• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FIXED Issue: Export mode fails to load in Premiere Pro 23.2 and 23.3

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are aware of an issue that prevents Export mode from loading for some users. When clicking Export in the header bar, a loading spinner is shown, but export mode fails to load.  Selecting File > Export > Media or using the keyboard shortcut Command/Control+M, there is no result; you just stay in Edit mode.  In these situations, exports won’t work in Premiere Pro.  When in this state, Quick Export also fails to function.

This issue is known to affect Premiere Pro versions 23.2 and 23.3 on Mac and Windows.

If you are experiencing this issue, please update to version 23.4 or later to get the fix

If you can't update to 23.4, here are some workarounds to successfully complete your export in 23.3, 23.2:

Workaround #1 – Export with Media Encoder (RECOMMENDED)

1. Launch Adobe Media Encoder.
  2. Select File > Add Premiere Pro Sequence.
  3. Navigate to your project file on disk and use the subsequent dialog to choose the sequence you want to export.

Workaround #2 – Reset Premiere Pro preferences

1. Hold the option key while launching Premiere Pro.
  2. Choose Reset Preferences in the “Reset Options” dialog.
  3. Exports will now be successful.

Workaround #3 – Avoid using the “Match sequence preview settings” preset

1. Do not choose the “Match sequence preview settings” preset in Export mode
  2. Choose another preset such as “Apple ProRes 422 LT” which will make a MOV file and match the sequence resolution, framerate, and preview render format (the same result as choosing Match sequence preview settings) –or– “Match Source - Adaptive High Bitrate” which will make a high-quality MP4 file.
  3. If you use “Match sequence preview settings” once, you will have to reset your preferences to export again successfully.

Our engineers understand the problem well and are currently working on a fix. We’ll update this post when it becomes available.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

This issue is fixed in 23.4, which has just been released.  Update to 23.4 to get this fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Hello Becci and others on the thread,

I can understand how frustrating this issue is. I see the problem here on forums and on social media platforms. I hope I can offer some relief. The known workarounds are:

1. Choose File > Export > Send to Adobe Media Encoder
  2. Reset preferences. This can work with new projects created in 23.3.
  3. For updated projects created in an earlier version of Premiere Pro, import the project into a new 23.3 project.

I apologize that this is happening to you. I raised th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Hello Community,

A product manager has announced that this bug has been fixed in Premiere Pro 23.4. Please update to 23.4 or later to be free of this issue.

We appreciate your patience while the team fixed this bug.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 302 Replies 302
302 Comments
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you managed to figure this out? Exact same issue started today for me. I rendered out projects fine yesterday, today I can't get the export tab to load at all. Tried new projects and older projects too. 

The only thing I can think of is my GeForce drivers updated last night, but I revereted back and still have the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No nothing wrong at all! And I'm using a Mac Studio with M1 chip. I have plenty of storage on that but I always export and save projects to an external hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there is. I save all my work on g drives. The one I'm currently using is the 12 tb g-raid. But it has never had a problem until yesterday. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I had to reset my preferences and that worked for the night but now it's happening again even after that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We would upload to a different drive but it not even getting to the point where we can choose which drive to export to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Premier Pro won't export anything! When I click the "export" tab at the top, it will just show a circular loading movement on a blank screen (I can still click back to edit/import) and it won't load even after being left for a long period of time. None of the short cuts work either!

It happened suddenly when I was working an event, I managed to export 2 videos then all of a sudeen it stopped working. I've uninstalled the app twice now, I have cleared media and the cache as well as following any tips I can find online.

Any help would be much appreicated please!

Lauren 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, estoy teniendo problemas para exportar cualquier secuencia directamente desde premier 2023. 
No me habia sucedido nunca hasta el momento, sucede que edito normalmente pero cuando voy a exportar medios en premier se queda calculando y nunca habre el panel de opciones para configurar el export.

Evidentemente es solo en premier, porque cuando abro media encore y agrego esa secuencia exporto sin problemas. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME. I'm able to export temporarily as a workaround by going to file > export > send to media encoder. But Export Media and/or the Export tab does exactly nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue and none of the recommended solutions have worked. I even tried re-installing premiere. Someone help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first off, Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.    Has Premiere been working and then this started happening?  If so, did you do any updates...  

Lots of stuff to try and questions to answer...   but I'm sure we'll be able to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise, Premiere Pro 23.3, 29 RAM available for Premiere (32 RAM total), 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900H, 2500 Mhz, 14 core(s). Is there anything else you need? I have ran premiere and it has worked fine until today, not sure if there was an update or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I even tried exporting a file I successfully exported yesterday and it is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem since the new update installed. I can't export anything from the timeline. I have tried reinstalling. Nothing is working

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I even tried to download the previous version, but it did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing this problem for months now, mostly I use the media encoder to export the sequences whenever this happens, I thought it is something with my windows because I found nothing online. I am just working around this issue. Sometimes I use the media encoder, and sometimes I reset everything and open and close the project several times, randomly it works sometimes and it doesn't mostly so I just try things and see what works when.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled version 23 and export started working. I went through each version after 23 but 23 seems to be working. Their is a problem with the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying 23.0 now.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going back to 23.0 fixed the issue. I just won't update it.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happening with me. Holy. Cow. Even trying to send to ME doesn't do anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea headache!1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

revert to the previous version that WAS working.  In the creative cloud app, go to the installed premiere pro version and click on the three dots (aka, an ellipsis) and choose other versions and reinstall the version you WERE using...  Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 2.48.21 PM.pngPersonally, I do not have automatic updates turned on.  The creative cloud app will inform you when an update is available, and you can then choose when is an appropriate time to update (hopefully when you have time to deal with any unexpected issues).  

Sorry I realized I replied to an older post and see you've already reinstalled the earlier version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do an update or do you have updates happen automatically?  If so, turn that option off.    Creative Cloud will notify you when updates are available.  Was a previous version working?  You might just try rolling back to an earlier version.   revert to the previous version that WAS working.  In the creative cloud app, go to the installed premiere pro version and click on the three dots (aka, an ellipsis) and choose other versions and reinstall the version you WERE using...  

MichaelGrenadier_0-1681844100555.png

Personally, I do not have automatic updates turned on.  The creative cloud app will inform you when an update is available, and you can then choose when is an appropriate time to update (hopefully when you have time to deal with any unexpected issues).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue just started today after upgrading to 23.3 ... Never happened before. Simply downgraded back to 23.2 and I'm exporting again. Will try 23.3 again soon, I suppose 🙂

Mac Studio 2022

Apple M1 Ultra with 20-core CPU

64-core GPU

32-core Neural Engine

Monterey 12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on an M1 Mac and recently updated to the latest Premiere 23.3 if that helps narrow down variables. It now appears that the "send to media encoder workaround" works with some projects but not with all projects. Some cannot be exported at all. I've restarted Premiere, restarted my computer, unplugged all drives and peripherals, tried trashing my cache and my prefs. Issue remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate