Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program monitor disappears when exporting to Media Encoder

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Issue - The following occurs in both my work PC and home PC, using a 2 monitor system with custom workspace in both locations. I can only give details of my work machine at the moment. My Program Monitor in the right hand monitor space disappears after I export to Media Encoder, which also sits in my right hand monitor.

Adobe Premiere Pro version number: 23.5.0 (Build 56)

Operating system - Windows 11 Pro version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 

System Info: CPU, GPU, RAM, HD:

CPU 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900, 2400 Mhz, 16 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)

GPU and Driver Version: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Version 31.0.15.3640

RAM 64.0Gb

Hard Drive: SSD 2Tb

Monitors: AOC at work, Phillips at home.

Video format: h.264 1080p25/50

Workflow details: single or dual camera depending on the job (funeral services), but the issue happens with every export at work and home. 

Steps to reproduce - Export the job to Media Encoder > start encoding to Mp4 (h.264 1080p25). Return to Premiere Pro and my right-hand monitor's window (floating Program Monitor) disappears. 

Expected result - Both Premiere Pro windows of my custom workspace should have remained viewable.

Actual result -  Program Monitor window disappears. I have to choose a standard workspace, then choose my custom workspace for both windows to reappear.

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Hello @austind69658590@Elwoodjblues1, and @Agh27174342iz3y,

Please provide the team with more info about your system, media, and version numbers so they can set up a repro case. See, How do I write a bug report?

I hope we can help you soon.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
28 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you docked the program monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As simply a practical comnent, Premiere doesn't work well if the Program monitor is not on the same monitor and panel group that the main app "window", with menu bar, is in/on.

I've got 9 custom workspaces, I move things around in them. But I just leave the Program monitor where it starts. May shrink it to near nothing and use the Reference monitor on another panel or floating.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil, I have been using this same workspace for over 5 years with zero issues appearing until this latest update, which seems to carry a lot of bugs where individual preferences, sizing and workspaces are concerned.

I just prefer a full screen program monito on me second screen, which means it has to remain floating, but as I said, no previous issues until this update.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Transmit Out for the full clean screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil, where is that located please? I can't see it in the Windows section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course not!  Lol

It's in the Preferences Display tab. And you select which monitor gets the feed.

You can even set a keyboard shortcut for it, search for Transmit in the keyboard shorts dialog.

I've got it set to Shift-C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil, if it's stable, I will try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally stable. That's the intended use, and it's only full screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

I can't find that under Preferences. There is no Display tab or section under Preferences, and nothing like mthat under Window. Could you please send a screen shot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Playback tab ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Neil, I found it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with a dual monitor setup so I can keep things separate and organized. I usually never need to use media encoder, but I have a big project with lots of videos so I wanted to use it in this situation.

After sending to media encoder, premiere removes the window in my second monitor leaving me with just the one window. The only way to get this back is to switch to a different workspace, and then switch back again. This is a huge waste of time. I've never had an issue with premiere/media encoder breaking my workspaces until today. So now every time I send a video to media encoder, I have to reset my workspace so I can continue working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 4 monitors connected to my computer. 3 for working and one monitor as a player. I have created some customized workspaces for this. But it happens regularly when I send one or more timelines to the media encoder that the current workspace changes without being asked. This usually means that the panels that I have in the right monitor and occasionally in the left monitor disappear. It happens so often that I have saved the command "Reset to Savend Layout" as a shortcut on my keyboard. It's a small error but as annoying as a stone in my shoe. I'm Using 24.1.0 Build 85

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem started a few months ago. If you work with undocked panels (crucial on dual or ultrawide monitor setups), those panels disappear after you send a sequence to media encoder.

1. Premiere 24.1.0 but has persisted across the last few versions

2. Windows 10 Pro 22H2 19045.4046

3. Have a project open with undocked panels in Edit mode. Send a clip or sequence to Export mode, which changes the workspace and closes your panels. Send the export to Media Encoder.

4. The workspace returns to Edit mode, and you would expect your undocked panels to return, but instead they remain closed. To get them back you have to either reset the workspace, or switch to a different workspace then back again.

This only happens when you send to Media Encoder. If you switch back to Edit mode without exporting, or if you export directly from Premiere, your undocked panels return as expected. Not a major bug but definitely an annoying quirk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @austind69658590@Elwoodjblues1, and @Agh27174342iz3y,

Please provide the team with more info about your system, media, and version numbers so they can set up a repro case. See, How do I write a bug report?

I hope we can help you soon.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gerätename WorkingMan2
Prozessor AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D 16-Core Processor 4.20 GHz
Installierter RAM 64,0 GB (63,2 GB verwendbar)
Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 23H2
Installiert am ‎24.‎11.‎2023
Using 24.1.0 Build 85

NVIDIA GeForce RTX4070

Premiere Version 24.5.0 (Build 57)

Media Encoder Version 24.5 (Build50)

Harddrivers: Internal SSD for project Files  and for the Video Files a G-Speed Shuttle Thunderbold 3

how the error looks like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2024 Aug 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using a mult-monitor workspace (three monitors, in my case), sending an export to Media Encoder results in the two side monitors vanishing. The only way to recover the workspace is to select a different workspace and then select the desired workspace again. Just before reporting this, I updated to PP 24.6 and tested it. Same issue persists.

Note: the issue does not occur when exporting directly out of PP.

Specs:

Windows 10 Enterprise (10.0.19045 Build 19045

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X

3700 Mhz

128 GB memory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2024 Aug 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated Premiere to version 24.6.0 (Build86). The problem still exists. It's not coming up everytime. But every second or third time I want to send one or more clips to the media encoder for rendering. I have not yet recognised any pattern behind this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2024 Aug 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Premiere Pro > Bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2024 Aug 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a hunch what the problem could be related to. When I switch from the ‘Edit’ to the ‘Export’ tab, the Premiere interface is automatically reduced to the main monitor. If I switch back to ‘Edit’ without an export, I get to see my previously set view. My guess is that after sending to the Media Encorder it forgets that it has to display workspaces in the other monitors and only restores what was visible on the main monitor. I have tested it with three different multi-monitor workspaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2024 Aug 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alt/Shift/Zero restores the workspace, but really, it shouldn't have to.

Same sort of problem I have with the 50 or so templates I use.

I have my bins arranged with specific view properties, such as descending order for music bin, but all video content bins are in icon view, sorted by label.

Trouble is, since about two updates ago, my templates don't remember their bin views, but revert to List view by default, so I have to waste a good 30 seconds each time I start a new edit, rearranging the bins as I require them.

Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2024 Aug 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem, not in Export tab but in New Project panel.
When I was opening a project, and created a new project, all floating panel was disapeared.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 64,0 GB 
OS Windows 11 Pro
Version 23H2 22631.4037
NVIDIA GeForce RTX3060 TI

Premiere Version 24.6 (Build 86)

Media Encoder Version 24.6 (Build 74)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2024 Sep 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here looking for this very problem. I would like to add that when you export directly from Premiere, sometimes my undocked panels DO NOT return as expected and I have to reset the workspace which sometimes does not come back with the right sequence in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2024 Sep 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Abbottoklus,

Thanks for filing the bug. Does this sound like your issue? https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/program-monitor-disappears-when-exporting-to-media-....

If so, I will merge the posts.

Thanks,

Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate