• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjusting or reversing speed on Sony XAVC Long footage causes artifacts since 24.4 update

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the 24.4 update I have all kinds of visual artifacts when I retime a Sony XAVC Long QFHD file and especially when reversing a clip when playing the files in Premiere. Before 24.4 this was never an issue.

For now I found a temporary workaround by using Render and Replace on the clips but would love to see this fixed A.S.A.P. (24.5 didn't fix the issue).

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Thanks for confirming that. Is this happening specifically with Sony XAVC Long QFHD files, or is it happening with other media types as well? Also, does this happen if you use the media in a 4K sequence instead of a 1080p sequence?

Sumeet

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

For testing purposes, could you please try disabling hardware accelerated decoding under Premiere Pro > Settings > Media and check if it fixes the preview?
Please note that you would need to restart Premiere Pro after disabling hardware accelerated decoding in Settings.

Thanks,
Sumeet

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
10 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vrijegeest,

Sorry to hear about this. Could you please share a screenshot of the preview artifacts that you are getting? Also, let us know the system specs (OS, CPU, GPU & RAM).

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere Pro version number: 24.4 and 24.5

Operating system: MacOS 14.5

System Info: Macbook Pro M3 Max 64GB memory 

Video format: 4k 25p AVC LONG 4:2:0 8-bit S-Gamut3.Cine 

Workflow details: 1080p25 timeline

Steps to reproduce: I added the clips to a 1080p25 timeline scaled them and retimed them. And then I get the viual glitches on playback. These glitches do not remain on export, and render and replace with ProRes will fix it on my timeline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first is a still export from PPro the second is a screenshot from the Program Viewer.

NLEN583_BINNENKIJKEN_VUGHT_v5.00_02_49_18.Still001.jpgScherm­afbeelding 2024-06-20 om 15.30.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the details. Have you tried enabling High Quality Playback under Program Monitor settings (wrench icon in the Program Monitor) to check if it fixes the preview?

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is with High-quality playback enabled. It's also not continiously that bad it pulses on and off every couple of frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that. Is this happening specifically with Sony XAVC Long QFHD files, or is it happening with other media types as well? Also, does this happen if you use the media in a 4K sequence instead of a 1080p sequence?

Sumeet

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For testing purposes, could you please try disabling hardware accelerated decoding under Premiere Pro > Settings > Media and check if it fixes the preview?
Please note that you would need to restart Premiere Pro after disabling hardware accelerated decoding in Settings.

Thanks,
Sumeet

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to fix the preview but unfortunately I lose realtime playback, so that might influence the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I missed this comment. I just tested it with another clip with the same issue and bringin it in 4k timeline gave the same issues.NLEN583_BINNENKIJKEN_20240516_FX6#1_7456.00_00_01_11.Still001.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I made a screenrecording so you can see what happens during playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate