• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Premiere Pro 24 Video Preview Glitch

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening on all of my premiere pro projects. Started when I updated to Premiere 2024. When I look at a video in either source or the timeline, it glitches (see photo). I haven't found anyway to view my footage. The only way to see the real video is by playing the video. This makes it impossible to color correct or colorgrade footage. Please help fix this, it basically is preventing me from editing. 

Premiere Pro 24.3

2019 MacBook MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.18.44 PM.png

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Hello @Pedro Deltell Colomer,

Thanks for the screenshots, media, and system info.

• Has this footage worked in your system in the past?
  • Is it possible to try the Beta version?
  • Do proxies or transcodes work?

Let us know what happens after trying these things. I hope the developers or the community can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Hi @Pedro Deltell Colomer and @Mariana301932735yrg,
The team is investigating this issue now. Sorry for the hassle.

The information you provided was super helpful!

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 100 Replies 100
100 Comments
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 12.20.54.png

This  keeps happening to my footage. It doesnt make sense as it plays fine outside of premiere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Know issue: team is working on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Giuliano37629248uf02,

I looked at your screenshots more carefully. It looks like you are experiencing a known bug others are having with that particular Mac and specific formats. You may want to roll back a version until the team finds a fix. You can also try a different format, like ProRes LT. I hope the advice helps.

While long in the tooth, your PC has Quick Sync onboard, so H.264 handling is pretty good, even on these older rigs. I hope to assist you more, so come back with any questions.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin. So do you confirm that is like a bug of Premiere Pro who cause that and is not a problem of Macbook, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 Hello, what is wrong with the preview, please???

Snímek obrazovky 2024-06-05 v 16.33.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known issue: team is working in this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a huge pain the last couple of days - It's also happening to me. I got a reply on X.com about the GPU glitch
"It is a bug with older Macs with an underpowered iGPU with only 1536MB VRAM. The system requirement is 2 GB. Please upvote this bug report: adobe.ly/4aSg9z4. You may want to transcode to ProRes LT or another format for now"
Hope this helps anyone else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you know how can I do this? I guess you can do that in Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still invastigatin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently. I've seen something on the Resolve forum where some users were noting issues with certain Macs and certain times. I'm not sure exactly what the subset that get this is, but wow, that's impossible to work with.

So as some users have that both with Resolve as well as PrPro, there's something in the GPU/graphics system that is bugging on whatever it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Randomly, over the past few days, my program monitor will display a white and black pattern. The pattern does not remain the same, and will sometimes take on certain aspects of what should be playing. I've attached some photos and a screen recording. Oddly, the pattern did not appear while viewing the playback, but would appear when I would pause playback, which felt backward to me. It also went away while scrubbing.

Version: 24.4.1 Build 2

Computer Info: MacOS, Sonoma 14.5

2019 MacBook Pro

2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Internal SSD with around 250 GB available

Video Format: 

Basic MP4, exported from Canva, stock imagery from Pexels, nothing too intensive. Sequence settings are 1080p, 30fps. Copmuter has handled this type of video well before.

Workflow:

Pretty basic. A few motion graphics templates, but the graphical error impacts all video clips.

Steps to reproduce:

I haven't been able to reproduce it consistently. It just sort of randomly occurs. 

I've reset my preferences and that didn't work. I did restart my computer and it fixed the error. This a few days ago as well, and was fixed after a restart. My best guess is this is a computer issue, but wanted to post with pictures in case anyone else is having similar issues.

Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 9.42.45 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-06-10 at 9.39.44 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-06-10 at 9.39.23 AM.png

Screen Recording:

(For the record, this error was occuring before I started screen recording)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am experiencing the same issues as Giuliano. Is this a bug within the latest version of Premiere Pro? 

Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 4.32.29 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-06-10 at 4.33.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

I appreciate all the bug reports that were created on this issue. I hope the team can get a fix soon. Please test the Beta version to see if a fix is in place and report back.

Sorry, I do not have this Mac here at my studio. I will try to get the team to comment here. Stand by.

Cheers,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Giraso,

Thanks for the question.

So do you confirm that is like a bug of Premiere Pro who cause that and is not a problem of Macbook, right?

I'm not a dev, so I'm not sure. I will try to get someone from the team to respond. Sorry about that. I think it's probably a sign that it's time to update your hardware to stay current with everything.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been having this problem for weeks, with different projects. 

I see glitches in both the timeline playback and in the final export (see screenshot below)

Screenshot 2024-06-11 alle 14.02.05.png

I've tried it all (delete media cache, delete render files, restart premiere and the system, reset preferences to default, open in a new project).

I'm exporting in H264 mp4, but I don't think that export settings are an issue here, since the problem is already there in the timeline. Sometimes it works fine, some other times the problem appears, even in the same project. I've tried exporting an xml and work with it in DaVinci, no issue there. But I'm a long time adobe user and I wish to continue working with the suite.

Could it be my hardware? Even if so, it worked fine until two weeks ago.

Here's my system specs:

Screenshot 2024-06-11 alle 12.48.16.png

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this thread has been running since April. Is there really no resolution to this project yet? I'm facing the same issue now. Please help! The video exported as only snow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's incredible, really ridiculous Adobe! I have had this problem since March/April and still nothing has been solved. I have read several comments "the adobe team is investigating" but at least a month has passed and still nothing. I have no words, a service that we pay for and they can't solve a problem caused by their app. I also work with editng and Adobe too. Maybe I will switch do DaVinci Resolve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that you're having this issue. We're seeing similar issue here: https://adobe.ly/3RwXWQI

Can you try switching Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only and see if that helps?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

KR

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for/with/teach pro colorists. So I'm in Resolve daily, of course.

And there have been some Mac users on Resolve with this also. There seem to be (relatively) only a few users with this issue, and yea, it would be absolutely infuriating. But it seems to only happen with a small percentage of some new-ish Mac computers.

And can happen to other apps, not just Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Giraso,

I read your post. Sorry for the frustration.

It's incredible, really ridiculous Adobe! I have had this problem since March/April and still nothing has been solved. I have read several comments "the adobe team is investigating" but at least a month has passed and still nothing.

As editors, we find it difficult to wait for bugs to be fixed, especially if they impede an established workflow. I'm sorry about that. We can never know the reason why (it is perhaps related to this specific Apple hardware from five years ago—only a guess), but believe me, they are trying to fix it as we speak. My apologies.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I was haveing the exact same problem on a 2019 MacBook. I tried it all before going to the Apple Store, convinced I was going to have to trade my laptop for a new one. They opened the laptop and found that the fans were blocked by dust. As a result, the computer, particularly the graphics card, which in this model is soldered to the motherboard, was not being cooled and was creating these problems. In ten minutes they cleaned the laptop, free of charge, and the problem was solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that information! That's the kind of thing that can be huge for others to know. And fast and easy to check and fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that info @Alessandro Freno 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I thought I had solved the problem, as I had written in a previous post where I explained that the cooling fans were blocked by dust. Cleaning seemed to have solved the problem, but today it came up again.

The glitches, before cleaning the fans, were colored, while now they are black and white, as in many screenshots posted here. So, it seems to be two different problems, one related to the machine (fixed) and a second related to the software. I just upgraded to Premiere 24.5 in the hope that the bug had been fixed, but no luck. I have urgent work to deliver to the client, as I believe many of you do, and I am forced to do it in DaVinci (no problem there).

I am sharing the specifications of my machine in the hope that it will help. I have been using Adobe since 2020 for all my work, I will wait a few more days but if the problem is not solved, I am afraid I will have to cancel my subscription. I simply cannot work like this. Like all of you I am a professional and risk losing clients and money when my deliveries are too late.

Screenshot 2024-06-20 alle 14.21.51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is definitely related to the Mercury Playback Engine.

The only temporary solution I've found so far is to change the rendering to Software Only.
File > Project Settings >  General > Renderer: Mercury Playback Engine Software Only. 

It seemed to resolve the issue, however it also disabled the use of the Warp Stabilizer effect (and I suspect other effects would be affected as well).

It would be a shame if Adobe fails to address this ASAP. I'd prefer to stick with Premiere, but sadly, it looks like Davinci Resolve may be the path forward. 

😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate