• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro 24.5 keeps crashing

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier Pro 24.5 keeps crashing on Mac 14.5 (Sonoma) on startup. I've uninstalled and installed app 3 times (including preferences) and restarted computer.

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Hi Memph,

Frustrating! 

Did PPro 24.4 work fine on this system? Other than the PPro version, what else has changed, since PPro last worked well on this system? Confirming: You've deleted (moved) preferences, yes?

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and when I run the Adobe troubleshooting program that is suggested upon crash, it offers a solution that tells me there is a new version available yet I've downloaded and installed the latest version. help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Memph,

Frustrating! 

Did PPro 24.4 work fine on this system? Other than the PPro version, what else has changed, since PPro last worked well on this system? Confirming: You've deleted (moved) preferences, yes?

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure which version last worked. It's been about six months or maybe a bit more since I last used premiere pro on my system (was busy on non-video projects for a bit). Haven't ever had an issue with it in the past and keep my adobe apps generally up to date.

Yes, deleted preferences upon uninstall. Also checked Docs folder and deleted any old preferences stored there. Emptied trash and restarted computer.

Running on: MacBook Pro 14-inch, 2023, Apple M2 Max, 32 GB, Sonoma 14.5

Premiere opens ok. 

Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 11.26.35.png

Runs into error when I get to step of navigating to folder with a file to open. Don't get to step of selecting file...error happens upon navigating to folder.

Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 11.26.53.png

Here's the really odd part. Even though I have the newest version installed (see first screen shot above), it tells me that there is a newer version available. I have checked and removed all preferences I can find. I have tried the recommended preferences reset. I have updated and deleted and restarted and tried again with newest version of app. I just tried going back one version to 24.4.1 and same thing happened. Below is after reinstalling newest version 24.5.

image.png

Thanks for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just opened an older project (.prproj) in 24.5, created December 2022 and so far things are stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate