Exit

Premiere Pro Community Digest—February 2022

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Banner_03.png

Premiere Pro Community Digest - February 2022

Welcome to the Premiere Pro Community Digest for February 2022, the second rendition of our report this year. It was a short month but packed full of news, including a new release, Premiere Pro 22.2. Let's take a look back at all that happened in this report during this chilly, but action-packed month.

Latest News

AdobeStock_239244529_sm.jpgHappy February, Premiere Pro Community!

As the month of February draws to a close and March begins for the Adobe Video and Audio community, I bring you greetings and best wishes for you and your family.

First of all, I suggest you head over to the Facebook page where a lot of the news around the community is announced. Here is the link.

If you checked out the Facebook page, you'll find that community news starts off with a report about our video meetups being kickstarted for 2022. We had the Character Animator product manager, Erica Schisler leading a discussion about Character Animator called, "Animate This!" There were a few power users in the discussion, like Konee Rok, Seth Zeichner, Jim Tews, plus our own Dave Werner.

See the full presentation on Facebook at this link.

News and Blog Posts

Premiere Pro Team News
Let's take a look at some of the happenings with the Premiere Pro Team that occurred during the month of February, 2022. As I mentioned earlier, the team has a new release out that, I feel, is really solid. For the details on what's new, head on over to the User Guide's documentation on the release here.

Complete documentation for Premiere Pro 22.2 features

New Features

Fixed Issues

Known issues

Feature requests and Bug Reports are here.

Image source: Andrew Muscato.Image source: Andrew Muscato.

Premiere Pro Team Blog Posts

In this section of the newsletter, you'll find new links to the articles related to Adobe Premiere Pro and its surrounding filmmaking community. Check out two new Premiere Pro Team blog posts which were posted during February, one of which features the work of husband and wife editing team Jon Connor and Cristina Valdivieso. They produced a wonderful live performance of actor Bill Murray, which you may be interested in. The other is a breakdown of all the new features in Premiere Pro and other Adobe video and audio apps.

Blog posts for the team included the following:

For all the latest in Adobe tech news, including from Adobe Video and Audio teams, please place this link on your list of places to visit on a regular basis.

What's new?

AdobeStock_209522668_sm.jpgLatest Features: Adobe Premiere Pro (22.2)

There was a new release that occurred during the month of February. News about the release includes features that include Remix, wicked fast speech to text enhancements, and new support for hardware encoding for HEVC 4:2:0 10-bit formats. See my full post on the release here: Welcome to Premiere Pro 22.2!

Be sure to also check out the link for you to look at for each feature below. There are a few really good ones here. Documentation on the latest features is here. A detailed summary of the latest features is here

New Features - Links to each feature

Check out new techniques for Speech to Text!

Premiere Pro Beta

AdobeStock_242165194_sm.jpgBeta Features: Adobe Premiere Pro Beta

If you are like me, you can't wait for new features. So, then let's check out Premiere Pro Beta. All you have to do is download the application from the Creative Cloud application and install it. It's simple. More info here. You can try out exciting new workflows right now with the Beta. Why not check those out now? It might help you in future projects.

Features now included in Premiere Pro Beta

Make sure to check out the Premiere Pro Beta forum to see what's new or any further announcements. See these recent discussions.

Premiere Pro Beta documentation is here.

Troubleshooting

AdobeStock_50912568_sm.jpgTop Troubleshooting threads

Issues with 22.2? Here are links to articles that might solve your problem.  It's still a little early to see any issues with this release just yet, but so far, there hasn't been anything major that I have seen. There are some issues there I am noting but these two are definitely still occurring. 

• Issues with saturation and brightness and HLG footage: See this FAQ
  • Memory Preferences for M1 Macs may need adjustment: See Known issues

ACP Highlight

Featured ACP Rob ShultzFeatured ACP Rob ShultzFeatured Premiere Pro Community ACP - Rob Shultz

It's time to salute our featured Premiere Pro Community ACP for the month, Rob Shultz. Rob has been a community member since 2017 and has written over 1,525 posts with "Likes" galore awarded by users like you.

In addition to his work here as an ACP, Rob is also an Adobe Certified Trainer for Premiere Pro and After Effects. No easy feat! Congratulations on those certifications, Rob. I am eager to learn more about Rob and his life in the Chicago, Illinois area, so I asked him to share a few details. 

"I have a Bachelor's from Purdue University. Ive been an Adobe Certified Instructor in After Effects and Premiere Pro in the Chicago area for 12 years and Ive taught in 26 different states and Toronto, Canada. Ive worked in the television industry for over 25 years. Ive managed studios, directed, done lighting, producing, shooting, and editing. Ive worked on hundreds of television programs including a Billy Idol concert for Soundstage for PBS, documentaries, and an interview with late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. I very much enjoy helping Adobe users find solutions to challenges that they may be having and giving tips which may help them save valuable time while editing productions."

Thanks again, Rob! The Premiere Pro community really appreciates all you do. Have you ever been assisted by Rob? If so, drop him a note and send him a note of thanks, if you have a spare moment.

Learn Something New

AdobeStock_154760711_sm.jpgRecommended how-to content

Here are some great "How To" technique threads, videos, and other tidbits you may find compelling. Please let me know if you have a handy tutorial or technique to share with the community.

Remix Power Tip
By Adobe Video and Motion

KevinMonahan_0-1646157887252.gif

Premiere Pro Essentials 2022
By Chin Fat

Blur Transitions in Premiere Pro
By Javier Mercedes

How to do a triangle in Premiere Pro

By David Lindgren

Let's call it "a wrap" for the Premiere Pro Community Digest for February 2022. Thanks for stopping by and reading, and we'll see you next month.

Handy Links

Complete documentation for Premiere Pro 22.2 features

New Features

Fixed Issues

Known issues

Past Digests

Past Digests

Premiere Pro January 2022 Community Digest

Premiere Pro December 2021 Community Digest

Premiere Pro November 2021 Community Digest

Premiere Pro October 2021 Community Digest

Premiere Pro September 2021 Community Digest

Premiere Pro August 2021 Community Digest
Premiere Pro July 2021 Community Digest
Premiere Pro June 2021 Community Digest

Premiere Pro May 2021 Community Digest 

Premiere Pro April 2021 Community Digest
Premiere Pro March 2021 Community Digest
Premiere Pro February 2021 Community Digest

Newsletters for Other Adobe Apps
Photoshop | Lightroom | Lightroom Classic | InDesign | Illustrator

Premiere Pro Community Digest — February 2022

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?