• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 24.5 Crashing Anytime I Add Text. It Doesn't Matter The Font.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere crashes every time I add a text layer. Whether it's a text element created with the text tool or a lower third imported from the essential graphics, it crashes my project upon opening. It happens when the playhead reaches a lower third graphic, or when I use the type tool. Adobe Creative Cloud Diagnostics recommends updating the app to the newest version, but It's already up to date. I'm running a 2021 16" M1 Max on MacOS Sonoma 14.6. This issue has become maddening as I've had to resort to making text layers in photoshop and importing those for every single one of my video projects.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Computer configuration , Editing and playback , Graphics , Performance or Stability , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Hi @Batz98,

Sorry you're running into crashes! When you get the crash reporter dialog, add your email address that is associated with your Creative Cloud Account and be sure the check the "Adobe may contact" option. Then please Direct Message me your Creative Cloud Account email address so we can dig into what's going on.

TheresaRostek_0-1722873664474.png

Thanks,

Theresa

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Investigating...

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Batz98,

Sorry you're running into crashes! When you get the crash reporter dialog, add your email address that is associated with your Creative Cloud Account and be sure the check the "Adobe may contact" option. Then please Direct Message me your Creative Cloud Account email address so we can dig into what's going on.

TheresaRostek_0-1722873664474.png

Thanks,

Theresa

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Investigating...

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I messaged you my adobe email account.

Votes

Translate

Translate