• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro deleting my files! Help

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I need help on a serious issue that keeps happening during the last few days. The issue is that in the middle of my work, some of the files in my project go offline. Then when I try to relink them, it says that there's a generic error. Then I try to find those clips in Finder and they're gone! They don't exist. They're not in the trash can. When I tried downloading the missing files again and copying to the same directory there was another error (attached pic). I am really panicking because I'm an editor and it's a serious issue. The files were on the external HDD, I thought that the HDD is faulty and copied everything to another one but the same thing happened. I'm using Mac Studio M2 32GB 1TB and Premiere PRO 2024 (happened on a previous version too). Did anybody have the same issue?? 

Thanks

Screenshot at Oct 18 10-04-01.png

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Import and ingest , Projects or collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

@jstrawn thanks
I may have found a solution. All drives were formatted as NTFS. I switched to Paragon from Tuxera this morning and it seems to have resolved the issue. But I would be very greatful if you can check it with the product team anyway. Btw, I've found a comment here in the Adobe community posted by a guy who described absolutely the same issue like mine. But it was a year ago and had no answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
7 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this happened on 4 different hard drives, two different machines (mac studio m2 and macbook pro m1), premire pro versions and osx's...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BogdanCvejic This sounds like a very urgent problem for you. Let me check with the product teams and see if there is any known cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jstrawn thanks
I may have found a solution. All drives were formatted as NTFS. I switched to Paragon from Tuxera this morning and it seems to have resolved the issue. But I would be very greatful if you can check it with the product team anyway. Btw, I've found a comment here in the Adobe community posted by a guy who described absolutely the same issue like mine. But it was a year ago and had no answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to us @BogdanCvejic. You're right that reading from NTSF drives on Mac hardware using their own OS tools is not going to be very reliable. I'm glad you found a solution and I've marked your own answer correct. If possible, please paste the link to this thread into that other post you found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jstrawnYou're welcome. I hope this is the solution indeed. 🙂
Here's the link, last comment is the one I'm talking about.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/premiere-pro-deleted-all-of-my-original-vide...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just got the same problem with:
SanDisk 1TB
Format: ExFAT
Premiere Pro 2024

Screenshot 2023-11-18 at 12.11.35.png

All files that have been used into the sequence just got dissapeard from SSD.
Other imported files are still present.
This is a second time that it's happening to me! 

Screenshot 2023-11-18 at 12.14.40.png

Any permanent solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These are the error messages that first appears:
Screenshot 2023-11-18 at 12.23.19.pngThen the files went offline.

Screenshot 2023-11-18 at 12.30.23.png

And when you check your SSD, the files dissapeared.

First Aid is showing no errors with SSD:

Screenshot 2023-11-18 at 12.27.31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate