• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2023 slow and sluggish compared to 2021

Participant ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actions are so slow on Premiere Pro 2023.

Hitting space to play the timeline can take around 2 seconds for the video to start playing. Trying to change any values under Effect Controls is also much slower.

Ironically, when I made proxies (Cineform Low Quality), the performance got even worse.

I have tried:

• Clearing media cache
  • Using the latest Beta version (slightly better, still bad compared to 2021)
  • Disabling & Enabling CUDA
  • Turning playback quality to 'high'
  • Different proxy types
  • Removing & reattaching the proxies
  • Scouring the forums and the web in search for answers

Sadly nothing has helped yet.

Like few others, I have also noticed it not using the GPU as much as it is using the CPU.

My computer specs:

• Nvidia GeForce 2080
  • 128GB DDR4 RAM @ 3400mhz
  • intel i9-9900k CPU

The fact that Adobe is also removing older versions from the Creative Cloud means that I cannot use PPro 2021, as Media Encoder no longer works with it as it was removed. It claims it's uninstalled.

This is very frustrating and I am very close to cancelling my subscription.

Bug Unresolved Locked

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Hi,

This thread is getting to be a catch can for all performance-related issues. Many of them are not related to one another. The community can't seem to help the variety of performance issues some of you are having. Sorry for the frustration.

I advise you to create a new post with concise details about your system and media rather than generically complaining about performance. Using the format given in the pinned post, How do I write a bug report? Kindly write up your bug report and post tha

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 136 Replies 136
136 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree!   "Your PC is too slow" is bs.

I can run 202 PERFECTLY. 

22.6.2 PERFECTLY.

But 22.6.3 has the same issues that 23.? does?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have any luck with this, i literally can't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Serioulsy what is happening, is Adobe going to fix this or should inverst in Resolve or Avid stock fotr the massive changeover that's about to happen..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just go back to Premiere 2022 and use the project file downgrader above, to be able to open your projects that have been saved in Premiere 2023 already.
Dunno if or when there is an update on Premiere 2023 that potentially fixes this, but I don´t want to mess around with that anymore. Premiere 2022 is fine for all I am doing right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried, couple problems there. 1 - is that the site doesn't work anymore, can anyone get it to work? You choose what file you want to down convert and it just does nothing. I would love to know how to do it? And 2 - I will lose all my titles that i weas forced to create in the new Essential GFX panel right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++++ Make a Copy of your project with a New Name in the same folder as the original ++++
1) Right-Click the COPY of the project and from the 7-Zip menu select “Open Archive”
2) In 7-Zip there is one file same name as the project – Right-Click the file and select EDIT*
3) On the fourth line change the Version = “??” Change the number portion to “1” Save and Close
4) 7-Zip will ask you if you want to update that file in the archive, Select OK

That’s it! When you open the project Premiere Pro will say it is from a Previous Version, and will give it a new name as usual.

This post has a bit more info...
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/open-premiere-project-in-older-version-downgrade-project...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hahahaha! Thanks for the coding tip MyerPj! Will do. I'm still gonna have essetnail gfx issues however 😕

But seriously Adobe, get off your money pile and fix the leak or else it will all drain away soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I would like to know if there is an update coming because this is frustrating to no end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, at least misery loves company. In the same boat as many of you all. From what I gather at this point, it looks like downgrading to Premiere 2022 is the only thing that has reliably worked for most. In the meantime, I wanted to add one more user voice to this thread to help substantiate that this is not and end-user problem, and that Adobe needs to address this issue with a fix. Serious questions remain as to how this ever got released in the first-place- though the damage seems to have been done, and likely will be long-lasting. Shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem, every time, all projects, all computers, 2 minutes after restart it feel like playing Heroes of Might and Magic III. 2 month till next yr payment, if things stay the same, I'll cancel the subscription, the work that ussually takes an hour, now needs four, its not ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

editing now 2k footage from sony a7s2 on my imac pro in 1/8 ))))))00)0))))))))))00

(if you close all other apps, you can get another 20-30 second before your next restart)))))))))))))))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to keep this thread alive, I am having the same issues.  I went from '22 to '23 in early Feb and my workflow has slowed down to a crawl.  I was relieved to see I'm not the only one experiencing this but also disappointed that the original post was made 3 months ago and still hasn't been resolved.  I usually keep multiple versions of Premiere installed since I am sometimes required to open up old projects and I'd rather not go through the process of upgrading the project file (I've had many issues doing this in the past).   At first I thought it was Ventura but have discovered it is not that.  I can confirm that while '23 runs like Windows 95, I can open up '22 on the same machine and same OS with zero problems.  I will be rolling back to '22 until this issue is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, still an issue. Adobe is crazy, they're gonna lose customers. Has anyone tried the latest update to Premiere from a few days ago?q

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chuck,

What kind of Mac? What's the footage (which Camera)? Which version of Premiere Pro? The bug on Macs is not that of the OP, who is on PC. Would you like your post moved to that bug report? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin! I''m not Chuck, but i am a consistent poster and checker of this thread. Have you heard about the sluggish perofmrace of PP 2023? It's pretty much unidentifiable to everyone what is causing it but i believe i speak for all when i say it feels like a cache buildup or some sort of process overlaod that doesnt clean itself out as it just hets worse amd worse the more minutes you are in somehting. 2022 rollbacks aere working for everyone so it's not sytem or OS related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Jon,

Sorry for the frustration. Is it possible to provide more info? Are you on PC or Mac? The fix for Mac is to update to 23.2. Editors using PCs can try alternate drivers. 517.xx are older but can work.

Please try these tips, and let us know what happens.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon,

Maybe you don't know me yet. I am not a dev, I'm the community manager (traffic cop, beat writer) and am not on the Premiere Pro team. I'm just checking in on my day off. Hello.

As an FYI, Premiere Pro devs rarely engage in these user-to-user forums, sorry. Scroll up to the main page and click Bugs or Ideas. They'll read it there. File a new bug or upvote an existing one for the best results.

Please leave the community with more info. Mac or PC? If PC, NVIDIA? If that is the case, which drivers are you using? They've all been of poor quality since December. Check our known issues. The info you provide is vital. Hope the community can provide a solution for you ASAP.

You will have to excuse me as I must attend to my children, my old Japanese cars. One is almost as old as me, a '67 Datsun Bluebird. It's leaking oil all over my carport, and I must go "change the diaper" so my landlord stops freaking out. My other toy, my e-bike is also in need of attention. Back in the office tomorrow. Have a good one.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow ok, good luck wih your cars 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anton,

Sorry about this. The OP has an issue on PC. It appears you are on Mac. I am a Mac person and saw the bug, as well. Please update to 23.2 to be clear of that one. Can you try it? It is working great for me. Let us know!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I was wrong:( PP is still very slow, lags and can't work normally. Time for FCP or DR?

MacPro 2019/96GB/2xAMD W5700X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fotoprograph,

Sorry, OP is on PC. You are on Mac, so, they're different issues. Are on 23.2? That should fix it.

Thanks, 

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to 23.2 and still having the same issues.  Getting so frustrated.  It's taking about 5 times longer to edit.  Not acceptable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to 23.2 and still not working.  same issues. I'm on Mac with Ventura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious, are you on Intel or M1/M2?

Votes

Translate

Translate