• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro downloading all my One Drive videos

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Qiite often, when I begin a Premire Pro project, it will automatically trigger  ALL my One Drive video files to automatically download off the cloud. Not just the ones I am importing, but all of them. ANd I don't have to be importing a file for it to happen, it just seems to happen. 

I haven't been able to find a solution anywhere.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Import and ingest

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

PPro has no direct integration with OneDrive, and is not triggering any OneDrive behaviors that don't also apply to your whole system. 

PPro scans the paths of media in a project, and will scan the project's path for media; perhaps you have OneDrive configured in such a way, that such scanning provokes download? 

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

>it will automatically trigger  ALL my One Drive video files to automatically download off the cloud.

That suggests that OneDrive is downloading them, based on PPro scanning that directory for import-able files.

PPro has no influence over OneDrive's response to that directory access, and there's no way to prevent PPro from trying. 

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
10 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PPro has no direct integration with OneDrive, and is not triggering any OneDrive behaviors that don't also apply to your whole system. 

PPro scans the paths of media in a project, and will scan the project's path for media; perhaps you have OneDrive configured in such a way, that such scanning provokes download? 

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, we looked at all that. the only time it does it is Ppro. Not Ai, ID etc, or any other program. All I do is drag some content in from One Drive for a specific project, and as soon as I do that, One Drive starts dowloading all of me vids I have ever worked in PPro with.  I am wondering whether it has something to do with the Local and Home Import folder on Ppro, which I never used, but see,s to be linked to all my One Drive stuff. There seems to be no way to unlink it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>it will automatically trigger  ALL my One Drive video files to automatically download off the cloud.

That suggests that OneDrive is downloading them, based on PPro scanning that directory for import-able files.

PPro has no influence over OneDrive's response to that directory access, and there's no way to prevent PPro from trying. 

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can I stop PPro from scanning them? Doesn't happen in any other program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it only started happening in October 2023. Was totally fine before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can I stop PPro from scanning them?

No; as mentioned, there's no mechanism to prevent PPro from trying.

What changed about your OneDrive settings, in October 2023?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing. Have goine back and checked. Wonder if there was a PPro update around that time? Anyway, whatever is causing it, it;s only with PPro and it's a pain. Have been using it with One Drive for years. May have to try something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see this discussed, so I'll ask: What are your OneDrive sync settings? If you pause syncing, does this change the behavior?

I don't understand why this would happen only with PR no matter the sync settings, but, for example, there are settings for downloading all files or downloading a file the first time it is opened. Mostly curious: I stayed logged out of OneDrive, so I would not see syncing even if I had files there.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have offloaded multiple video and audio files from my computer to OneDrive. Today, I opened Adobe Premiere for the first time ever and clicked on the folder where I store videos. Instead of showing the files that are in the folder, Premiere started searching the folder, and files started automatically downloading which I didn't want. Why can't Premiere simply show the files that are in the folder? Nero Video can access the same folder without launching downloads of multiple files that I don't need on my drive anymore and don't have enough room on my drive to store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why can't Premiere simply show the files that are in the folder?

The best approach to avoiding such behavior is to not use a file syncing service like OneDrive, on folders containing media in active use.

I'm not sure what Nero Video is doing, but those OneDrive downloads are provoked by PPro calling OS system APIs; we have no control over the interactions between OneDrive and the OS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate