• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2024 - poor playback (M2 Ultra Studio)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We started edting a documentary on Premiere PRO 2024, on a clean install, with tons of footage (MXF Files / ProRes 422), on a MAC M2 Ultra Studio (128 gb) and the playback just doesn't work AT ALL. 

After being on the phone with a tech guy from Adobe and sharing access to my comp, the only solution was to disable INPUT AUDIO (microphone), and reset media caches & preferences. It worked for 30 minutes, then it started to lag and stutter.

Here's what I have going on:

• 4TB of 4k footage imported approx, with other footage (Mainly C70/R5C files and Gopros, drones DJI, Sony alpha's etc..)
  • Proxies are 720P ProRes 422 PROXY
  • (2) Monitors + Reference one (but even disabling the i/o interface doesn't help)
  • Media Cache on a separate drive from Project Files 
  • Drives are NAS SSDs, optimized at 10GB ethernet
  • Mac Studio M2 Ultra with 128GB of RAM
  • Running latest macOS

Adobe sells this software for feature films, but it can't handle this YET.

Are any updates coming in? We can't finish our documentary that way. What would be the best solution?

Thank you.

Mod note: Title changed to reflect the issue.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
31 Comments
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then no one knows what is sucking. Therefore no way to know what to fix. Pretty simple.

I understand the frustration, and I've pisted epic rants myself. But I also understand what is needed to be able to fix anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having these issues too, and I've tried adjusting every setting. No luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always switch to Avid MC Ultimate 2024.2, and put your footage an fast raid or NAS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset preferences helped me but also realised that it can't handle dup detection on a multicam sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having ridiculous audio playback and export problems with Premiere Pro 2024.  I can't apply ANY transitions, effects or automation to audio clips, and doing so means random snippets of the audio file will play during playback. Disabling input audio fixes the problem with playback, but doesn't fix export - so essentially I cannot deliver edits involving audio. 

Great work yet again, Adobe.  How about actually listening to users and slow down the release cadence because you clearly do not have the capacity to deliver a new version every year.  Please get your s*** together.  I'm going to strongly suggest to my bosses that the company ditches Adobe for good and moves onto an app that works.  I can't keep spending this much time trouble shooting and complaining - especially when you objectively REFUSE to listen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Makes sense to have modes that don't work properly /s

Votes

Translate

Translate