• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My mouse disappears in Premiere CC

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mouse cursor keeps dissappearing as I work in premiere cc. It isnt the mouse as I tried several. I have to restart the project every few minutes. It seems to get worse with time. I am doing closed captioning so maybe that is part of it.

Anyone else have this issue?

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 204 Replies 204
204 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2016 Mar 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just Upgraded as well..

But I am afraid to use my Markers now LOL..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know!! Premiere has some unnerving quirks. I've been in export hell.

Weird grammar and typos courtesy of Siri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Upgraded my Premiere CC and I Am still losing my Cursor..

Happens when I try and work with Marker Panel..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version precisely are you using, Brent?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dang. I assume you reported it to adobe? I guess I must have been done placing markers before I upgraded, so I never tested whether it was working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2015.2.. I just upgraded today..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just told Kevin Monaha.. Is that adobe? First time I use this forum..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9.2.0(41) sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9.2.0(41) sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brent,

I just  told Kevin Monaha.. Is that adobe? First time I use this forum..

Sounds like you may have hit a bug. Can you report it here?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue today in Windows 10, CC 9.2.0 (41). For me it's a bug in the view switching, not closed captioning or working with markers. Just simply changing the view from my custom workspace to audio and then the mouse cursor vanishes. Only way to fix it is to exit and restart PrPro.

Considering this bug was first reported in 2014, is there any hope for a fix?

Funny that among the new features announced for PrPro 2016​, the words "bug fixes", "optimization", "stability and performance improvements" were nowhere to be seen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2016 May 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're experiencing same issues were, Win10, on 2 different machines, while doing closed captioning work.

It seems like it has to do with when the captions/marker panels prompts an error/dialogue box, or, or perhaps in combination, with scrubbing the timecodes to move the marker lengths (which often happens on accident).

Same symptoms, the mouse is functioning but transparent, and appears if tabbed into other apps. You have to restart Premiere for it to come back.

The mouse goes away when you click and hold to scrub timecode in the captions/marker window, so I bet the bug is that the state of the mouse hide is being locked on by accident.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
May 22, 2016 May 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Same problem here. Have had this issue in one area or other in every release of Premiere Pro since I jumped in mid last year. Currently most common trigger for me us switching between window layout views. Very annoying.

Latest version of PPro & Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening here, too.  Win10, CC v 9.2.0(41).   It happened when I was editing markers. (using the slider in the markers panel to edit the out point of a marker)    I've been using Premiere (and editing markers) all day, it just randomly occurred for no apparent reason.

Problem goes away when I restart Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2016 May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  My mouse randomly disappears.  Even after watching my render in Windows Media, when I come back to premiere, no mouse.  Have to shut down Premiere, not good, its especially fun when I have a client sitting behind me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 30, 2016 May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with the cursor vanishing... it's still there because I can see it highlighting things as I move it around and it becomes visible again once the mouse travels outside of the Premiere Pro CC application frame, meaning to the desktop itself and to another monitor (still outside the application frame), but not while in the application itself.  For me it always disappears when changing work-spaces, usually going to the color workspace.

More recently (and really for the first time) it happened while going to "File" > "Open recent" to switch between projects.

Being a former developer my "guess" is there some issue between PP handling of the directx/GPU for Hardware accelerated mouse cursor (drawing the mouse in the frame buffer, the "cursor hardware render").. but, that's just a guess.

EDIT:

So I found some info and will test over the next week and see what results.

Hardware Cursor info (I knew a little about this because game development was a hobby of mine, and is what started this chain of thought)

SOURCE: Hardware Cursor

Normally the cursor is drawn with software. The cursor movements are read in by the CPU which at that point goes into a subroutine to calculate the new position of the cursor and then send both the information about the location of the cursor and how the cursor should look like to the graphics card and eventually onto the screen.

With the hardware cursor option enabled all data about the cursor movement is rerouted by the CPU straight to the graphics card where there is a chip dedicated to calculating the cursor position and drawing it. I can't figure out however how the graphics card would know how the cursor should look like. Does the software send the cursor images to the graphics card one time and then updates it as needed to change the shape of the cursor?

SOURCE: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6957039/what-is-hardware-cursor-and-how-does-it-work

Hardware Cursor means, that the GPU provides to draw a (small) overlay picture over the screen framebuffer, which position can be changed by two registers (or so) on the GPU. So moving around the pointer doesn't require to redraw the portions of the framebuffer that were previously obstructed.

Relation to OpenGL: None!

Here is the solution I want to test out and see if it works..  If it does work, hopefully it will make a good workaround until a fix is released from Adobe

(that's if this actually solves the issue) The idea here is that it may use use a different routine to render the mouse and hopeful become more stable, especially while using Mercury Hardware GPU Acceleration.

NOTE: FOR WINDOWS -  THIS IS YOUR REGISTRY!!! If you try this - SAVE YOUR REGISTRY FIRST - ALL EDITS TO YOUR REGISTRY ARE IMMEDIATE

DO AT YOUR OWN RISK

SOURCE: display calibration - How to apply color management to the Windows 7 mouse cursor? - Photography Sta...

This has bothered me for years, especially on laptop screens that have no hardware calibration option. Here's an instant fix:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00  
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse]

"MouseTrails"="-1"

Save that as a .reg, merge it and then Log Off/On.

With mouse trails enabled windows uses a different render for the cursor which in turn applies the color correction.

The original problem is that the ICC profile was not being applied to the mouse cursor and was causing it to "stand out"

(read the first post again).

WIth this setting, the profile will be applied.

Setting HKCU\Control Panel\Mouse\MouseTrials to -1 turns on mouse trails but sets the trail length to zero.

The -1 works on Windows 7 with Nvidia drivers; I have not tested it with other OS/Video combinations.

Possible values for the setting include:

-1 = A buggy setting that seems to enable the cursor trail render but has no actual trails 
0  = Off
1  = Also equals off
2  = Lowest you can actually set the trail length in the control panel
10 = Default length

This happens on nearly every project and I have several more projects over the next couple weeks.. So.. I'm sure I'll have an idea if this works over the next alone.

*Obviously this is just a guess, a shot n the dark, so If anyone has some input and know more about this, please help.

*Some spec info...

The medium is only 1080/2k 10bit 422 at best and it runs smooth as butter.

Windows 10

Using Mercury GPU Acceleration

16gig mem

Separate SSD's for project, cache and system

Intel i5 3.2GHz

GeForce GTX770 2gig

Network Storage for Archive

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2016 Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I may add my 2 cents, this has happened to me twice, the second time being just now. I don't edit markers or do any of the other things the rest of you have mentioned. I was only tweaking lumetri settings on a clip shot in Flaat 11 and adding Colorista, although I've added that plug in many times with no problem.

The first time it happened I could only create a new sequence and start over. When I clicked on the sequence that caused the problem, the cursor would disappear again.

Just now, I went to my Control Panel's mouse settings and turned on trails and set number of trails to 2 (I don't think that number matters much) and I was able to see my cursor again. So that may be worth a shot until the problem is fixed by Adobe. It worked for me, anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that little work around did work for me.. I didn't have any issues. Also, after the update I reset the mouse setting to default to see if the problem was addressed. So far so good, still no issues. I don't know if that means they addressed it but, it's been working well so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

It still happens.  While you are adding new features, I would like to be able to expand column two that lists Name: In and Out points in Markers panel.  Cursor went away twice in a period of 5 minutes.  This is a big workflow disruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe,

I currently have a paid worker sitting at our edit station with this same issue. She is trying to adjust the time on the caption and the mouse disapears on the program only. When you mouse over the desktop or anything besides for Premiere, you can see the mouse. When you go into the program windows it's just not there.

I am wasting money today and you seem to know about this issue for a while according to this thread. Please help fix this or at least offer a work around for us to complete this project now. Time is money and it's ticking right now.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm editing open captions right now and this keeps happening. I'm on a 2013 Rmbp, with the latest PP release....

I thought that this would have been fixed by now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the problem still exists in Premiere Pro CC 2017 (v11.0.0 build 154).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yepp. I just had this issue for the first time. Doin captions and it just disappeared.

Premiere Pro CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Cursor disappears anytime I'm in the Audio panel so I can't change the audio track levels.  I'm kind of stuck in this project now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just happened again in 2017.0.1 v11 on Mac 10.11.6 . I have also experienced this issue in the past.

For research sake: I accidentally hit a key (unsure of key). I was not working in Close Captioning or Marker panels. I believe I was currently in Timeline. Restart fixed issue. Other applications could still had cursor ability.

Votes

Translate

Translate