• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP 2024 Persisting Selective UI Freezes

Engaged ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When doing color grading using several stacked lumetri effects, clip selection update speed bogs down towards zero. It's quite the pain! This has been persisting, and I could track the issue down towards the Effects Controls panel being open or not.

I've attached two screen recordings for comparison. Note how in the second clip the mouse can't drag the CTI, nor does the Effect Controls panel react to new inputs. After a few (increasingly sorrowful) seconds, everything jumps back into place and I can edit very FLUIDLY as long as I don't switch clips.

This has been going on for a while now, and it's really hindering my performance. It's like going full throttle and press the brakes at the same time.

PP 24.5.0 Build 57, Win10 x64 (22H2), AMD Ryzen 1950X, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA 3090, all M.2 NVME drives, with caching/projects on separate disks.

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Performance or Stability , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

the_dudes Thank you for all your efforts going through these multiple scenarios! This is extremely useful information. I have reproduced and passed this on to the team. Thank you, again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
12 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow, your machine cannot handle all those stacked effects (red render bar).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ann, thanks for responding. As I tried to bring across, there's no issue with either playback, nor manipulating effect settings, as long as I don't switch my selection to another clip. The red bar is an estimation about wether my system can playback in realtime. However, I got no issue with playback. Maybe that wasn't clear in the above post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @the_dudes,

Thanks for writing up your bug report. It looks like you are experiencing performance issues with GPU-accelerated effects. Have you tried this issue with different footage, transcoding the footage, or creating QuickTime-based proxies? I would try those things first, then see if you are still having the problem. Let us know how it goes. Sorry for the hassle.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @the_dudes,

I am updating the status of this bug.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for your troubles. If you Offline all your clips in the Project, do you still encounter this issue? I'm trying to help determine if media may also play into this or simply Effects and Effect Controls panel issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your replies. First of all – I feel respected as a customer 🙏 Please let your stakeholders know this!

Secondly, a restart of Premiere mitigates the issue. It's only after fifteen-something minutes that the slow is beginning. That's why it's a bit hard to reproduce it. However I will try to hunt it down while editing. This could take some time, because... reasons. I'll keep you posted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I was able to reproduce the bug in a fast manner.

Since I can't attach videos to responses, I've uploaded them to frame.io: https://f.io/MSJJ05la (scroll down to see all).

Here's what's happened:

• Video 1 – No FX panel. 4K50p with multiple lumetri effects, playing absolutely smoothly (!)
  • Video 2 – Having opened the FX panel: Still no issues. Notice how towards the end, as soon as I begin switching the selection the lag fest begins...
  • Video 3 – FX panel still open, «Selection Follows Playhead» activated: The issue gets very apparent, because lots of switching selections.
  • Video 4 – FX panel closed, «Selection Follows Playhead» activated: Total fluidity.
  • Video 5 – Offline media (this one is for you @Trent Happel) Total bog 💀
  • Video 6 – Offline media, but closed FX panel: Total bliss again :sparkles:

Hope this helps to catch the bug.

Again thanks for the replies Trent and Kevin. After having felt neglected for so long, there may be a caring team aboard Premiere again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_dudes Thank you for all your efforts going through these multiple scenarios! This is extremely useful information. I have reproduced and passed this on to the team. Thank you, again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jul 13, 2024 Jul 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- post deleted -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I personally have a love/hate relationship with "selection follows playhead" feature.
However, this seems to be like a workspace issue, have you tried playiong around with it? maybe have the FX panel on your 2nd monitor (if you do have a 2nd monitor) or vice-versa? perhaps even trying different workspaces or resetting it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, but what makes you think it is a workspace issue?  Past 15 years, the usage of additional monitors or having panels open across more than one screen were rather introducing new bugs, than solving any. That's why I used a standard workspace and even closed most of the panels. I just recreated the bug with all displays turned off except for one. What else should I do? As you can see if you followed the thread, this behaviour is repeatable on other machines. — I hope for betterment in an upcoming release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Kevin-Monahan would you be so kind and unpin my reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate