• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2024 - poor playback (M2 Ultra Studio)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We started edting a documentary on Premiere PRO 2024, on a clean install, with tons of footage (MXF Files / ProRes 422), on a MAC M2 Ultra Studio (128 gb) and the playback just doesn't work AT ALL. 

After being on the phone with a tech guy from Adobe and sharing access to my comp, the only solution was to disable INPUT AUDIO (microphone), and reset media caches & preferences. It worked for 30 minutes, then it started to lag and stutter.

Here's what I have going on:

• 4TB of 4k footage imported approx, with other footage (Mainly C70/R5C files and Gopros, drones DJI, Sony alpha's etc..)
  • Proxies are 720P ProRes 422 PROXY
  • (2) Monitors + Reference one (but even disabling the i/o interface doesn't help)
  • Media Cache on a separate drive from Project Files 
  • Drives are NAS SSDs, optimized at 10GB ethernet
  • Mac Studio M2 Ultra with 128GB of RAM
  • Running latest macOS

Adobe sells this software for feature films, but it can't handle this YET.

Are any updates coming in? We can't finish our documentary that way. What would be the best solution?

Thank you.

Mod note: Title changed to reflect the issue.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
30 Comments
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset preferences helped me but also realised that it can't handle dup detection on a multicam sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having ridiculous audio playback and export problems with Premiere Pro 2024.  I can't apply ANY transitions, effects or automation to audio clips, and doing so means random snippets of the audio file will play during playback. Disabling input audio fixes the problem with playback, but doesn't fix export - so essentially I cannot deliver edits involving audio. 

Mod note: Edited for content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

esta acontacendo o travamento dos videos no Premiere Pró 2024 com arquivos do DJI AIR 3 tambem. A solução fiu voltar para a versão 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @LINK_EDITING,

It's been a while since you filed this bug report. Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, let the team know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2024 Jul 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do. I can't work on my project anymore. I have a MacBook 2022 M2 and premiere suddenly started lagging to the point it was impossible to do anything with the timeline. I bought an external SSD drive and reconnected everything. It worked for half a day, and now it's back to its old tricks, lagging and not responding. I clear the media cache each time I start up. No difference it seems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate