• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro was working on my Mac. Then I erased the HD and reinstalled my OS. Now it won't work?

Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all. 

Apparently my processor isn't good enough for Premiere. Weird, it was until yesturday. Anyone know how I can install? My Mac is:

16", 2019 touch bar, 

2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Thanks 🙂

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Graphics , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RjL190365 might know the specifics. Is it your graphics card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this on the System Requirements: 

Note:  it is not possible to install the 24.x versions on Intel® 3rd Generation of processors or older (as well as older AMD processors).

Here's the requirements page: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which version of macOS is that MacBook Pro running? The 2024 versions of Premiere Pro now require macOS 12 (Monterey) or newer in order to even install at all. Your MacBook may be currently running MacOS 10.15 (Catalina), which is what your MacBook originally shipped with, or macOS 11 (Big Sur), which is why Premiere Pro would not install at all. If you're still running Catalina, then none of the currently supported versions of Premiere Pro will even install at all! This signifies that you might have never updated macOS at all.

Therefore, you MUST update your system's macOS before you can even install Premiere Pro at all. The current version of macOS stands at version 14.3.1 (the latest build of Sonoma).

Votes

Translate

Translate