• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FIXED Issue: Export mode fails to load in Premiere Pro 23.2 and 23.3

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are aware of an issue that prevents Export mode from loading for some users. When clicking Export in the header bar, a loading spinner is shown, but export mode fails to load.  Selecting File > Export > Media or using the keyboard shortcut Command/Control+M, there is no result; you just stay in Edit mode.  In these situations, exports won’t work in Premiere Pro.  When in this state, Quick Export also fails to function.

This issue is known to affect Premiere Pro versions 23.2 and 23.3 on Mac and Windows.

If you are experiencing this issue, please update to version 23.4 or later to get the fix

If you can't update to 23.4, here are some workarounds to successfully complete your export in 23.3, 23.2:

Workaround #1 – Export with Media Encoder (RECOMMENDED)

1. Launch Adobe Media Encoder.
  2. Select File > Add Premiere Pro Sequence.
  3. Navigate to your project file on disk and use the subsequent dialog to choose the sequence you want to export.

Workaround #2 – Reset Premiere Pro preferences

1. Hold the option key while launching Premiere Pro.
  2. Choose Reset Preferences in the “Reset Options” dialog.
  3. Exports will now be successful.

Workaround #3 – Avoid using the “Match sequence preview settings” preset

1. Do not choose the “Match sequence preview settings” preset in Export mode
  2. Choose another preset such as “Apple ProRes 422 LT” which will make a MOV file and match the sequence resolution, framerate, and preview render format (the same result as choosing Match sequence preview settings) –or– “Match Source - Adaptive High Bitrate” which will make a high-quality MP4 file.
  3. If you use “Match sequence preview settings” once, you will have to reset your preferences to export again successfully.

Our engineers understand the problem well and are currently working on a fix. We’ll update this post when it becomes available.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

This issue is fixed in 23.4, which has just been released.  Update to 23.4 to get this fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Hello Becci and others on the thread,

I can understand how frustrating this issue is. I see the problem here on forums and on social media platforms. I hope I can offer some relief. The known workarounds are:

1. Choose File > Export > Send to Adobe Media Encoder
  2. Reset preferences. This can work with new projects created in 23.3.
  3. For updated projects created in an earlier version of Premiere Pro, import the project into a new 23.3 project.

I apologize that this is happening to you. I raised th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Hello Community,

A product manager has announced that this bug has been fixed in Premiere Pro 23.4. Please update to 23.4 or later to be free of this issue.

We appreciate your patience while the team fixed this bug.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 302 Replies 302
302 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is fixed in Premiere Pro beta as of version 23.5.0, build 20.  Install the latest beta if you want to try this fix.  Beta and Release versions can be installed side-by-side and the projects are compatible so you can open the project in beta to get the export done and not have to reset your preferences. More info on Beta apps here: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-beta.html.  We will be putting this fix into an official release very soon.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this problem resolved yet? Can we use the latest version and do a quick export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had no problems exporting, although I'm on Windows  😉

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i did.

Loading via ME takes AGES with a big project. Much faster and more reliable to restart the app.

Trashing preferences helped once for a day or two, then ...

I never used “Match sequence preview settings”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well its only a matter of time as Adobe has said the bug is across all platforms. So enjoy you sub-standard Windows experience 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So not sure if this is temporary or not, but after today's Premiere Pro updates the release version still has the bug, but at least for now the 23.5.0 Build 24 is allowing me to export from Premiere Pro, and with the previous version the Beta shared the bug with the release version for me. It doesn't mention the issue in the new features though so it could just be it is working for the moment, but worth a try.

- Jonah Lee Walker
Video Editor, Colorist, Motion Graphics Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot ! it worked. Damn, hope that they will resolve this issue soonest. 

Thanks a lot @Peru Bob 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's like this forever. I can't export anything as even with Adobe Media Encoder, it doesn't send the export file. : (

AntDX316_0-1683181813222.png

AntDX316_1-1683181831799.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same issue. However I can export through Media encoder.
I tried everything that other users found helpful like choosing timeline, rendering in and out, starting a new project, reseting workspace, etc.
Looks like some firmware bug with some update ((((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i gave it one more try.

trashing the preferences showed almost no effect, beside that now my hundreds of stills in a bin do not show up anymore in icon view unless i switch the project to software only instead of cuda.

sigh ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Know issue here is some work around for the same issue.https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/known-issue-export-mode-fails-to-load-in-premiere-p...

Reccomand to use the latest build.

thanks,

Suraj.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is rediculous, stop making new features and just get the software to work!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I'm encounetring a verty annoying problem: selecting the "export window" nothing shows but this bloody "waiting wheel". This happened all over sudden, it was working just fine up until now. Any ideas? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I select File it locks up, if I go to Edit and any of the preferences, it locks up. None of the fixes listed stops this for me and I hear of others with the same problem. Tried the beta also, still the same. I suspect sonmething in the registry is affecting both programs, no idea, Windows 10, 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All this did not help in my case. Also after resetting the preferences all ,of my stills in the current project do not show up anymore in the bin in icon view mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes indeed- very annoying and more to the point hugely time wasting- a concept computer programmers do not seem familiar with. The problem seems to me to be in the custom settings or the render files - not the preferences- those settings are confusingly not in the same place as preferences but under Documents, Adobe,  Premiere Pro, then version number - probably 23. I started by deleting the custom workspace but that didn't work then I deleted render files and a few others and then it worked again but I'd also deleted a couple of the colour balance settings ( no big loss as PP colour correction isn't that good anyway). I guess I could reload them but as I say time is the most important factor. I have never found resetting preferences works and my heart sinks when I see that as a lazy first call solution suggestion by Adobe techs. Having got grumpy about how buggy PP is I have to praise the transcriber and other text settings- its AI is much better than even MS Word dictation and almost 99% accurate. But the game changer is that it is word searchable  and moves the play head to the word on the timeline- making easy work of long interviews. So it seems at least that some of the Adobe team understands the importance of speed and reliability in saving valuable editing time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I attempt to export, nothing launches.  I have a blank screen with no interface and loading circle.  I have deleted and reinstalled Prem Pro, portal shows up to date (cloud based).  I cannot think of anything else to try.  I have been editing and exporting with Adobe for over 2 yrs.  I am not missing something to get this to work.  Unless something was changed, I am doing the same process I have always used. 

I can't find anything specific to my error and certainly nothing recent enough, sorry if this is a dupe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the beta installed, still locks up when I go to Edit and choose any of the preferences. And I mean locks up, no matter how long you wait, it freezes when you click anywhere after that. Uninstalled, removed all plugins, reset prefs when loading using ALT key and all other options set to not load.

File->Export just sits there as before but no lock up, other options open up. Just Edit is my main problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem buddy anyone here to answer it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not export at all!! I just found out everyone else seems have same problem... thats really bad experience 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tengo la última versión de Premiere y desde hace varios días y no me deja exportar. Cuando le doy Control+M no me abre la ventana de exportar y al ingresar a exportación se queda cargando ni me deja enviar a Media Encoder,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a 28 minutes series of video clips made with my Iphone 13 Max and all together sum up 48 minutes.

Once the montage completed, with original sound from Iphone, I wanted to export the Media.

After choosing Export>Media, then.. nothing happen.  I cant get the export setting menu displayed.

I did not have this proble at the begining.  It is just now.  I dont know what happened.

Can someone tell me what may cause this problem and how can I meka it work again ?

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate