• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Alt+ Scroll zoom behaves different on v24.4.0

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to latest version 24.4.0 and the Alt+ scroll zoom behaves different. It zooms to a totally different timeline area than the usual mouse pointer/playhead. Any workarounds?

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Sorry for the wait, but we believe this issue should now be addressed in 24.6 beta build 020. Alt + mouse wheel scroll should zoom based on cursor location. Appreciate all the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Hello @johnalmightyx,

I appreciate your message. I know this issue. The team is working on a fix to come out in beta soon. So, leave your feedback for the team in the Beta forum.

Please try zooming in with the mouse after selecting the Timeline as a workaround. Is that working for you? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
74 Comments
Participant ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This wasn't an issue until the latest update. I recently updated to Version 24.4.1 (Build 2).

I've seen other people have this same issue but the posts are old and the solutions are irrelevant.

Zooming in with Alt + Scroll now just zooms in to a random location on my timeline. It doesnt follow my mouse and it doesn't follow the playhead. I don't see an option in preferences to make a change. This will happen while the timeline is playing [using No Scroll in Timeline Playback Auto-Scrolling (which I prefer and do not want to change)], and also while it is not playing. The mouse seems to have influence over where it zooms, but it is not accurate. I could keep my mouse pointer on a specific spot and it will not zoom right into that spot. Definitely slowing down my work flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also seen people say that it has to do with their monitor scaling. My monitor is set to reccomended settings and those settings match the resolution of the monitor. Here is a video to illustrate the issue. You can see I hover over the playhead, I use Alt + Scroll and it should zoom in on the mouse but instead it favors the left side and doesnt actually zoom in on the mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't favor the left side, it's whatever side of the time indicator that your mouse is on. Since you are zooming out the time indicator would normally go to the right, and thus you are then on the left side of it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas on how to get it to straight to the cursor like it used to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen one yet. I mostly zoom in with shortcut keyes and they keep the time indicator in the center.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Know issue: team is working on a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it's making me go nuts.

The Alt + scroll in-out to zoom in the timeline is cant be centered anymore. It follows the mouse on the right or on the left. There is not scrolling towards where the play marker is (or the center if your mouse is there).

It's awful, how can I change that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's driving me insane is the update to alt+scroll in timeline. Surely a bug tho because there is no application I can imagine for the random direction it zooms now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they said they are working on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able zo zoom in on my timeline with the mousewheel, on the position of my cursor. Now when the playhead is to the right of my timeline and the mouse cursor is on the far right, Premiere always zooms somewhere to the middle of the timeline instead of where my cursor is. I can still zoom in perfectly to the left of the timeline but not to and specific point in the middle or right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known issue: team is working on a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wenn ich im Schnittfenster zoomen will, drücke ich "ALT" + "Scrollrad der Maus". Bisher wurde immer genau an die Stelle gezoomt, an der der Mauszeiger war, aber seit dem update zommt es immer in die Mitte des Schnittfensters, was unfassbar nervigist. Ich habe schon die EInstellungen durchsucht und auch die Online Foren, aber bin zu keiner Lösung gekommen.

Hoffe das jemand eine Lösung für mich hat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known issue.

Team is working on a fix.

Check the forum for multiple threads about this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the wait, but we believe this issue should now be addressed in 24.6 beta build 020. Alt + mouse wheel scroll should zoom based on cursor location. Appreciate all the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a big deal. Using 24.4.1 (build2) on windows 10, 4k monitor, 175% scale. The zoom works fine for keyboard shorcuts "-" and "+", but Alt+MMB Scrollwheel gives VERY janky effects, even if your mouse cursor is well to the right of the playhead. I would expect this behaviour in Alpha or MAYBE beta software but NOT an official release. I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can change it currently but keyboard "-" and "+" seem to work for me, zooming in and out of playhead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. So frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Jeremy22269921hcpn,

The product team has announced that the bug is under investigation so I have updated the status of the bug report.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We believe this issue has been fixed in 24.6 beta build 020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Die beste Lösung die ich finden konnte war, in der Adobe CC App auf die letzte Version von Premiere zu wechseln und automatische Updates auszustellen - zumindest bis Adobe das Problem behoben hat. Seitdem funktioniert alles wieder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, fixed in beta build 20.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick verification, Ann!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the 24.4.1 version and I have the same bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
15 hours ago 15 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still an issue in 24.5. Again rolling back. Very frustrating. Saying it has been fixed in beta and then releasing an update with the issue still present make no sense to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate