Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program monitor disappears when exporting to Media Encoder

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Issue - The following occurs in both my work PC and home PC, using a 2 monitor system with custom workspace in both locations. I can only give details of my work machine at the moment. My Program Monitor in the right hand monitor space disappears after I export to Media Encoder, which also sits in my right hand monitor.

Adobe Premiere Pro version number: 23.5.0 (Build 56)

Operating system - Windows 11 Pro version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 

System Info: CPU, GPU, RAM, HD:

CPU 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900, 2400 Mhz, 16 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)

GPU and Driver Version: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Version 31.0.15.3640

RAM 64.0Gb

Hard Drive: SSD 2Tb

Monitors: AOC at work, Phillips at home.

Video format: h.264 1080p25/50

Workflow details: single or dual camera depending on the job (funeral services), but the issue happens with every export at work and home. 

Steps to reproduce - Export the job to Media Encoder > start encoding to Mp4 (h.264 1080p25). Return to Premiere Pro and my right-hand monitor's window (floating Program Monitor) disappears. 

Expected result - Both Premiere Pro windows of my custom workspace should have remained viewable.

Actual result -  Program Monitor window disappears. I have to choose a standard workspace, then choose my custom workspace for both windows to reappear.

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Hello @austind69658590@Elwoodjblues1, and @Agh27174342iz3y,

Please provide the team with more info about your system, media, and version numbers so they can set up a repro case. See, How do I write a bug report?

I hope we can help you soon.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
28 Comments
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2024 Sep 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this thread is almost exactly descibing the issue; switch to Export in Premiere and when the export starts and switches back to the Edit workspace, the undocked panels are no longer open. I have to click on Reset to Saved Layout to return the panels to the workspace. Since all of my panels are undocked I end up with a workspace with nothing in it. This started the same time as the Edit and Export shortcuts were added to the workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 11, 2024 Sep 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-MonahanHey Kevin, yes it looks like the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2024 Sep 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Updating the status of this bug report.

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate