Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro 23.0.0
Windows 10 22H2 19045.2251
Ryzen 3700x
64gb 3200mhz ram
RTX 3070
Footage: Prores 422 proxy 1080p

I have applied warp stabilizer to a number of clips on the timeline. In the past, before rendering the project, I would hit analyze on multiple clips and premiere would analyze multiple clips at once. Since this effect is single threaded, each clip would take a thread of the CPU and my overall usage would jump to 90-100% utilization. This seems to have broken in the latest version of premiere pro. Any possible solutions to speed this up?

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
17 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Great job in providing detailed info. The team appreciates that. Many are reporting trouble with current drivers. My colleagues advise running 522. xx, or earlier. I am running 516. xx. No problems. NVIDIA should be releasing an update shortly that fixes the problem.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,
Yeah I have 526.98 game drivers. The effect I am using is not gpu accelerated though, you think it is still causing the issue?
-Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

Are you talking about Warp Stabilizer? It is GPU accelerated, and the driver problem is causing major issues. I would roll back to 517. xx. Let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,
I rolled back to 517.40 and the issue is persisting. Oh I thought it was not gpu accelerated, I was mistaken. Anyways, my gpu is pulling 10w and is at 1% utilization so it is not using it. CPU usage is still low.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,
Do you have any other troubleshooting tips to try besides the driver? I am still experiencing the same issue on 517.40.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do a clean reinstallation of the drivers? That can often shake things loose. Reboot between the clean reinstall and checking, as well. You can also contact our agents, who can troubleshoot with you one-on-one. If you want to get a chat going, ask for the video queue here: Contact Us. You can also request a callback.

Other than that, you may want to test with a new project and try analyzing fewer clips. I only stabilize one clip at a time, so I've not yet tested that issue. Hopefully, we can get the issue reproduced by the devs or a response here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,
Tried the clean install and reboot, still having issues. Does this count as an official bug report or do I need to get in touch with support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jason,

I will press for a reproducible case from our engineers to give the bug some traction internally. The team needs to test with the same AMD CPU you are using, as I could not reproduce your issue on Mac or PC. I am sorry, I don't have an AMD rig to check with. I am not a dev, but I will point them to this thread, OK?

One last thing to check is if it can be reproduced with a new project, sequence, and other footage.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sound good. I did try with a new project, sequence, and different footage and experienced the same issue. I am applying the effect to a multicam sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,
I tried to see if the same issue was present on my laptop. I am experiencing the same issue there as well. That is an intel based system. Nvidia driver 516.59. So using two different platforms, and multiple driver versions the common denominator with the issue is premiere version 23.0.0.
Intel i7 10750H, 32gb ram, rtx 2060.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin - seen many issues with people going for the latest NVidia GeForce Studio drivers which in turn cause issues. I have had this myself a few times.

Who exactly is responsible for testing the latest NVidia drivers with latest Premiere Pro releases?.

It seems to me that a rule of thumb should be to wait at least 3 months before installing any new NVidia drivers that appear unless it is a critical issue.

This is such an important topic now with complex interactioin with GPU accelerated effects in Premiere Pro that it even deserves a bulletin board in itself to make us Premiere users aware - and prevent us wasting time !.

It does a go against the 'rule' that one should always use the latest driver updates on your machine. This just causes headache. QA must improve.

Any comments?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Isn't it ironic that offically Nvidia and Adobe both say officially to use the latest versions and drivers when it is widely know this is not a good idea? Nvidia says the following on their studio drivers: "To achieve the highest level of reliability, Studio Drivers undergo extensive testing against multi-app creator workflows and multiple revisions of the top creative applications from Adobe to Autodesk and beyond."
Adobe officially says "Adobe recommends installing the latest Studio driver for the supported NVIDIA GPUs: GTX, RTX, and Quadro desktop and notebook GPU's."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JonesVid,

Happy Holidays, there!

• [I've] seen many issues with people going for the latest NVidia GeForce Studio drivers, which in turn cause issues. I have had this myself a few times.

Sorry about that! There are a lot of different possible configurations, but the latest studio drivers are usually not problematic. This was one of those rare cases where they were not functioning well. They have since released new drivers that do not have the same issues. As I understand it. NVIDIA has bug fixes in successive updates of their drivers.

• Who is responsible for testing the latest NVidia drivers with the latest Premiere Pro releases?

Adobe has a team dedicated to GPU-accelerated functions in Premiere Pro and other digital video and audio applications.

• It seems to me that a rule of thumb should be to wait at least three months before installing any new NVidia drivers that appear unless it is a critical issue.

Not a bad idea. I do such things. As an editor, it's up to you how you maintain and operate your computer, though.

• This is such an important topic now with complex interaction with GPU accelerated effects in Premiere Pro that it even deserves a bulletin board to make Premiere users aware - and prevent us from wasting time!

Have you checked out Help > System Compatibility Report? That will let you know if a current driver is supported or not.

• QA must improve. Any comments?

I'll let the product team comment, OK?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have updated my nvidia driver to 531.61 and my premiere to 23.3.0 and warp stabilizer is still not touching my GPU. Were the major driver issues not fixed yet? @Kevin-Monahan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the warp stabilizer running which is a gpu accelerated effect being analyzed and not touching the gpu.

defaulthxsnadefzqb5_0-1684276877523.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where have all the Adobe Technical Team gone?

Nobody has stuck there head above the surface on this one yet to explain it ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Analyzing is done on the cpu, stabilizing on the gpu.

Votes

Translate

Translate