• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lumetri vectorscope shifting

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When monitoring the vector scopes for color saturation levels it gives two different readings.

The true level (I assume) when video is playing but an inflated illegal level when the playhead is static.

Quality for pause and play is set to "Full". However when you set the Programme Monitor to "High Quality Playback" (via wrench) you only get the inflated illegal level playing or static.  That is problematic as I have it set to HQ playback when picture grading so that blurs and other small fx come through on the scopes. Currently the problem presents itself with a .png on the timeline but the same goes for various video files.  Why can't the vectorscope just give us the one true reading instead of either or, and it would seem the level is locked in the wrong reading in HQ playback? (pics of both levels attached)

Apple M2 Max

Sonoma 14.3 

Premiere 23.3 Build 61

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Color

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Hi @barat munji,

Thanks for filing the report. It sounds like a perplexing issue. Sorry about that. You've supplied a lot of info. Can you check to see if you left anything out? See, How do I write a bug report?

Sorry for the problem. I hope we can get a team member to respond to you shortly.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @barat munji,

Thanks for filing the report. It sounds like a perplexing issue. Sorry about that. You've supplied a lot of info. Can you check to see if you left anything out? See, How do I write a bug report?

Sorry for the problem. I hope we can get a team member to respond to you shortly.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Issue - Lumetri Vectorscope provides 2 x saturation readings a lower one when video is playing, an illegal one when video is paused
  • Adobe Premiere Pro version number:

Premiere 23.3 Build 61

• Operating system - Sonoma 14.3 
  • System Info:

Apple M2 Max, 32 gigs RAM, external drive USB 3

• Video format: Proble seems restricted to PNG files and jpeg files.
  • Workflow details: HD progressive timeline, Playback/Still quality Full
  • Steps to reproduce - (Very important!) Open lumetri scopes and playback timeline, Pause will inflate saturation, Play will give reduced saturation reading. Setting Programme monitor to HQ playback will only show the higher saturation reading on play or pause.
  • Expected result - Saturation reading should be consistent whether play or pause 
  • Actual result -  Saturation reading became illegal on pause

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I run a tightly calibrated and profiled system, I always use HQ playback, and the scopes are pretty accurate. I don't get the differnce between pause and playback.

And as with the same file I will get identical scope readings between Premiere and Resolve, and much of my deliverables to sent to colorists (I teach pro colorists btw) if anything is off in their outboard scopes, I'd hear about it immediately.

So I would suggest that perhaps the HQ setting might actually give the correct reading.

Votes

Translate

Translate