• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My mouse disappears in Premiere CC

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mouse cursor keeps dissappearing as I work in premiere cc. It isnt the mouse as I tried several. I have to restart the project every few minutes. It seems to get worse with time. I am doing closed captioning so maybe that is part of it.

Anyone else have this issue?

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 204 Replies 204
204 Comments
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue while pen tooling opacity in cc 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going nuts with this until I just decided to save, close restart my PC and then reopen premier pro. It works fine and I haven't had any problems since. I use every premier pro every day. Not sure who suggested restarting but I thank them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Levi (& others),

Please reinstall GPU drivers. This is the troubleshooting step that solves this issue most often. Please try it and report back to us.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that apply to Macbooks too? New to the mac world and no idea how to update or find drivers.
The mouse freeze up has happened several times to me. Mostly when working with open captions but also when I try to drag the volume level in an audio track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just encountered this problem. I have had the PC several years, I've used multiple video editing software packages not to mention 3D design and some graphic heavy games, I've never had the cursor disappear.  I've been using Premiere Pro since last November and have the newest version installed.  I browsed to a previous project file in the Media Browser, selected a previous project (to import some of the assets in it) and a blue bar appeared for a short while then the cursor vanished and the bins from the project appeared ready to explore/import.  But I had no cursor.  Nothing short of restarting Premiere resolved the issue.

I upgraded to the newest video drivers, but the problem recurred when trying to do the same thing.  On the 3rd try it worked as it should and kept the cursor visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RobertB,

That's rather strange. Thanks for reporting on the behavior. Let me try to reproduce the error. In the mean time, please file a bug here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sir MacHinery,

To update video drivers, all you need to do is update the OS. Please report any anomalies you find here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've finally found a 'fix' for this ridiculous behavior.

I've created a panel which, whenever I mouseover the panel, simply tells the mouse pointer what its state should be.

When my mouse disappears (all too often) I simply pull the (invisible) pointer down to the panel ... and viola, the cursor reappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AndyMees,

This should be fixed in an upcoming version of Premiere Pro.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening in 2017.1 Kevin... triggered when I switched from the active project to a recent project from the File menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. I encountered the same problem. MacBook Pro macOS 10.12.3, Premiere CC 2017.0.2.

I have 5 video layers. On of them is for imported srt-file, but the mouse cursor disappears when I edit title elements opacity by moving a keyframe by mouse. It doesn't happen every time I move the keyframe, but almost every other time. Mouse is only missing in Premiere and comes back on restart. An annoying problem, but luckily this project is almost done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what happens to me too. Not sure if anyone has found a fix... Maybe bump this thread up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening. Working in closed captioning, adjusted an audio keyframe and it vanishes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Just got off the phone with Adobe customer support, and they had me reset my Adobe preferences. They also said that the possible reason for this happening is because I'm using two monitors to edit (as many people do) and the second monitor may not be supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup me too except has nothing to do with markers for me.

It seemingly happens randomly, but just now it pulled a Houdini on me when switching Panels from editing to colour.

Restarting Premiere fixes it (until the next time it happens...)

I'm on the latest version of PPro & Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been happening to me recently too. Specifically with Open Captions about an hour or two into editing my premiere project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same missing cursor issue here on latest cc 2017 (11.1.2). PC.  Happens often. Sometimes even when a project first opens. A restart of PP is what it takes to solve for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me when working on captions. 3 1/2 years and no fix? I'm on CC 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also working on open captions and not only does my pointer disappear Sometimes it gets stuck on a certain kind of pointer, without the tool tip changing for adjusting edges, etc. I've updated to the latest version and my mac is updated as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I've created a panel which, whenever I mouseover the panel, simply tells the mouse pointer what its state should be.@"

how do you do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mouse dissapears when I switch between working spaces...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2018 and I am also having the same problem with my cursor disappearing when using captions in either CC2017 or CC2018. I've got a 10 minute video to caption and it's infuriating that I have to close out the program every 2 minutes because the cursor disappears.

It seems to happen the most if I'm visually adjusting the length or position of the caption on the timeline. Why hasn't this been fixed?

Windows 10

Nvidia GTX1080

Intel i7 6950X

128GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Footage via Thunderbolt 3 RAID Array

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you reinstalled your mouse software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Brent and others on the post,

I am also seeing this in my own projects. I have to quit and restart the program to have mouse control once more. Please file bugs, everyone. I will file one, as well.

Update: you can upvote any one of these bugs. Please choose the most appropriate bug to upvote, usually, it's the most active one with the most upvotes.

Update: Bug is being worked on. Sorry for the delay. Repairing Adobe folder permissions has helped the situation for some users. Here's how: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/preferences-folder-read-only-error-premiere-pro.html

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate