• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selection tool to drag the square up no longer moves view of your video tracks upwards

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(TLDR; watch the attached video file for an easier understanding of my problem)

In Premiere 2020 which I have been using because of this "bug" or removed feature, you were able to click and hold on the timeline with your selection tool to "draw" a square selection.

I edit with over 7 video tracks, and not all of them are visible because I have so many; so what the selection tool used to do when "drawing" a square upwards (and out of the view) is that it would essentially do the same that it does if you scroll up on the track (so it'd make V1, V2, V3 which were in view, go out of view and show V4, V5, V6 for example)

In the video I have attached, I'm trying to show you what I mean. Please tell me this is a bug or that I am missing some settings to allow it 😞 Why would this only work on the audio track and no longer the video track????

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here I am doing the same thing in Premiere 2020, where you can see that it works the way I want.
Premiere 2023/2024 does not work, like shown in the main post video.

I want it to work like it did in 2020 because of how much easier it is to use while editing for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi andrèk80831531,

Sorry about the poor experience. We're able to reproduce this at our end & will try our best to get this addressed as soon as possible.

Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

-Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't wait for a fix, it has been bothering me a lot more than it should.
Looking forward to finally being able to use newer versions and not sticking with a 2020 version of Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2 updates or so later, still not fixed :(...

Votes

Translate

Translate