least a few more weeks...  Revert to 23.2 and you should be good to go.   If you're having problems in 23.2, let us know and we'll see if we can figure out what's going on.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went back to 23.2 and the very first time I tried to export. If I delete my preferences it works fine....for a little while, and then back to this.

Screenshot 2023-04-20 at 9.32.59 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sausagehead5 is my proper account, not sure why I'm showing up as the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, de repente no puedo exportar. No me aparencen las ventanas Quick Export ni Export Media, sólo puedo hacerlo a traves de Media Encoder. ¿Alguna solución por favor?

Versión 23.3.0

Windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are some basic mac troubleshooting steps we should try first.    These are just things to try to figure out where the issue is...    Please try and answer these questions and try these things in a systematic fashion

Are you running any other programs at the same time?  If so, quit all programs and restart without launching anything else.  Unfortunately apple in all their wisdom allows programs to load in the background that are not included in the log in items in your account settings...  So I recommend that you go to system preferences:  users and groups and add a new user account with administrative privileges.  Log out of your current account and into the new account and launch premiere and see if the problem persists. 

Do you have any peripherals connected besides mouse and keyboard and media drive?  If so, disconnect them.   

How many monitors do you have connected?  If more than one, disconnect anything beyond your primary monitor.  Describe the monitor and it's screen resolution.

Try changing your workspace...  using one of the default workspaces.  

Are you exporting to an external drive?  If so, try exporting to your startup drive.  

Try disconnecting all external drives, and create a simple project with a couple of media files on your startup drive and see if you can export successfully.

Try disconnecting from the internet/network.  Wondering if you're trying to export to a folder that's on ICloud.  That could be the issue...  

That's a good start to troubleshooting.   But lots of other things to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It'll be the weekend before I can get to this list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've recently been working on captions for a 12 episode show. It's worked perfectly until these last two episodes, where projects will crash as soon as they open or they will crash when I click on the export button. I've tried copy and pasting the contents of the sequence into a new project but that results in the new project crashing as well. I've also tried copying just the captions into a new project but that causes the new project to crash as well. I can't export the captions in any way because Premiere will crash. I've tried all the usual advice from clearing the cache and reseting the workspace and trying to open the project in differnet versions on Premiere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. If you hold down Shift when opeing premiere and select "Reset app preferences" I was able to get the export window to come back. Of course all your preferences are gone and you have to redo them but you can get it to work.

Why does every update break something major these days????

Votes

Translate

Translate