• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

fix morph cut bugs

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morph cut is buggy, erratic, unstable. When it works it is amazing but most of the time the "Analyzing in background" bar keeps appearing even after rending, but sometimes after multiple tries it disappears. The message bar also appears frequently in exported media. Some have posted that this doesn't happen if you export from Premiere directly, But I've had it happen both ways.
Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Effects

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
27 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes it renders successfuly, then it shows up later in the same editing session mysteriously with the "Analyzing in background" again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh, yes. Morph cut is still broken and has been for years. Fix it, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

morph cut now showing "media pending" message on 1-2 frames every time in newest update (13.0.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still broken!! Please fix!! Was stuck with "analyzing in background" forever and gave up and now it's "media pending!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to do a morphcut in cc18 and it worked well. got this shots back from grading (half a year passed though...) and updated to cc19 and need to do the morph cut again, but it isn't working anymore as supposed! **** - please fix it fast!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix the morph cut feature. When it works it's a lifesaver. Unfortunately, it often gives an error message saying "error reading node properly." I have been having this problem fairly often for as long as morph cut has been available. I have tried several of the workarounds but to no avail. Also, your phone support representatives have said that this is a high priority to fix. I just downloaded version 13.1.0 (build 193) and it's still a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great (not). You offer all kinds of useless bells and whistles but can't fix the "Analyzing in background" banner appearing after render. PP 13.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't really work ... I have an i9 128 Gig RAM ... etc etc .. it still doesnt work ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeahhhhhh Morph Cut doesn't want to render in CC2019 anymore for me. It crashes my PP build everytime I try to render. And because 2019 is actually terrible, I'm forced to also rebuild my Documents/Adobe/PremierePro folder everytime there's any crash in CC2019.

I've been compelled to take my clips I want morphed and copy them into a fresh sequence, export an XML, open CC2018, apply the morph, export a Quicktime from CC2018 and import that into CC2019.

Coole workflow, thanks Adobe, my time is not precious at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are also issues with it reverting to full res media instead of proxies on the two effected clips, I've found

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a joke this is, I have given up on even attempting to use this feature ever again. Would be a great feature if it actually worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Morph cut works in the timeline but then appears with an "Analyzing the background" banner in the export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for morph cut failing to work with Premiere Pro 2020. I found it worked in older versions of Premire, but it never finishes analyzing the process. I've tried various overlap amounts (usually 4 to 8 frames worked fine in older versions), and always insure that the I have overlapping media. It would be great if Adobe would insure all features work going forward before adding new bells & whistles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Gosh! Why is the feature still "live," if so many know about it?! I found this great tool and used it multiple times in my 2 HOUR presentation, only to see those darn orange bars in my final.

IS THIS A BETA VERSION?
Could you please fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LAME the thing has my client extremely disappointed - the morph cuts they approved in preview which fixed the CEO won't actually render. Keeps crashing after about 15 minutes no-matter what I try. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wasted another hour trying to remove "Analyzing in background" from appearing in the final render when it doesn't appear in the timeline. Please fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2021 this is still broken. Constant "Error reading node property" every time I've ever had to use this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying it on various pieces of footage (all static-camera interview clips where I've had to remove a few words - in other words, should be easy for Morph Cut to patch the join) MC glitches like ****. It's like it's choosing random frames from around the cut point and not doing any morphing at all. Worse than useless.
(Threadripper 3960X, nVidia RTX 3070 GPU)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this is weird - morph cut worked on the same video but when editing it no longer works. Can reset the duration and always analyzing in the background and then PP crashes. Why is this happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just deleted a morph cut because it wasn't working and there's STILL a flash of "analyzing in the background". Can't believe how much Adobe charges for their services when it's just a big package of bugs! PLEASE FIX THESE ISSUES!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? Morph Cut completely bugs out after analyzing and rendering. It erratically jumps around to random frames. Crashed my project twice. I'm in latest version 22, on a new iMac. This issue has been going on for a while now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Adobe-

You have to realize, as the years go by, more and more folks depend more and more on miracles like Morph Cut, especially in reality documentaries when it's crucial to keep interviews on camera but still present people at their "Sunday best" -- without too many stumbles or ums and ahs.

When a new version of Premiere Pro comes out, such as V. 22.0 which I updated for my Catalina boot partition, and what functioned beautifully in the previous version in Mojave hangs eternally on Analyze in the current version, you have an embarrassing and serious ISSUE.

In my case, the sequence came from the Mojave timeline, and was updated for V22.0 in the Catalina timeline... if that helps. The morph cut however, was generated and analyzed afresh in Catalina. It may still be doing it, for all I know.

Here's hoping for a priority fix to a major tool!

Best, as always,
Loren

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to second this. I added a morph cut in a multicam sequence and it worked beautifully. Then copied the whole sequence and pasted it into a new one with adjustment layers on top, and it broke everything. The same morph cut - after analyzing - jumped around eratically between frames, no way to fix it. After a few times, I got an error message and PP quit. Please fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even open the project to delete the morph cut, it auto loads and then crashes the program. I lost about 2 hours of editing because of this - NOT okay , this is an issue form 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate