• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can no longer hold *LEFT* mouse button to select while scrolling with mouse wheel

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can no longer scroll/select (use the mouse wheel to scroll while holding the *LEFT* mouse button to select/highlight text)

1. Launch current version of Premiere Pro

2. Transcribe footage

3. Open text window

4. Use mouse wheel while holding down *LEFT* mouse button to select long strings of text

5. Observe mouse wheel input creates no response in the UI

Expected results: Being able to scroll with the mouse wheel while holding down *LEFT* mouse button

Actual results: Mouse wheel has no input while using the *LEFT* nouse button to select/highlight text

repro 5/5

*edit, got my left and right mouse buttons mixed up, thank you for your patience*

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Hello @Udrowz,

Thanks for filing this bug report. I appreciate the information and the steps you gave the team. They might need more information. See: How do I write a bug report?

I hope the team will help you with this issue shortly. Sorry for the issue. Take care.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
7 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Udrowz,

Thanks for filing this bug report. I appreciate the information and the steps you gave the team. They might need more information. See: How do I write a bug report?

I hope the team will help you with this issue shortly. Sorry for the issue. Take care.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll do my best to get them as much info as possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe I've ever done that! 🙂 Though it works here in Chrome. Click and drag always seemed to work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2024 Jun 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Udrowz,

I am on Win10, testing 24.4.1. Are you in 24.5?

I may not be following you. To select long sections of a transcript, why not just left click and drag? That is working for me. (I think that is what @MyerPj is saying.) In any event, if I left click, and scroll with the mouse wheel, I can select.

And it sets in/out points for the selection in the timeline. Are you sure you haven't turned off the "automatically set in/out" indicator? ({}). The on/off state is hard to see.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in 24.5, I have to select large swathes of exact text, dragging causes the selection to move too quickly and imprecisely

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Udrowz,

Thanks for reporting back.

When I left-click and drag, I can do so with precision, and it is slow enough. However, if I try to drag past what is showing in the panel (auto-scrolls), it can go very quickly. (And that scrolling happens even if the auto-scroll setting is off.) If that is what you see, maximize the panel and see if that helps. You can increase the font size a little using the slider in the bottom right of the panel. If that helps, you can try other sizes/shapes of the panel. I imagine I got some improvement by making it narrow and enlarging the text.

Once you are in the target transcript segment, it slows down and allows precision. There are keyboard shortcuts that can help, but none of them apply to moving from one segment to another - only the mouse helps that.

BTW, when I left-click and use the mouse wheel, it does nothing.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Stan Jones 

I totally agree with you here. I've been computing since 1985, and before mice became a normal/needed item. - I've never done a left click down and move the wheel. However, it does work in Chrome if you want to see it. It's pretty odd and I don't think standard in any way.

Votes

Translate

Translate