• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Panel Ignores Workspace Position

Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since 13.1.0 I've noticed the project panel sporadically will ignore the last place you docked it, even if you save your workspace. Having saved it in the upper left corner of the UI, upon re-launching Premiere it's frequently docked in a lower left panel, even after selecting "Reset to Saved Layout".
Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
32 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but the metadata profile got reverted by default !! It stinks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are a long ways into the Creative Cloud era, and you'd think that these Panel positioning issues would be resolved, but nope. The *ONLY* way I've found to keep Panels where you put them is by docking them inside the Application Frame. I assume Adobe would rather we keep everything within that frame, since they can control things like ordering, maximizing, etc, properly (instead of splicing it with the overarching OS windowing), but the big problems there are a.) maximized panels OFTEN jut in over your workspace, so you're constantly readjusting your view to see clearly or minimizing the panels, only to need them again seconds later and b.) (and this is arguably the biggest issue) the Application Frame can't span multiple monitors. So if you have a mammoth curved wide-screen, you could probably make an Application Frame workspace to hold everything everywhere all-at-once, but until then, EVERY. SINGLE. TIME the monitors get recognized by the system in sequence when waking from sleep, the apps will get confused (or stopped midway) in putting them back. In a way, I get it: Say you have a laptop hooked up to dual monitors, and your panels placed just as you like them. You put the laptop to sleep, go elsewhere, wake up the laptop, and now the app needs to find some way to translate those multimonitor locations into one screen (or maybe a different external screen, or multiple external screens). So their solution is to set up a Workspace for each location, which yes, you can do, but the apps are NEVER smart enough to figure out where they are. So it's up to you the user to reset things all the time. If they could make the Workspaces location-aware (and yes, allow to turn off for privacy), I think a lot of these issues would go away. Then even if one of my monitors is powered down accidentally, the app would know "hey, I'm at his home office. There's supposed to be a second monitor here. Maybe I'll place the panels where they are supposed to be, and an optional dialog of "hey, I see you're in a saved location but with a different monitor set-up. Do you want to keep your old setup, or revert to Default and configure for this new setup?" Easy-peasy (says the guy who's never programmed a thing in his life).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always disabled multiple projects until they killed that workaround.  Now I can't keep my project folder in the upper left.  Thanks for the tip about using the media browser as an anchor for the project folder.  I'm hoping this continues to work until they fix this bug.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!!!  This is ridiculous.  Just about as stupid as waiting for an import fix for CMYK in After Effects.  Literally been waiting two decades for a CMYK import option.  I swear they don't care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the solution of adding an additional window next to the Program tab was short-lived. The program window is again moving back to the lower left each time I start a new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, I've been using After Effects and Premiere for 25 years - this is a BIG deal.  Please listen and fix.  The project panel disappears.... and reappears up in the upper right instead of the saved workspace position of far left, which is what my custom workspace is saved as.  Simply put:

THE PROJECT FOLDER LOCATION IGNORES ITS SAVED WORKSPACE LOCATION - fix finally, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For real though- They can create cutting edge technology but can't seem to get a functioning workspace... This is beyond annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate