• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2024 must be installed to import this file

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project that's done, I'm just archiving it, but throughout all my after effects stuff has been going offline. Every MOGRT stored in libraries would disappear periodically until I quit and re-opened premiere 3 or 4 times. Today one of the linked comps I had went offline though. This comp was created by right clicking clips in the premiere sequence and "replace with after effects composition."  My aep file with the linked comps has been working fine and the other linked comps from the same file seem to be fine in the premiere sequence.

When I try to link the offline comp though, I right click it in the sequence, locate in project, right click it in the project and click link, then select my aep file, it says "after effects 2024 must be installed to import this file." After Effects 2024 has been installed the entire time. 

How do I get it to recognize that After Effects has been and still is installed? After all the issues with Dynamic link lately I'm just going to go back to rendering everything out from AE like the old days but I'd like to just get this project wrapped up and archived. 

Premiere Pro 2024

After Effects 2024

(Not sure of the exact versions as I'm uninstalling and reinstalling them again. I disabled auto updates after the last issue with version incompatibility a couple weeks ago when I got them back to working versions)

Apple M2 Max

MacOS 14.1.1 

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Effects , Export , Graphics , Import and ingest

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open the AE project directly in AE?   What happens if you create a new project in premiere, edit a clip into the timeline, control click and choose "replace with AE comp?"  Does AE open? and if so, what version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need an answer to this, if anyone can update please. After effects crashed while working a dyamic link on Premiere Pro. I re opened Premiere and I have a dynamic link error. When i locate thew file, its says "2024 after effects must be installed" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem. Work day grinds to a halt yet again because Adobe can't do their jobs and insist on a ridiculous release cycle of broken products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't want to just abandon this but unfortunately for me I never did find a solution for it. I did a full uninstall and reinstall using the creative cloud cleaner tool and that didn't help. I couldn't devote any more time to fixing it and had to get the project shipped. I ended up literally going back to the old days and rendering everything out from After Effects as PNG sequences and importing those to Premiere. 

After that I had more issues with files that I had created and stored in creative cloud suddenly telling me that I didn't have permission to open them. So between the disappearing motion graphics templates, the inability to trust dynamic link and now being locked out of my own stuff in creative cloud I set Premiere aside. The people I collaborate with most have moved to DaVinci Resolve and I've gone back to Final Cut Pro while I learn DaVinci resolve and Cavalry. I know that's probably not a helpful solution to anyone in the middle of a project who comes across this issue. But you can get the project done by avoiding Dynamic Link and just rendering out from After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really not good enough.  The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if they're trying to make AE obsolete. No idea why they would, but it would explain some things! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

<<The conspiracy theorist in me wonders...>>

Now you know how they start...ugh..

Votes

Translate