• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Premiere Pro 24 Video Preview Glitch

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening on all of my premiere pro projects. Started when I updated to Premiere 2024. When I look at a video in either source or the timeline, it glitches (see photo). I haven't found anyway to view my footage. The only way to see the real video is by playing the video. This makes it impossible to color correct or colorgrade footage. Please help fix this, it basically is preventing me from editing. 

Premiere Pro 24.3

2019 MacBook MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.18.44 PM.png

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Hello @Pedro Deltell Colomer,

Thanks for the screenshots, media, and system info.

• Has this footage worked in your system in the past?
  • Is it possible to try the Beta version?
  • Do proxies or transcodes work?

Let us know what happens after trying these things. I hope the developers or the community can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Hi @Pedro Deltell Colomer and @Mariana301932735yrg,
The team is investigating this issue now. Sorry for the hassle.

The information you provided was super helpful!

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 100 Replies 100
100 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test in Resolve first, of course. As a daily user of both apps, and participant on the BM "house" forums, LGG, and the MixingLight boards, there have been issues of GPU bonking on some Mac rigs in both Premiere and Resolve.

Part of the issue may be dust buildup causing overheating in some of the Macbook Pros, but ... there's something else going on also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the problem briefly after transitioning to beta, but it did appear again. It seems it happens mostly on clips that I have an effect on, stabilized, or a fade to black. It happens immediately after removing the effect or altering the clip again in some way. Working on a 5 year old Macbook Pro i9 Graphics 630 1536 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere pro 24 has become un-useable.

For the past month, and despite daily efforts to troubleshoot, there has been no solution. 

durring playback my there is constant white screens, and glitching, then durring my exports regardless of the export settings there is more constant glitches in my export. i hve lost hours if not days on these issues, have followed every trouble shooting guid i can find. reset my prefrences, cache, un-installed and re-installed adobe, done first aid on my computer and hard drives, and more. I feel like this might push me to resolve finally after 8+ years of adobe. Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 2.11.39 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-06-12 at 4.22.28 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-06-09 at 10.36.13 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except that this is also occurring on some Macs, especially MacBooks, in Resolve also.

So it may be a system issue on those rigs. And yea, it's a killer alright.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something similar was happening to me. I thought it was an issue with the Graphics Card so I had Adobe check out my computer along with Apple. They reset my iMac to Ventura OS so it seems to be exclusively a Sonoma issue. There was a beta update of Sonoma recently, has that changed anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I thought when I was dealing with a similar issue until I had Apple reset my iMac to Factory settings then I downloaded and went back to Ventura OS and the glitches went away completely. It was 100% Sonoma because my computer and graphics card, according to everyone who looked at it, was fine.

This was my orignal post:

This is my first time posting one of these types of questions. I know how detailed people need to be in order to get informed responses so please bear with me in the comments as I get back to you the computer specs that are requested. For now, here is the issue: Only recently have my h.264 exports had this weird black and white glitch that FLASHES at random. It doesn't seem to show up in Premiere Pro (though I have seen it once) so it's not an issue on the timeline. This is the before...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1motgUhyqbtjynKSE7Btt5R0FYTu-Ifyo/view?usp=sharing

These are the after...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ArbcHcNh6bQ8hErbZMhE2ATQFzoLvR3H/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yPH5L2gUpsEYT-or5DHcWPCJdsjas83x/view?usp=sharing

Here are the preset specs I HAVE been using (yielding the glitch)...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MIEGWwW-h8aQHskNfZAMgajbQ-vxdkYX/view?usp=sharing

And these are the preset specs I TESTED that seemed to be glitch free...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YgApE9UJygwT86B_TJdEDNn-8vrwmWEg/view?usp=sharing

Something seems to change between the "GLITCHY 1280x720 preset" and the "NON-GLITCHY 4K preset" but my untrained eye can't seem to figure out the root issue and I'd love to be able to export the smaller-sized videos again without the glitches so let me know what I can look into to figure this out.

System Specs...

• Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7

• Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB

• Memory: 128 GB 2133 MHz DDR4

• Startup Disk: Macintosh HD

• MacOS: Sonoma 14.4.1

Software Specs...

• Premiere Pro 24.3

• Media Encoder 24.3

Footage Specs...

• Kind: QuickTime Movie

• Dimensions: 3840x2160

• Codecs: Timecode, Linear PCM, H.264

• Frame Rate: 29.97

Order of Issues...

• Editing in Premiere Pro (no issues)

• Original files all 3840x2160 .MOV with 29.97 Frame Rate

• Edited in a 3840x2160 timeline with 29.97 Frame Rate

• Sent to Media Encoder with 1280x720 aspect ratio, H.264 Format, and 29.97 Frame Rate

• Final MP4 has BLACK AND WHITE GLITCHES

Again, there are going to be questions about specs that will remind me of other differences so please be patient with me as I answer any inquires in the comments. Thank you so much.

SMALL UPDATE: I'm noticing the issue might be specifically linked with the aspect ratio as I exported using the 4K settings but changing ONLY the aspect ratio and the glitches returned with a vengeance. Still experimenting.

SECOND UPDATE: While every version of 1280x720 h.264 export I tried through Media Encoder yielded the glitch, I switched the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only and the glitching seems to have disappeared. Is there an obvious root issue here? And can I eventually switch back to GPU Acceleration or will I have to endure the x2 exporting time from now on to avoid glitches? I wanna try and figure out EXACTLY what's happening.

THIRD UPDATE: I took my iMac in to Apple to have it evaluated and they said the Graphics Card isn't showing any signs of deterioration. Not sure what has changed all of a sudden. I uninstalled Adobe and got rid of all the presets and folders I could find but the issue persits. The only thing I haven't done yet is Reset the entire computer to factory settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man you can't do nothing, just sell you Imac or macbook. I have this problem from like 3-4 months. I tried everything to reset the system, to reset premiere, to downgrade premiere nothing, everything the same, problem still there. I also did many test on my macbook and the result all are good, I also took my macbook to apple store and also from there the macbook looks great, nothing wrong but the bug is still there. Adobe team say that they are working on that from like 2 months haaha
It's ridicolus, incredible because I paid my macbook like more than 4 thousand euros, It's a very expensive macbook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue intermittently / randomly after coming back to Premiere after it was out focus or minimized for a period of time. Restarting the app still incurs the same problem. Rebooting my 2019 MBP (Sonoma 14.5) seems to fix it each time. Still annoying but at least the fix is consistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2024 Jun 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday the glitch was not there (I could see the screen when paused perfectly clear) and then today the glitch was back again (black and white glitch screen and when I paused video in the timeline, I could not see anything on the screen).

Is there going to be a perment fix to this problem?Screenshot 2024-06-29 at 1.51.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2024 Jun 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a daily user of Resolve, and participant on their forums, I've seen a few Sonoma-based Mac users post similar things. I'm wondering if there is some issue with the GPUs, and Sonoma, for heavy video post work. Just a guess, but seems possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has just happened to me after a crash while grading footage. All was working fine, crash happened and when I reopened the project all my footage looks like this. It will play when I press spacebar, however it glitches out when paused and when I export the video file looks the same way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset my NVRAM and it resolved the issue for me. (turn off Mac, power back on while holding CMD+OPT+P+R until computer restarts and chimes again, release keys)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry is just for the moment. The problem will back soon. I tried everything also to reset the NVRAM, to reset the macbook system, to reset everything but nothing work. Hope for you is gonna be everything okay. I have this kinf of problem from february

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holding cmd+Opt+P+R on mac at restart solved the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-This doesn’t happen right away, just after having Premiere open and running for a bit. But high quality footage always ends up glitchy in the program and source windows. *see photos*

-Additionally, these glitches sometimes randomly appear when creating proxies.

-Furthermore, these glitches appear only on certain shots when exporting from Premiere.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is this a Premiere problem, or is my system just getting old?

SYSTEM SPECS:

Processor: 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9

Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

Memory 128 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

MacOS: Sonoma 14.4.1

Thank you 🙂

normal:

Screenshot 2024-07-04 at 6.28.28 PM.jpg

glitches:

Screenshot 2024-07-04 at 3.08.33 PM.jpgScreenshot 2024-07-04 at 3.09.04 PM.jpg

proxies:

Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 11.21.17 AM.jpg

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make sure that you have the most up to date version of Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kmotion31,

We're sorry about the poor experience. We're aware of a similar preview glitch issue & are currently working on it. For testing purposes, would you mind switching the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only to check if it's working properly?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This WORKS! ben@cacpro.com @Jimmy De Bock THANK YOU!!!!

Hold cmd+Opt+P+R on mac at restart solved the issue for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this issue... on one clip alone I'm getting several frames of glitched out video which isn't replicated on export but makes viewing in the program monitor very difficult. This has been since Premiere updated. Sometimes I wonder if Adobe fix more things than problems they introduce? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a Mac running Sonoma perchance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something else I found in my case: I've been using a 5k LG display and it has apparently been causing performance issues. I've been running it at full resolution and just scaled it back to default settings and that has increased my performance, I've also changed from Apple's motion wallpaper/screensaver to a static background. I have also reduced motion in accesibility settings. These have all seemed to help stability and performance. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening to me for a couple of months now and I think i've deduced it to be an over-heating issue. I propped my macbook up with two textbooks and put a room fan behind it making sure there was airflow underneath the laptop. This really helped when I had to render out long, graphic intensive videos on premiere. I also took my macbook to the genius bar and asked them to check for dust and do a cleaning. They said my macbooks interior fan was caked in dust and they cleaned it out for free. Since then i haven't had any of these glitches show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue on files that worked perfectly a few days ago. Looking forward to a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is mainly on some MacBooks or other Macs, typically Sonoma also. A few users have noted that dust around the inside of the unit was lowering airflow, and got some better at least from cleaning.

Another noted that they put their Macbook on a couple books around the edges and put a small fan behind it, and the issue went away.

So ... it may be a heat issue for the GPU there. Maybe ... possibly ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to all! The cmd+Opt+P+R on mac at restart solved the issue for me, at least for now...

Votes

Translate

Translate