• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Documentation Issues - Summary June 2024

Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This month's collection of unresolved documentation issues. May's list is here.

Poor Documentation / multiple issues with documentaiton on Colour Management.

Poor documentation / lack of detail for Caption Tracks.

Lack of documentation on Info Panel.

Lack of documentation on date metadata (... or any kind of metadata for that matter).

Poor documentation / lack of detail for Scale Motion Effects Proportionally.
(and an entertaining presentation by PaulMurphy)

Known Issue not documented for users: H265 encoding on Mac silicon.

(Edit: This does seem to be documented in Known Issues June 2023 (Version 23.5), and apparently affects more than just Apple silicon).

Known Issue not documented for users: duplicate frame markers on short height tracks.

Known Issue not documented for users: morph cuts causing crashes on Intel Macs.

Known Issue not documented for users: colour labels (text).

Known Issue not documented for users: text panel and playhead issue.

This list is not comprehenisve; additions of other recent problems could be made.

Note one Adobe employee did suggest at the beginning of the month “If you want to check the documentation, please wait for the 24.5 Release version.” Though his meaning was unclear, 24.5 has been released and no documentation was made on the issue in that thread.

@Kevin-Monahan 
(documentation issues)
(not sure who else I should @ to call attention to this)

R.

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work daily in both PrPro and Resolve. BOTH have documentation issues, but about the opposite cause.

Adobe's documentation efforts are low-end, as in, very little there, if anything, and will be more a list of a few things you could do with something, than giving you exactly what something does, with alternate methods of application given in examples.

The latter would be actually, you know, useful ... ah well.

BM prepares a 4,000+ page pdf file,  with a bare TOC at the beginning, no index ... and is exhaustive in covering many functions and options of the program. However, as so many things have an "exclusive BlackMagic" name attached, like "power windows" for masks ... 

... if you don't know their name for something you will never find it! 

So you waste time in Adobe's documentation before giving up because they don't have what you need, and wasted time in Resolve's documentation before you give up because you can't find what you need.

I suppose in general I prefer Resolve's no-index, oddly named but overkill docs to Premiere's.

And thanks for pointing this out, month by month, glaringly obvious ... 

@francis-crossman 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And your comments especially in the color management documentation are quite thorough, even to grammatical errors.

I appreciate both the thoroughly detailed comments you make (which "Adobe" needs to learn how to do!) and, as a former English Lit major, you understanding of proper grammar. How you say something can so affect the perceived meaning!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"... even to grammatical errors."

Grammar in itself should be respected for good technical writing. But the errors in grammar I have noted are merely a symptom of something more fundamental: carelessness.

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines