• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Production Panel only sorts what is visible in the window's size when first launched

Participant ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first open a Premiere Production, the panel is as big as it is. what's nice is it remembers what folders I had twirled down, etc. The issue is I default to having the Date Modified column as the sort so my latest projects are at the top of the folder. If I have more projects in the folder than show in the panel, it only seems to sort the VISIBLE projects. If I expand the panel, it re-sorts so I can see my latest project up top, but it seems like this should just sort everything in the folders whether they're visible or not, no?

Steps describing how to encounter the bug.

1. Have a Premiere Production that has enough projects in a folder to go below the bottom of the panel at launch

2. Be sure to sort the production panel by Date Modified with the latest project up top and the folder twirled open

3. Close and re-open production so all that's open is the Production Panel with the folder twirled down and the Date Modified column sorted. (further context here: https://youtu.be/vb1MsN1Yi14)

4. Notice that the top-most project in the folder is (likely) not the latest. To confirm, expand the panel and see the projects re-sort based on what's visible in the panel

What should have happened? The projects should be sorted by Date Modified regardless of whether they're visible in the panel or not

What actually happened? The panel is only sorting visible projects in the panel

Do you have any third-party plug-ins or panels installed (even if they aren't being used when you encounter the bug)? Several. Attached screen shots for reference:

Effect pluiginsEffect pluiginsExtension PanelsExtension Panels

Please include your hardware specs and the exact name and version of your operating system.

Included in my signature.

-- Current system (May 2024): MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2021 Apple M1 Max 64 GB RAM macOS 14.5 (23F79) | Premiere Pro 24.5.0 (build 57)
Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Performance or Stability , Projects or collaboration , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Nice bug steps! We'll have a look.

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice bug steps! We'll have a look.

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Y'all rock. Thanks!

-- Current system (May 2024): MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2021 Apple M1 Max 64 GB RAM macOS 14.5 (23F79) | Premiere Pro 24.5.0 (build 57)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the detailed report! We're tracking the issue and will keep this thread informed with any updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate