• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FIXED Issue: Export mode fails to load in Premiere Pro 23.2 and 23.3

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are aware of an issue that prevents Export mode from loading for some users. When clicking Export in the header bar, a loading spinner is shown, but export mode fails to load.  Selecting File > Export > Media or using the keyboard shortcut Command/Control+M, there is no result; you just stay in Edit mode.  In these situations, exports won’t work in Premiere Pro.  When in this state, Quick Export also fails to function.

This issue is known to affect Premiere Pro versions 23.2 and 23.3 on Mac and Windows.

If you are experiencing this issue, please update to version 23.4 or later to get the fix

If you can't update to 23.4, here are some workarounds to successfully complete your export in 23.3, 23.2:

Workaround #1 – Export with Media Encoder (RECOMMENDED)

1. Launch Adobe Media Encoder.
  2. Select File > Add Premiere Pro Sequence.
  3. Navigate to your project file on disk and use the subsequent dialog to choose the sequence you want to export.

Workaround #2 – Reset Premiere Pro preferences

1. Hold the option key while launching Premiere Pro.
  2. Choose Reset Preferences in the “Reset Options” dialog.
  3. Exports will now be successful.

Workaround #3 – Avoid using the “Match sequence preview settings” preset

1. Do not choose the “Match sequence preview settings” preset in Export mode
  2. Choose another preset such as “Apple ProRes 422 LT” which will make a MOV file and match the sequence resolution, framerate, and preview render format (the same result as choosing Match sequence preview settings) –or– “Match Source - Adaptive High Bitrate” which will make a high-quality MP4 file.
  3. If you use “Match sequence preview settings” once, you will have to reset your preferences to export again successfully.

Our engineers understand the problem well and are currently working on a fix. We’ll update this post when it becomes available.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

This issue is fixed in 23.4, which has just been released.  Update to 23.4 to get this fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Hello Becci and others on the thread,

I can understand how frustrating this issue is. I see the problem here on forums and on social media platforms. I hope I can offer some relief. The known workarounds are:

1. Choose File > Export > Send to Adobe Media Encoder
  2. Reset preferences. This can work with new projects created in 23.3.
  3. For updated projects created in an earlier version of Premiere Pro, import the project into a new 23.3 project.

I apologize that this is happening to you. I raised th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Hello Community,

A product manager has announced that this bug has been fixed in Premiere Pro 23.4. Please update to 23.4 or later to be free of this issue.

We appreciate your patience while the team fixed this bug.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 302 Replies 302
302 Comments
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iphone footage is variable frame rate which can cause unpredictable
problems. I'm on a bus at the moment but you can search this forum on how
to covert to constant frame rate which might solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try installing the beta version

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, occurred today after having errors and shutdowns my PP two or three times. I made one small  export before export stoppped working. I have restarted my pc several times, installed an update for my graphics and even uninstalled and reinstalled my PP. In addition I have rendered a couple of project again, and I have tried to copy timeline content into new timeline. Still nothing happens when I hit the Ctrl-M or Export at the top left. I hope that this can be solved soon. It is the same in all my projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workaround 2 did it! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes thank you, workaround 2 made it for me! I am so happy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really worthwhile keeping an eye on this forum.   Besides editing myself, I provide support for a number of other editors.  When these sort of problems occur, I'm usually ready to get my clients (and myself) over the hump.  It also gives me the mental tools to figure out workarounds on my own.    Also, imho, never a good idea to do an update automatically.  Wait until the dust settles and be ready to revert to the previous working version.    Although people moan about adobe here, it's one of the great features of CC that you can easily revert to a previous version...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also,  you quickly learn who to trust on this forum.  Adobe employees top the list...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug has nothing to do with automatic updates: For well documented reasons we all here stayed with 22.2, but the bug appeared in the last three weeks or so and is the same in 22.6.4, 23.2 aso

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated earlier: Downgrade to 23.2 and all will be good. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of premiere are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renders have been very difficult. Slow, screen lagging and glitchy while it thinks to go into render mode, renders getting to 100% and not completing. I managed to get some of my work done that's on a deadline, but this can't go on much longer. Clients are booking airtime and they have to be out.  I did all the workarounds. The only thing that saved me was going through media encoder itself. Trying to  send to Media Encoder through PP crashed it. 

I have not tried the Beta version

Windows 10 64-bit

PP Version 23.3.0 Build 61

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i have an issue trying to export a video, the export tab can not load for some reason, tried opening a new project and when there is no sequence in the edit, the export tab loads, but when i open the finished edit the tab again starts loading but just freezes at the loading circle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've contacted customer supported and the conclusion is that 23.3 version has this issue and the programmers are working on this and will fix it in 23.4v, installed 23.0v and it's working now, thank you for the reply anyways 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been many workarounds posted here including installing the beta
version... do some searching here and if you don't find one that works for
you, post back and please tell us your operating system and premiere
version

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

premier me funciona bien, pero a la hora de exportar se queda cargando la ventana pero nunca abre. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrade to 23.2 and it will work again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fiz a exportação pelo Media Encoder e, depois de ler este artigo, resetei as opções do Premiere conforme a segunda sugestão. Funcionou!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's something in the custom files under Documents, Adobe, 23 - I deleted render files and workspace custom settings and it worked again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find I have to edit myself too because I get so cross about these time wasting errors and working out the workarounds which are themselves time wasting. I invented a new unit of computer productivity called the Dickin'. One Dickin' is defined as one keystroke to get the result- the higher the Dickin' value the less productive the process. Workarounds add Dickin' in buckets. Dickin' is and abbreviation for 'Dicking around' of course. Joking aside it's interesting that computer engineers of all kinds don't seem to have a unit for measuring computer productivity - ultimately the only parameter that matters! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if this one would come around to bite me, and wow horrendous bug. This needs to be fixed yesterday. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a great work around. Best way to get it to export right now is, whenver you have your project done - Select all your clips and audio and make a subsequence out of it and save your project. Now, open, Adobe Media Encoder, and go to the Medai Browser. Navigate to the Premiere Pro file in Encoders' Media Browser, and click on it's drop down arrow, you will find the subsequence as an individual clip. From there, you can export the subsquence! Hope this helps everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate