Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro Crashing and Unable to Perform Basic Functions

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Support Team,

I am encountering multiple issues with Adobe Premiere Pro, which is severely affecting my workflow. Here are the details:

1. Application Crashes: The application crashes as soon as I open it. I can only manage to open it once, but it does not function as expected.
  2. Playback Issues: I am unable to play videos within the timeline. The playback simply doesn’t work.
  3. Rendering & Exporting Problems: Rendering and exporting are also not functioning. The software doesn’t allow me to complete these tasks.
  4. Error Messages: I received the following error messages (screenshot attached):
    • "A generic mpg123 error."
    • "An unspecified error occurred while performing a conform action on the following file: C:\Users\PRANJALI\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Media Cache Files\Ramadan Main.mp3 44100.cfa."
Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Computer configuration , Editing and playback , Export , Projects or collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2024 Aug 16, 2024

One at a time: 

1. Copy your preferences somewhere safe, and launch PPro while holding Alt/Cmd, and try "Reset app preferences"; any change in launch behavior? Also, what do you mean by "does not function as expected"?

2. Are you saying that 100% of all sequence playback fails? Or is the failure specific to a given sequence and/or media?

3. Could you provide more specifics, about how PPro does not allow you to complete those tasks? What steps do you follow, to reliably encounter this problem?

4. Tha

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
2 Comments
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try these:

1. Reset Premiere Pro preferences

2. Clean Media Cache

3. Preferences => Audio Hardware => Default Input => No Input (this is still an unfixed known issue)

4. Delete render files from sequence

5. Sequence Settings => Video Previews => Preview File Format => QuickTime

If you are working on an external drive, try to edit locally and check if some of the issues persist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2024 Aug 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One at a time: 

1. Copy your preferences somewhere safe, and launch PPro while holding Alt/Cmd, and try "Reset app preferences"; any change in launch behavior? Also, what do you mean by "does not function as expected"?

2. Are you saying that 100% of all sequence playback fails? Or is the failure specific to a given sequence and/or media?

3. Could you provide more specifics, about how PPro does not allow you to complete those tasks? What steps do you follow, to reliably encounter this problem?

4. That's an MPEG audio decoding error. Also, .cfa files are conformed audio; those together suggest that you're using a problematic MPEG (probably .mp3) audio file. 

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate