• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Premiere Pro 24 Video Preview Glitch

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening on all of my premiere pro projects. Started when I updated to Premiere 2024. When I look at a video in either source or the timeline, it glitches (see photo). I haven't found anyway to view my footage. The only way to see the real video is by playing the video. This makes it impossible to color correct or colorgrade footage. Please help fix this, it basically is preventing me from editing. 

Premiere Pro 24.3

2019 MacBook MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.18.44 PM.png

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Hello @Pedro Deltell Colomer,

Thanks for the screenshots, media, and system info.

• Has this footage worked in your system in the past?
  • Is it possible to try the Beta version?
  • Do proxies or transcodes work?

Let us know what happens after trying these things. I hope the developers or the community can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Hi @Pedro Deltell Colomer and @Mariana301932735yrg,
The team is investigating this issue now. Sorry for the hassle.

The information you provided was super helpful!

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
81 Comments
New Here ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me too!!! I have the same laptop and updates as you. It will also export like that too. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. Did you find a fix for this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well. Same laptop and same verison premeire as maxp

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you also on Sonoma? As there are also problems with ProRes with Alpha channels not working on both Resolve and Premiere. On units running Sonoma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get this resolved in the end? I have a colleague suffering with the same issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. This morning when I opened Premiere, this white screen was showing in my source monitor. When I play the timeline or any clip it is normal, but when I pause it it goes to white again. I upgraded to the last version (24.4) and the problem is still there. Does anyone know why is that? I'm using a Macbook Pro 2019 16'' i7 16GB with Sonoma 14.4.1

Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 11.26.17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what if you try to lower the playback res in program monitor?

did you try to reset the preferences?

did you try to switch renderers from project settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked changing to software encoding. Do you know why is that? I'm having a similar issue when I create proxies in Media Encoder. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Pedro Deltell Colomer and @Mariana301932735yrg,
The team is investigating this issue now. Sorry for the hassle.

The information you provided was super helpful!

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, Intel MacBook Pro 16, 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB. Video attached. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q-XyuHIszn5LidezOwfiNckgftmJARvO/view?usp=share_link 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image 5-17-24 at 1.15 PM.JPG

 Upon opening my software i noticed this noise glitch in the source monitor. i have no effects on the video whatsoever. but every attepmt to play the video it will display when i stop playback. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started work project yesterday and when I opened back up this morning, the previews of content are gone, and in their places is this weird snow/static that moves when I hover my mouse over the project. As soon as I click to edit or move an object, things return to normal. I've restarted the program, but now it remains. I'm on an up to date Mac, using up-to-date Premiere.

See video for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Are you on a Windows or a macOS system? If you have a discreet GPU in your system, please check for driver updates. This issue might be caused by outdated or corrupt GPU drivers.

If you have any plugins installed, please temporarily disable them (Here's how).

If updating drivers and disabling plugins does not help, please also share your current Premiere Pro version, system specifications (OS, OS version, CPU, GPU, RAM) and your media properties (Project Panel > Right-click on source file > Properties). 

Post moved to Discussions for troubleshooting. 

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. But it happens when I layer other videos on top. I temporarily disabled any plug ins. Still a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've having the same problem with mp4's, and I haven't been able to find identical posts in the forum. The only temporary fix I've found is to restart my computer, but that can definitely be a hassle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, @Matt355060660208@Aidan307513953s50@Grant22069765aq46, and others on the thread,
Thanks for providing details about this bug. I've seen it more regularly as of late. I have asked the developers to take a look. I'll have to ask for your patience as I try to learn more about what's happening here. I am very sorry for the frustration.

Take Care,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have  the same problem and also I guess we have the same Macbook. Did you resolve?

Screenshot 2024-05-19 alle 14.45.18.png

Screenshot 2024-05-20 alle 10.05.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the past three months, I have noticed drastic slowdowns on my 2019 MacBook Pro i9, 15-inch, especially when editing my videos with Premiere Pro. After working for a while, it starts to slow down and the preview screen shows a green screen or a glitched screen instead of my video preview (I have attached some example photos/videos).

I have tried formatting my computer, restoring everything, reinstalling the system, uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere, rolling back to previous versions of Premiere, and disabling all plugins in Premiere, but nothing has worked. Additionally, I have taken my MacBook to Apple centers for diagnostics multiple times, and according to their tests, the computer is perfect, with no anomalies or damage, and everything appears to be functioning perfectly.

I also try to switch in "rendering": "solo software mercury playback engine" when I put that, to edit take me a lot of time, also to expoter like 5 time more to export a little project but export in that wat I see the video well, without any problem.

Premiere Pro 24.3

2019 MacBook MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

Screenshot 2024-05-07 alle 12.10.00.png

Screenshot 2024-05-07 alle 12.16.10.png

   

Screenshot 2024-05-20 alle 09.58.22.png

Screenshot 2024-05-20 alle 16.48.24.png

   

Screenshot 2024-05-20 alle 17.18.37.png

Screenshot 2024-05-20 alle 18.01.18.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me as well I have the same problem from like 2/3 month in Premiere Pro. When I edit, when I export and also when I make proxies by media encoder I always get that screen.
I'm using a Macbook Pro 2019, I9, 32gb Ram with last firmware of Sonoma.

Screenshot 2024-05-07 alle 12.10.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solituin to this? I'm having the same problem here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Team is investigating as mentioned by Kevin Monahan

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely dealing with the same thing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Giuliano37629248uf02,

Thanks for the bug report. I looked at your specs, and your system requirements show that your GPU needs 2GB of VRAM. Your iGPU only has 1536MB VRAM. That could be at the heart of your issue. Try transcoding the H.264 and HEVC footage to an editing codec, like ProRes or ProRes LT. You can also try reducing the amount of GPU-accelerated effects. By doing one or both of these things, your workflow should be a lot smoother.

My other advice is to invest in a newer computer. The one you have is now five years old, which is about the time when most editors update hardware to remain current with system requirements.

I hope these ideas help you with this issue. Let the community know how it goes.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin. I mean is also strange because right now I'm working with my old laptop (Asus) like I bought that 6 years ago and in Premiere working better with this old laptop. Same version of Premiere but working with a much older and less powerful computer and working better, that's why I say it's strange, as if it were a bug. Anyway thanks for reply the question and also I will try to do that, do you know how I can do that you say from Premiere Pro? Thanks 🙏 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Giuliano37629248uf02

Thanks for the reply. You have made an interesting comparison between the two computers. If you could tell me the specs of the PC, that may help me find a solution for you. Knowing more about the media would also help, as would a test with any non-H.264/HEVC media.

Take Care,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_3668.jpg

Votes

Translate