Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Manager Error

Explorer ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Wondering if anyone else has had the same issue. Im trying to move a project from my MacBook to my iMac using the method of Project Manager; Collect files and copy to new location.

But every time I try this I get a error message saying "an unknown error occurred during the project manager operation. Please save your project and retry the operation". I tried that and still no luck.

Anyone able to shed light on the situation would be great. Or is there another way to move the project easily?

Many thanks

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

New Here , Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

I believe I have the answer for you.

I had the same error. Tried the same steps as you did, even tried a different desktop and different locations to Project manage to and didnt work I then found that if I unticked the box (Include preview files) then the project manage worked without the unknown error at the end. Hope this helps.

LuMags​

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Had the same issue and found a workaround. Made a new project an imported the main sequence from the original project in the new one. Used the project Manager on the new one and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Hi,

I had the same error today (July 24, 2019) on the latest CC update of Premiere Pro. I tried unchecking "include preview files." That didn't work. Then I went back and tried unchecking "Export Media Files to Match Clip Names." That didn't work.

Then I tried unchecking "Exclude Unused Clips." That worked. I was finally able to export the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

When i faced this issue in 99% cases it was solved by unchecking "Include Audio Conform Files"

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 111 Replies 111
Contributor ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please, I'm having the same error. Not had it before. Loads of disk space. Have rebooted in case RAM is holding something but no change. Same happens if I go to export to a local HDD instead of my removable. Latest versions of CC, Win 10, 16Gb Ram, Xeon proc.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround I'm manually copy.pasting the vid source clips + project but its not ideal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try setting the folder path to your desktop to see if might an issue with communicating or disk space or permissions with the current drive that you’re writing to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RobShultz​, thanks for the reply. I shut my computer down entirely after my reply earlier. Booted up just now (after 30 min drive to nowhere because the main road was closed and the diversion was a disaster) went to export same path as before , same error as before. Also rejects Desktop as you suggested with the same vague unhelpful error.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HERE IS YOUR ANSWER THAT ACTUALLY WORKS - NO MORE "UNKOWN ERROR"

Step 1: Export an AAF of your timeline

Step 2: Create a new project

Step 3: Import the AAF you just output

Step 4: Consolidate using the new project and AAF.

Mod note: Help for others is great, but abusive comments about Adobe were removed. Please note our community guidelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are here and have Issues with the Project Manager 
=> you should try the third party plugin PlumePack ! It is FREE for the Collect & Copy part !

PlumePack does the same job than the Project Manager : It consolidates your project into a new folder and copy/trim the media your project needs, but it has more features ! (More infos)
For the main ones (some could need a Premium license) : 
- It trims your files instead of transcoding them : so it keeps the same exact quality, same codec, same metadata ... (It is like copying a part of a file). 
- For copy only, you can choose to include or not the proxies. 

- You can choose to follow the Premiere Pro Bins structure OR the original disk structure for the final media organization in the new created folder. 

- You can rename your files from the Project Item names. 

- You can be sure that all your files have a unique name !

- For special workflows : you can export one media for each timeline clip ! (So some could be duplicated then)

Best,
Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe check if you have "special caracters" (accents #@&ç etc) in your source filenames.

If so, rename, resync in premiere and retry project manager.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PGZ@Mobibase  wrote

Maybe check if you have "special caracters" (accents #@&ç etc) in your source filenames.

If so, rename, resync in premiere and retry project manager.

Hope this helps

Now that you mention it the 123 video clips I have are titled with email addresses so have @ symbols in them. I'm too far into the project to de-bug/rename them so will have to stick to my office rig rather than export to laptop. I'll mark yours as helpful as this could well be the issue. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear, let us know if it's the case !

On the other hand, I use bluk rename freewares both on PC and Mac to "harmonize" my filenames all the time.

Then copy all your files to one folder

Then in premiere, all will be offline, just relink the first file and premiere will find the rest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, again,

I'm still getting this issue on new projects. I've gone through and renamed any @ or special character containing files as well as those in the sequence (as they dont inherit the name change, annoyingly), only 2 @'s found in my bins so that's fine. Still getting this though.

Any ideas please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Client had supplied some video files that contained a / (forward slash), premier had replaced the forward slash with a : semi-colon. I renamed the two files (deleted the special characters) and relinked the files and then Project Manager worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was my problem -- audio mixer had a file with an ampersand in it. Unchecking 'Include Audio Conform Files' hadn't worked. So thank you for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HERE IS YOUR ANSWER THAT ACTUALLY WORKS - NO MORE "UNKOWN ERROR", NO MANUAL FILE RENAMING

Step 1: Export an AAF of your timeline

Step 2: Create a new project

Step 3: Import the AAF you just output

Step 4: Consolidate using the new project and AAF.

Mod note: comments removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and tried everything I could think of. Hopefully Premiere fixes this and many other bugs soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I've never had problems consolidating media before, not sure what is going on here. Is it just a bug in PrP 2018?

I did see another thread here:  https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2206637
where the suggestion to completely delete your cache seemed to work.

Adobe, a real answer would help us out here since this is a fundamental workflow that should work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the delete media cache files, also deleted peak files.  No luck.  Still get the unexplained error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. No luck. This is a huge problem. I can't believe I'm having the same issue almost 2 years later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jerusalem,

Sorry.

Adobe, a real answer would help us out here since this is a fundamental workflow that should work properly.

These are user to user forums and the Premiere Pro team does not repond here. Make comments to that team here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I have the answer for you.

I had the same error. Tried the same steps as you did, even tried a different desktop and different locations to Project manage to and didnt work I then found that if I unticked the box (Include preview files) then the project manage worked without the unknown error at the end. Hope this helps.

LuMags​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well, thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much worked well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, this actually worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines